What is your weather like? Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: What is your weather like? Wednesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:34 am

it's cold here - it was beautiful yesterday. 65 and today it was 32 and cold (humidity cold) :shock: :D

hello dear ones!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:55 am

Good morning!

The weather here is about halfway between Cathy's and Twins's, which is, I suppose, to be expected. Yesterday was 70°, tomorrow snow is expected, and today is the long drop in between. Not raining now, but the ground is wet, and there was thunder earlier this morning.

This CPAP might be worthwhile. I was still slow moving this morning, but did not go back to sleep after DH went to work. Yes, this reports everything to insurance -- there's a cellular modem built in. And it has an app. I wish the app worked in real time -- the type on the display is too small for me to read easily, even with my glasses, and it would be nice if I could just grab my phone and see what the screen was telling me. They have an auto-refill program set up to replace the parts on schedule, so I don't have to worry about remembering it. So far, cleaning has not been burdensome, though I think it would be easier if I lived in a newer house with a master bath. It took some rearranging to find a space to let the pieces dry, and that can only be a temporary space, because it will be unusable when the weather gets warm and we have to put a fan in the window. Hmm... I could get a mesh lingerie bag, attach it to a plastic hanger, and hang it in the shower. Or I could get one of those cleaning gadgets -- and then have to figure out where to put the cleaning gadget.

Got wash going.

I hear you about the various spaces, Kathryn. Very similar around here, only without the recovering DH. It's so good to be hearing from you again!

Hoping things are a little more settled for lucylee today.

Hugs for your DD, Harriet. Very bittersweet.

So glad the numbers continue to drop where you are, LadyM. Here, we have hit a plateau, or even had a little uptick. Fortunately, I got appointments for DD and DC for vaccines this Friday, so I'm tickled about that.

Is there something else being done to the VW, Dee? Surely it can't take 2 days to program a key fob :shock:

That's wild, Rose! I say I am a homebody from a long line of homebodies (DM had 50 first cousins; 5, I think, moved outside of the greater Cleveland area, and 4 of those were guys who met their wives while they were stationed elsewhere in the service and settled down where their wives were from -- the 5th was a gal whose husband got a job transfer), but 3 or 4 generations ago, they all had ancestors who had enough wanderlust -- or were desperate enough -- to leave Poland. To be on land your 8th-generation ancestor owned -- wow! (Yeah, I realize it wasn't directly passed down, but still, wow!)

Ugh, damp cold is the worst, blessed!

Onward to do stuff -- hoping to finish the grocery order that I've been working on catch-as-catch-can! Have a good day!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:05 pm

Wow, reading today's posts was an education and very very interesting. I'm happy y'all share what's going on in your lives. I feel like I'm part of something nice that way.

It's just the same ol stuff here for me. I've just been puttering around so far. Did some hand washing, tidied my bedroom, straightened up my desk. I can't leave all the insurance papers stretched out all over my desk till Tuesday. It's bad enough that they're "stretched out" in my mind as I think about this situation. I don't know why insurance bothers me so much. I also hate to rebid and redo car and truck insurance, but that's not as bad as homeowners. With homeowners in our state, we must put in a mitigation report. It's a report we fill out as to the openings and wind protection (impact glass or shutters) and hurricane clips at each truss to the beam and then pictures of all of this. This has to be done by a licensed contractor, which we used to do for ourselves. But lately they've been saying it's a conflict of interest in our case so we have to find a contractor to look at our pics and sign off on it. Last time we got someone at our church to do it.

And the bad thing really is that some prefer all this plus the pictures to be submitted online which is almost a step too far for us... plus it's not so easy for DH to be crawling around up in crawl space up in the trusses to take pictures of all those hurricane clips. We live in a concrete and metal bunker for heavens sake, so we're not worried about complying, it's the documentation that's hard for us. It saves us way over $2,000 each year to have this. If we change insurance companies we will have to come up with this all over again. So..... yes I'm stressed about it all.

Well, anyway, I've done all my usual stuff so far and need to figure out what else to do today. I basically wasted most of yesterday.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:42 pm

I'm happy y'all share what's going on in your lives. I feel like I'm part of something nice that way.

