Taking charge Tuesday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Taking charge Tuesday!

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:40 pm

taking charge of trash day, which is tomorrow. This is the second of 2 (only 2) days without rain, so a chance to get declutter tossing to cans, new license plate on truck and sticker onto dd's truck, mail to box, etc. (well, the etc is more declutter)

Woo Hoo for Charlotte getting adopted into a new home, Elizabeth.

Glad Cathy feels better.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:52 pm

Dirty laundry is in the washer, bathrobe is in the dryer and stuff from dryer is all put away!

Now to put away all the clean dishes, pots/pans and knives.

I'm under the impression that maybe dh thinks I should be moving wood today, but it's really windy. I will see how I feel after I put the dishes away. He just came in and told me how nice it was outside, but too windy for a fire.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:04 pm

Hello. I'm dragging myself along here. For some reason, just tired today. I have things on my mind and I think that's zapping my strength. In a bit I'll have to call our insurance agent. Homeowners' Insurance is nearly double what it was last year and it's been edging up every year. Long conversation with DH about our options and his solution: oh just get a new company. Not so easy to do. Phone calls and bids etc. etc. and what I read online is FL upped a lot of insurance because of Irma. When we have a hurricane go through, and insurance companies have to make payouts, they don't lose any money. They just raise everyone's rates in the coming years. :roll:

So...dreaded phone call this afternoon.

Stopping for lunch. I've watered outside, now that's part of my morning routine... and mail to the box... I know I'll feel better when this is all behind me.

Cathy, don't work too hard today, remember you are recovering from something.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:24 pm

Hello everyone.

I wanted to say hello from my little corner of VA. The temperature at the moment is 63* and there are no clouds in the sky. This past week has seen many changes in the season here. We had temps in the 80s for a few days and now it is cooled a bit. I guess it was enough warmth to bring out the flowering trees like the cherries and pears, and forsythia, tulips, hyacinth etc. The hickory trees in our back yard are leafing out now also. The area is not looking as winter drab as it was!

Dson is working from home today. These last few weeks he has had to go to physical fitness, (exercise) every morning then straight to work on base. He went to bed early last night saying he didn't feel well. When I saw him this morning he said he still feels awful. He doesn't have Covid symptoms; we have a high pollen count alert here and he does have allergies, so it's probably just a cold.

I have a few days reading to cuop from the weekend. It is always a little hectic here on the weekends as that is mostly when errands are done. Dson replaced the brakes on his truck on Saturday. Ddil and her dmom wanted to go to the Battlefield Country Store to get some more bacon, etc. She called dson just as he was starting on the brakes and said something under the hood was burning. So we took my car and went to meet them. Dson determined that there had been so much stop and go traffic that the clutch was overheating. He took that car home and we took my car to the store.

Dgrd23 was here on Sunday for a little while. She and her dmom and ddad went out to tour a country manor that hosts weddings, etc. She is planning for her wedding for next year when she graduates from nursing school.

Dgrson19 will graduate on Wednesday from advanced training and will be able to come home next Monday. It will be so nice to see him again!

Ok, I'm off to cuop...see you all later.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:51 pm

Sunny - I enjoyed reading your post. Lots going on in your family!

Lunch was BBQ chicken breast, baked potatoes with fixin's, and green beans.

We are on lunch break. A much-needed lunch break. I am glad this morning is over. Hopefully, this afternoon will be better. While doing one-on-one Math work with DS12, his ADHD and ODD were on overload. He couldn't be still enough to sit in a chair so we did the one-hour Math lessons while standing at the bar. DD9 is typically calm but today she threw a temper tantrum because she didn't want to eat 4 green beans at lunch. Note....she has been eating green beans without a problem....so whatever this temper tantrum was about it wasn't the green beans. I am pleased that I stayed calm during all the episodes. The younger less experienced me wouldn't have had the patience to endure these back-to-back dramas. *** Deep breathe***

I'm going to spend some time outside in the sunshine and get myself recentered.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:28 pm

It amazes me how calm I get after spending 10-15 minutes walking in the garden. I am now ready to return to dealing with challenges and continue with school lessons.

Mystery - DH has used a CPAP for many years. One thing we learned (the hard way) is to set a reminder to get a new mask every 6 months. Our insurance will pay for replacement CPAP mask, tubes, and filters every 180 days. When DH first started using a CPAP we only got a new mask when his mask broke. If the mask or tubes break before the 6 months then we have to pay. If I remember right a new CPAP mask (replacement) is around $280. I keep a reminder going now and we get a new mask that is fully paid by insurance even if he doesn't need it yet.

BTW - DH absolutely hated the CPAP when he started using it. It took him a long time to get used to it. Now DH likes how well he sleeps while wearing the CPAP and never lays down to sleep without it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:34 pm

I've taken a walk around "our Village". Right now I am watching Jager tour the back yard, sniffing out all the places the squirrels and birds have been. And there is a bumblebee hovering just outside the window. Strange that that is interesting!

Thank you, Lady M. My dfamily can be a busy bunch! I hope your dh feels better. Good for dd9 (and you) having only 28 more school days. My dd-i-l,Y, teaches pre-schoolers at her elementary school and she frequently posts on FB a countdown poem during the last month of her school year! So fun to read.

RRose, I was sorry to read of your dfriend in the hospital. ((hugs & prayers for you all)).

Twins, Blessed Passover greetings! I've enjoyed hearing about your house renovations!

Cathy, I'm glad you are feeling better!

Harriet, I hope Axel is able to thrive in his new home.

Mystery, Dh used O2 at night (without the mask). He never liked it, even though he did sleep better. Dson 41 uses a Cpap and says it has helped a lot.

Elizabeth, thank you...PM coming.

((Harmony)), good luck with homeowners insurance. Ours used to go up every year. I was glad when we could cancel it.

I'm going to get some hot tea and a snack for lunch. I slept in till 10 a.m. this morning, so breakfast was late also. Jager is back in, Bumblebee is still hovering. Dson just talked to a nurse and he has to go get tested!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:42 pm

After my last post, dh came in and asked if I wanted to go to a large auto supply store with him. I said no. As soon as he left I went outside and got the ATV out, hooked up the little garden trailer and tried to move as much wood as I could before he got back. I just finished the 4th load when he got home. Since he's been home, I've done 1 more load. I'm almost finished moving all the old wood and dh is quite impressed. My back is starting to hurt, which is why I'm slowing down.

We discussed supper. We are going to pick up subs. Dh is working on his 3rd green tractor of the day. He has 12 to do and I think he is on either number 5 or 6. Farmer's helper brings one over and takes the other one back over to the farm. They are just down the street.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:57 pm

Back from town did somne banking & thrifting.
Got some great finds.
Saw friends.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:27 pm

Hello again. I've been through the last 5 years of homeowner's policies and made a sort-of list of things to compare. Perhaps this company is worse than some others? They were the least expensive for a lot of years. I've called and the gal who wrote this policy is out on vacation till Tuesday so I left information for her and asked her to call me back. Home costs are spiraling out of control and replacement of our house is noted at about $89,000 more than it was in 2007. DH says if he could just insure the roof and just some liability he'd call that good with this house. He knows how it's built. Course, getting any insurance company to agree to that is impossible... so I guess I will just worry until she calls and we chat.

Lady who answered the phone says everybody is looking around for a company, pricing things out...

Durn thing has ruined my day. I just can't get started on anything else. Guess I'm a worry-wort.

I know, maybe I'll just sit at my jig saw puzzle, I always feel calmer doing that.

LadyM, do you have a plan for DD's school for next year?

Return to “Post When You Can”