Windy Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Windy Monday

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:09 pm

FINALLY. Pictures are uploaded to wmart site. I don't really want to order till Sunday, because I expect to have an outing with dgrands Wednesday with some photo ops :lol: and surely I will get some with them in their Easter "finery" on Sunday. Although neither I nor ddil have mentioned anything at all to the other about Easter finery for these children, and often I am the one who makes sure they have something new. OTOH -- ddil buys sooo much for dgd at thrift stores b/c "It was sooo cute, and it was ONLY..." (and it seems it is easier to find girls' clothing in thrift stores. Maybe they aren't so rough on their clothes?)

Anyway -- PICTURES are a thorn in my side, that's for sure. It takes me FOREVER to upload them -- app, desktop, it doesn't matter. I MUST make it a priority to do this more often. I have a card for MONTHLY uploads, but as mentioned before, I tend to procrastinate, so I had not done February's yet, and here it is the last week of March. I need to do it on a weekly basis, I guess.

So -- surprise -- we are going to Chick - Fil - A with ds and dgrands. DDIL was supposed to work tonight, but she is having an arthritis flare-up, plus that virus thing the rest of us had this weekend, so she called in sick. That means no Nana-duty tomorrow until time for dgs' practice. DS asked if we would watch dgd while he took dgs to practice. They will probably spend the night tomorrow, but that's okay. One or two nights even in a row, we can manage somewhat, with relief in mid-day -- but three nights in a row had me a little worried.

Hope y'all have a nice evening! * Especially, you, Cathy! Hope you feel much better soon!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:13 pm

Mystery, so you now have to use a cpap? I hope it helps you.

Yes, me too, I hope Cathy is feeling better by now.

Mail had about 15 business sized envelopes. Gee whiz. Supplement insurance price increase. Health insurance used notices. Big post card from phone company about now having to use 10 digit dialing. Goodness, now DH and I both have to reprogram our cell phones. House insurance came, but is being renewed by one of their subsidiaries...and I haven't read through it all, I'm sure there's an increase in there. I've read that everybody's homeowners' ins. was going up in our state.

And this all came after doing 4 hours of paperwork today. Piling it on, ya know.

Good job with the pictures, Lucylee. I have a picture project I've been procrastinating about too.

Elizabeth, an RV club sounds just perfect for you. Helpful people around and all. Good luck!

Back outside to help DH with the hoses and sprinklers.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:31 pm

Mystery, I have a CPAP also. Wasn't hard to get used to.

But DC was apparently also missing human contact, so I've spent the day being their human.
This happens with my dd also, even tho she doesn't live her sometimes she just wants to hang out with me. Some times it's convenient, sometimes not.

I agree, the RV club sounds like a perfect contact for Elizabeth's camping!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:24 pm

I'm back home from taking DS12 to Insanity class. Now I need to stay up until he gets home around 9:30. I'm proud of him for sticking with this exercise program. It is NOT something he enjoys doing and frequently discusses quitting. He talks about quitting but he makes the decision to do it one more time.....day after day.

I'm going to put my feet up and watch a John Grisham movie called The Rainmaker. I've never read a JG book that was boring so I expect the movie will be good too.

110 SHE cards completed
7223 steps
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:10 pm

I am feeling so much better than I was this morning. Dh and I just sat on the couch and watched Blue Bloods together. He held my hand for almost the entire hour. He also asked what I wanted for Easter. Neither one of us are religious. I asked for a box of chocolates. I've already gotten him a card, some scratch lottery tickets and I found a chocolate bunny with rice krispies in it. First year I have seen one, and it was in a specialty chocolate shop in a nearby town. Dh always mentions that he likes them and he isn't a huge chocolate fan.

I am going to lay on the bed and read. I only touched dishes today to make them dirty. The kitchen looks like you-know-what. I will most likely get to it tomorrow morning.

Thanks for virtually holding my hand today ladies! I love you all.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:24 pm

Home from our outing with ds & dgrands. Strange for dh to suggest CFA -- he absolutely despises their parking lot. (Ever since that man backed into us and then drove forward into the car in front of him, dh has had an active hatred for the place, LOL!) And, yes CFA does manage their customer service more efficiently than anyone else in the world, IMHO, and I definitely would choose their food 99 times out of 100 if I had to choose where to eat -- but dh is one of those strange human beings who does not really think they are THAT much better than anyone else -- and their parking lot at our nearest location truly IS a nightmare since the Covid thing started. Since they don't allow anyone inside, the drive-thru business has probably tripled, at least... they have two lanes of human beings taking orders, and the drive-thru people coming in have to merge and yield with the drive-thru people leaving.

Anyway -- we had lots of fun. We always laugh a lot and enjoy time with ds.

And we found out there is no ball practice after tomorrow, so dgrands are spending the night tomorrow night and we're planning to take them on a surprise outing Wednesday and to eat at one of dgs' favorite restaurants.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:27 pm

Wind finaly stopped. Yea!

Return to “Post When You Can”