I agree!

DD brought a fresh out of the oven blueberry bundt cake. The WHOLE cake disappeared in about 10 minutes. DH had a good size piece and I had about 5 bites. DS12 and DD9 ate the rest.

Lunch was good. I made a new-to-us Indian masala recipe. Everyone gave it thumbs up except DD9. She isn't adventurous AT ALL with trying new food.

I need to be out the door to make the 50+ mile drive to pick up Sams order and pharmacy. I'm taking both kids with me because DH is going with our previous preacher to a funeral to support DFriends.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:02 pm

Maids have come and gone, so my house is sparkly again.

There is a 46 acre farm across the street from us. Until recently there were 43 acres of cherry trees and pear trees with 5 rows of pear trees directly across from our front door. We knew that the person renting the fields had not been looking after the trees properly (as compared to most other orchards around us). Last year the trees were completely ignored all summer and not harvested. Dh and I had a few pears from the trees in front of us with permission from the person renting them. The pears were not great last year. Well... today the last of the trees came down. The renter used something that pushes the trees over and then grinds them up and that all gets tilled back into the ground. I almost cried when the last 2 trees came down. None of the neighbours are happy about this, but we all understand that cash crops are important, and the trees weren't bringing in as much as soy or wheat will bring. The same guy rents the field behind us.

We are having chicken for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:12 pm

LOL — yep, Harriet, that is EXACTLY the sound I was making.

And Cathy, my weather is very much like Twins’. It’s 54 degrees here and dropping, and very cloudy. But I think the rain is over and we are off for a spring break outing with the dgrands.

I will try to post more tonight bug if I don’t, y’all will know it’s because if Nana duty.

Oh — thanks for the info Twins!
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:04 pm

Still a pretty high chance of rain here, through 9 p.m. tonight.

Feel free to skip my vent..

This has felt like Lucylee's evening, although with different characters and scenes. Maybe it's a play in a big theatre and this is another act.

Picking up at the grocery store was not the thing to do today. The shopper apparently mixed up my bags with someone else's. The guy who brought it out realized that I had ordered wine and didn't have it because he was prompted to scan my driver's license, but I didn't check the bags. When I got home and looked I realized it was the wrong order. Yes, service desk, my name was on the bags, but no, it wasn't that one or two items were not there, it was all the wrong stuff. So they located it, still at the store and I drove back (in the rain again) where they swapped out the orders. The guy picking up the order I got was parked, waiting for me, even. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I did not know how much was going on here today. They did start with the ceiling on the screened porch, but, as I was trying to back out of the driveway to go back to the grocery, they were unloading the new door between the great room and screened porch. :roll: So they have the whole back door, three doors wide but only one opening, dismantled with a hole there. And then they are installing the new door, both doors opening to the porch (with sidelights) so we can throw the doors open. (This is what dh wanted, dare I roll my eyes again???)

BTW, as I pulled into the grocery store lot for the second time, dh called to check in and chat. Had to tell him I needed phone and would call him back. Now dd wants to come over to "pet the dog."

I walked the dog when I got home from the grocery for the second time. I hadn't walked her before because of the rain, although we did go out and walk a few houses down in the rain earlier so she would "do her business."

I need to clean up the kitchen and finish putting away the groceries. I was planning to go to the 3 p.m. zoom meeting but I'll read the Cliff notes. :roll:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:11 pm

There is a 46 acre farm across the street from us.
I love that d Cathy!!!! sorry they didn't take care of it but hopefully this year!

waving to everyone
listening to garden world as I do bills

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:21 pm

Wanted to report a sign of the times:
I just snacked on my first bowl of Grape Nuts cereal in about 6 months. They've been out of production even longer than that. It was manufacturing difficulties during the pandemic (they're made in a different way from most cereals, so were put on the back burner in order to get as many boxes out as possible of a large variety of cereals).

When I saw it was available I clicked on a box for our order but really didn't think I'd get them, since they've been costing privately on e bay, etc., more than $100 a box during the shortage. I imagine they were available in the store recently but snapped up before they could get to the online availability.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:53 pm

:o :o :o wow d harriet!!!

Return to “Post When You Can”