Taking charge Tuesday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Taking charge Tuesday!

Postby CathyS » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:30 am

What are you going to take charge of today?
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: Taking charge Tuesday!

Postby CathyS » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:37 am

Hi!

I am feeling much better today.

I had to take charge of laundry and the kitchen today. There was clean stuff piled in the back hall near the dryer and a load of dry stuff in the dryer. I dealt with the stuff already in the dryer. That is all away now. I still have my housecoat in the washing machine. That can wait a little bit. I will want it after supper.

I have loaded the dishwasher and it's waiting to get turned on at 11 when the price for electricity goes down. I'm too cheap sometimes. There is a sink full of pots and pans and a colander. There was dirty stuff on every surface in the kitchen this morning. Used/dirty pans on the stove, dirty cutlery and used paper towels on the table... Drying rack is empty and waiting for me to wash some stuff.

Any ways... I'm back in charge of the house!!

No idea of what's for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:53 am

Good Morning!

Cathy -- I'm glad you are feeling better!

I've been up and going for almost 3 hours. WOW! Double-checking to see if the time is right. Time seems to evaporate. I have completed 40 SHE cards and earned/collected two rewards during that time so at least I have something to show for what seems to be disappearing time.

Today is normal homeschool & charter school. DD9 teacher called yesterday and I agreed to move DD9 last state test date from May to April. This means that DD9 last day of charter public school will be May 7th. Only 28 more school days and then we can file this charter school experience in the "BTDTDWTGB" section of life.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:21 am

I like your attitude today, Cathy!

I have plenty I "need" to do, the question is whether I'll do it or not.

Genealogy:
-assignment for a webinar on 10 April aka homework.
-reading and prep for study group next week
-continue research on a DNA match - this is what I'd most like to do...
-and make research list for library on Thursday a.m. to email to them

I still need to email the tile store that I mentioned yesterday - about recommendations for tile around the fireplace and hearth.

I'm impressed that I've finished my a.m. routine already. The sheet rock people are just finishing for today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:33 am

Hopefully I'll be able to 'take charge' of my hair today. I'm on my way out the door to get it cut and permed. First cut since early last September. Never have I gone this long without at least a cut -except maybe when I was a girl with pigtails. Appointment's at 11.

Dh has a S pectrum technician coming, if he's not already there. Going to try to get the internet up and running. He said this morning that whoever this guy is, he's someone who camps at our campground. He'll probably recognize him when he sees him.

I'll be back later.

Cathy, glad you're feeling better.

Lady M, only 28 days to go -you can do this! Yay!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:48 am

Morning y’all...

LadyM ...28 more days to go! The countdown begins. Spoken like a true teacher, right Lucylee :D

Glad you’re feeling better Cathy.

My day is planned, and morning routines are done, so here we go:
Sunnies
Exercise
Shower
Vacuum and dust
Work on my son’s book

Waving to y’all...see ya!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:02 am

I'm happy that I'm feeling better today. I'm sure my dh is relieved. He might have had to do dishes or something... He can do them, but he told me once that he only did them every 3 days when he was single. I guess I could have waited another 2 days. LOL!!

I'm waiting for the timer to go off for 11 o'clock so I can turn on dishwasher and dryer. BZZZ! Poof!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:20 am

Good morning!

So, first night on the CPAP was a mixed bag -- up a couple of times to adjust things, and by 4 or 5 am, I had just plain had enough of it. But that got me enough hours to count for the night. Apparently insurance requirements are that you have to use it 4 hours a night for 70% of nights, or they won't pay for the thing. Of course, with our deductible, we're paying for the thing, anyway, but I suppose it's the matter of the payment counting towards our deductible. Too early to tell, I think, if I'm more rested.

The radiator was on as I was getting ready this morning. Seemed odd to be putting on a short-sleeved dress, capri leggings, and sandals while the radiator was on, but it's supposed to get up to 77° today. And two days from now, it's supposed to snow. Ah, spring!

Glad it was just a 24-hour bug, Cathy.

DD has texted. They have to render a 3D space for one of her classes, and while some of her classmates have chosen fictional places, she is basing hers on the farmhouse that DH's aunt owns that serves as a summer getaway for the family, and it's making her a little sad/nostalgic. (This is the place outside of Toronto that I have mentioned before, Cathy.) I don't think we'll be able to get up there this summer; I don't have that much hope for the border opening to general traffic, so one more year.... Didn't want to tell DD, but the place is threatened again. There is a gravel pit nearby that wants to expand to the next property over -- which would be unpleasant enough, but they want to dig below the water table, which will ruin the well water that that area depends upon and make the properties uninhabitable -- which would suit the gravelers just fine, as then they might be able to buy them for a song. On the family Zoom call last Sunday, DH's cousin was urging everyone to write the local government there, as this is the comment period for the proposal. The gravelers have been turned back before, but they keep on trying.

Lady M, I can't imagine the happy dance you will do when this school year is over!

Definitely want to e-mail that tile store, Twins -- wouldn't want to hold up the construction. Why did the sheetrock people finish so early?

I'm sure you will look quite chic, Dee!

Sounds like a peaceful day, RRose!

Oh, my! Where has the time gone? Only :45 till I have to leave to take DC to class. I need to see if I can scrape together a lunch with what's left in the house; the frequent trips to Panera are weighing upon the bank account. I might be able to work on the grocery list a bit while class is in session.

Have a good one, everybody!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:32 am

I am up have slept well.
Trash is at the curb.
Letter ready to go in the post.
Had bdast & Rx.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:29 pm

Mystery I remember the (small) signs everywhere up there! NO PITS!! STOP THE PITS!! etc. I hope they can stop them again.

Dishwasher has finished. I have gone to the bank and so that errand can be counted as done. Just need to listen for the dryer to buzz.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”