Windy Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Windy Monday

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:34 am

What kind of day are you having?
I am checking in safe okay still windy here today I have power and heat.
A gust of wind woke me up around three this morning.
I prayed a lot did not get back to sleep.

I havw swept & mopped the diningroom.
I have vaccumed the living room.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Re: Windy Monday

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:58 am

((((Nancy)))) I hope you can get a nap later today to make up for the lost sleep.

I woke up at 6am ready to get started on the day.

Today is a normal homeschool & charter school day.

On the menu today is Spaghetti, meat sauce and garlic bread for the family. I'm having leftover meat & vegetable soup.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Re: Monday Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:44 am

Thank you for getting us started Nancy. I tend to start my thinking for the day with the PWYC post, and I hadn't gotten myself together enough to start it. I'm not starting the week with a plan or much thinking ahead.

I can't believe it's the end of March already.

Off the top of my head, some activities that should take place today...
-text massage therapist for an appt this week (after my achiness this weekend, I know I need it!)
-email tile store lady for suggestions on tile for fireplace surround and hearth. (Take photos and look up wall color and trim color first)

I am having trouble getting started today...almost 10 a.m. and I'm still sitting here.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:34 am

Morning...

Today day is horse day and the temps are expected to be around 90*. I haven’t worked with the horses in this kind of heat so it should be interesting for me. I see lots of water and sunscreen in my future.

Finally got my book transferred to my Audible app. Took time and a “chat” with a guy to make it happen.

My morning routines have been done. Am watching the Geo Floyd trial at the moment. I’m not really interested in the case, per say, but since I read many lawyer type books, and interested in the proceedings. Sweetie once had to serve on a trail involving a murder and the death penalty and I keep asking him if what I’m seeing is similar to what he experienced.

Interesting.. Sweetie is watching with me as the judge instructs the jury. He says the instructions are very similar to what his judge said. Only difference so far is Sweeties was able to either eat his lunch either in the jury room or at an outside court area and these jurors must eat their lunches only in the jury room.

This trial is expected to last two weeks and Sweetie’s lasted three.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:47 am

I've at least starting moving myself. The dog and I walked and I let her do some wandering around the area playground, sniffing about after the egg hunt on Saturday. I picked up a little trash too, although there wasn't much left behind.

Sheet rock people are here to work! That's getting me moving too.

They are noisy. As soon as my sheets are in the dryer, I'll head upstairs. I gave ddog a Trazadone.
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:08 am

Hi!

TMI warning.

I can't leave the vicinity of our washroom this morning. BRAT diet for me today. I have had some toast. Dh is bringing me some applesauce. I actually have bananas in the house. Now I feel cold and weak/wobbly legs.

Dh is on his way home from cardiologist appt. He called to see if I was feeling any better than when he left here this morning.

Dh can have whatever he wants for supper. I think I will make myself some chicken noodle soup for lunch. My body didn't appreciate the toast and hot tea. Instant tummy ache on top of the cramps.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:35 am

BTDT, Cathy. Hope you feel better. I find that sipping gatorade is helpful for me, but who am I (as a Jewish mother!) to favor Gatorade over chicken soup?

The mudding people are gone already. And I gave dMuff meds that haven't even kicked in yet. At least she only got 1/2 the dosage.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:56 am

When I saw "Windy" I half expected it was Cathy starting us off. Thank you, Nancy. I thought that because I know up home they still have high wind warnings.

I actually slept a good 8 hours last night. FINALLY! Feel so much better today. We had a pretty lazy day yesterday. Think all the events of the past couple of weeks caught up to all of us. I mentioned to dd that I noticed dsonil hadn't been out to his shed all weekend. He pretty much sat in his chair, on his phone or drawing. ???? Today he's already left for work as he was stopping at R ed W ing to buy new work shoes.

Haven't talked to dh yet and I see by charges on our CC that he's been out buying groceries. So, hopefully he's feeling better -either that or he's really pushing himself. Nah! He wouldn't do that -would he? Who am I kidding? I did talk with S pectrum yesterday because he still didn't have internet after they supposedly turned it on Saturday morning. We talked, I called dh, we talked again and I finally asked if they would just call and talk to him. She did and after she asked him about 3 questions she said, "Think you're right -you need a tech out there." So, he has an appointment for tomorrow 10-11am. Hope they get it running for him. Nice thing is he won't be using his electronics and can get some much needed rest. Last year they finally sent someone else and found a broken line about a mile away. Certainly wasn't our problem.

Have a LOL going. Will soon put it in the dryer and then I'll exercise. Have the dishes stacked in the sink and will do them after lunch.

Have a good Monday!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:43 pm

Yikes!!! Been working with my sunnies and found Aphids. They like to munch on my sunnie’s leaves and I can’t have that. Already used 7 Dust to work on the problem.

Cathy... hope you start feeing better. I have found peppermint tea really helps me with tummy issues.

Hope your dh finds a solution for your internet Dee. Know you would feel better if he was able to get it working.

Twins... years ago in my other life, my then husband and I added 1650 square feet to our existing 800’ home. One thing I know is about how messy sheet rock dust is. I feel for you!

Off to the horses.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:50 pm

Ramblin I was meaning to ask what do you pack in your bag when doing the horses? You mentioned it once.
A bit of good news. That cargo ship that was stuck in the sand is floating in the Seuz Canal!
My outlook is better now yea for that.
Sun came out but it is still breesy out not as bad however.
Worked on the table for another round found 1/4 th of it yea.

I have vacuumed the liv. Rm.
Swished the bathrooms.
Heading to dust the master bedroom.
I have made some decisions on items to declutter and they are bear the door now.
I like this house so much better now.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”