Windy Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Windy Monday

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:05 pm

Yeah, they finally started taking my advice!!! I've been saying for days to take the cargo off to change the weight of the thing. (Actually, I'm sure it was more than one helpful decision that did the job, but they did do some of that!) Have ya'll seen the cute video of children's ideas for getting it unstuck? ( a little girl rather prophetically said to dig the sand out) Giant tweezers and Godzilla were a part, also getting "a million people" to pull it by a rope. I need Godzilla with giant tweezers around here often. Also, he could clean my metal roof for me - I would pay plenty for that.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:07 pm

(((Cathy))) Take it easy and extra care while your body is getting better.

I'm on lunch break. We had a productive school morning and a good conversation at the dining room table while eating lunch.

In between other things I have filled 3 bags of grass clippings and dumped them into garden compost. I really like having a battery-operated lawnmower and can not see any reason that I would ever return to using a gas mower. IMHO, a battery mower is so much simpler to start and use as well as being much lighter weight.

After school is finished then My Project of the Day is to make sure the storm cellar is ready. It should be fine but I want to double/triple check everything while it is calm and not needed.

48 SHE cards completed
5034 steps
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:22 pm

I spent some time reading on my recliner with the heating pad on and an extra blanket wrapped around me. I was feeling cold earlier. Got up because I was getting hungry so I made some chicken noodle soup. I want more because it was so good, but maybe I should wait to see if it's going to be allowed to stay were it is.

I had some plain applesauce earlier.

I left the ginger ale open so it would go flat.

I can hear dh working on a tractor outside.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:26 pm

saying hello !

I did an anti procrastination today:
I normally wash my windows but I hired someone for this Friday - I have to be okay with it bc I can't do it.

now for trash and then some paperwork
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:53 pm

DH decided he would go to the funeral visitation with me, and we got there just at the same time as dmom. Spent almost an hour there, because I’m such a talker. This is a big family — the widow has 4 living siblings two children, and countless nieces and nephews, all of whom are near my age, so lots of “catching up” to do — which is really tiresome to DH, LOL — but since the widow and her siblings are his dad's first cousins, he was glad hd went.
However, after standing for so long, he was almost unable to climb back into the Tahoe. He is really having a lot of trouble with his legs. Aches, loss of strength, just really troubling and depressing to him.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:43 pm

Here I am at last. I've been working away. Watered outside and did some daily chores. Got a LOL put away. Then I started in on the paperwork. Big statement was there and I don't know why it was so difficult this time, but I had to go through it 3 times before I could get it all to balance. I got it to within 1 cent and called that good enough.

1st quarter ending. Wrote 1 paycheck, quite a brain burner figuring what to give DH. He's been working hard but so far hasn't been paid, just a bit for some supplies. One guy is applying to his insurance company for some help and the other guy and his wife is applying for a loan because his wife just lost her job. Payments might be a while in coming. Wrote a paycheck anyway and did the reports etc. Govt. messed with the payroll deduction process and it isn't as easy to figure out, no little chart to use. I finally decided to just forget any withholding. Last year we got all of ours back anyway (which means we were poorer than dirt in 2020). I can always change my mind farther along in the year if we run into a gold mine somewhere.

My eyes seemed fuzzy today and I was having troubles with numbers, so that might have contributed to how long it took. I had conversation with eye dr. about why this is and he finally told me about the couple spots I have (which, thankfully, are NOT macular degeneration but can be problematic). I miss the sharp vision I used to have when I was young. Course, there's a lot I miss from my younger years, this is just another thing.

Time for a break.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:48 pm

Hi everyone! I got hold of the RV club and will be attending (via Zoom) their April 7 meeting and have reserved my spot at the next campout. It was to be my first solo, but may not be. I mentioned it to a friend over dinner and she said, "That's my favorite place!", so naturally I invited her and her DH along. She has to remind him to take his meds, he cannot be left unless she gets a sitter. She still has to get a pet sitter, but that is much easier. So do I. She is not yet decided on the trip, probably because of the caregiving responsibilities. I will go regardless. It is 4 hours up the road, to a developed campground, where people will be expecting me. All good features for a solo trip.

Charlotte has been adopted and I am down to one cat. There are already cats wanting her slot. I have two meetings worth of minutes to do, tax documents to collect, and china cabinet repairs to complete.

If Sunny will PM me with her address, I will be happy to declutter that Dodge key fob from my drawer. It was also from a Journey (loved that car) and will be much more useful in her house.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:05 pm

Waving to all!
My goodness, my internet is slow, ssslllooowww, s l o w today.... SUPER SLOW as dgd would say. (Everything is "super -something.")

Since my last post, I have eaten way too much (ate nothing before visitation, so it was 1:00 before I started "breakfast.")
I finally started a load of laundry, did my Bible reading, and started uploading some photos to Wmart app.
GRRRRRR... it took all this time to do 17 of 30 photos, and now sends me a message that says "ooops! Something went wrong and we were unable to upload your photos. Check your internet connection and try again." :evil: :evil: :evil:
NO WONDER this is a task that I procrastinate about CONSTANTLY.

In the meantime, I googled prayer list organization. I'll put this discussion in J&C where it might be more fitting, but there's nothing personal about it. I'm just trying to be more "focused."

I believe I will try to do the pictures on my desktop and see where I get with that... sigh...
Tomorrow is another day.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:53 pm

Good afternoon/evening! Just a quick check-in; I can't really concentrate much because DC is reading me the Internet. I have not gotten much done today because I suggested DC stay downstairs for their online class instead of retreating to their room forever. (So often, we just see them for meals and the occasional TV show.) But DC was apparently also missing human contact, so I've spent the day being their human. Not quite as bad as when they were a toddler, but still that same "Mommy, Mommy" energy. But soon enough they will be out on their own, and I will miss this.

I had my online how-to meeting for my new CPAP this morning. Now I just have to clear away some space to put the darn thing, I spotted an old locker shelf downstairs that may be just the perfect size for squeezing in between the bed and nightstand. (I have to leave space there; that's where the outlet is.) I don't suppose I will immediately be more bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning, but I have my hopes!

I hope your GI tract is kinder to you, Cathy!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:01 pm

I went and laid on the bed with my book and that turned into a short nap. Woke up feeling very hungry so I just had some soda crackers and ginger ale.

Dh fed himself and the cats and flipped the laundry.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”