Quarter-Point of the Year! (sorry not an April Fool's joke)

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Quarter-Point of the Year! (sorry not an April Fool's joke)

Postby Sunny » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:26 am

Hello! Nice to see everyone here this morning!

When my alarm sounded at 7:45 this morning I didn't feel like getting up so I snuggled in until 9 a.m. When I came downstairs ds was just leaving to get another C-19 test. I've had my breakfast of instant oatmeal with apple and cinnamon and my one cup of coffee.

We had rain off and on all day yesterday and it rained overnight; now the sun is trying to peek through the clouds. Temperature is 44* and is quite breezy out now.

Yesterday morning we watched the live stream of dgrson's AIT graduation. He is officially done with his training and when he comes home he will be ready to start his monthly reserve meetings.

Great start for the day, and I loved the Orvis article! Over the years of my lifetime our family has had fun with April Fool's jokes. The one that comes to minds now is when DSon#3 was a teen and just ready to leave for school one morning. His dgrandmother told him his sox were untied...Yes, that made him look at his feet!

I think the dishwasher need emptied, so I will go do that now, then get my cross stitch out.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:01 pm

It's snowing where I am. UGH! Worst April Fool's joke ever.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:47 pm

About the Orvis dog waders, I hope you clicked on the link at the bottom of the page....for more details.

Got into several books at library, there's just never enough time. These are all county specific books, can't check them out so have to work in them quickly since time there is limited. Got another appointment for next Monday a.m.

Sanding of sheet rock is tomorrow. We are eating out tomorrow night - birthday for friends and their twenty something son.

Supper tonight is pizza stuffed peppers over cauliflower rice.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:42 pm

I'm thrilled and thankful to have survived the hike today. It was a little over 5 miles of rocky terrain. Even the grassy areas had rocks and cactus that required being careful with each step. Two people fell today but resulted in just a few bruises. The hike physically pushed me but I did it without any problems. #Thankful

BTW - this hike was organized and lead by our librarian. She is amazing and our community is spoiled to have a library that is the center of the community in many ways.

Lunch was Subway.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:52 pm

Donation drop off completed!
Went to bank.
Store run done food is put away.
Sawed one branch and got the idea to use the wheel burrow and it
worked like a charm got that branch moved and one
other so that section of the back is cleared out.
Got my next branch cut up yea!
Only two more to do.

Picked up after the dog.
Walked the dog around the block.
Counting shopping and loading donations from the basement as some of my exercise.
Laundry in the dryer too.

Forgot my bfast items might be eating oatmeal I think I have a fresh contai er of that. Might be a nice change.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:10 pm

We went and did a small grocery shopping and got a huge ham that will do us for various meals. I would like to cook some in the oven with scalloped potatoes as a side dish. I would also like to have "mc" muffins, so sliced on a bun with a fried egg and a slice of cheese for at least 1 breakfast this weekend. I would also like to have at least one other meal, hopefully a casserole kind of thing at some point over the weekend.

We got more navel oranges, but there are a lot less this week.

We came home after that and an unusual failure at our favourite bakery. They had sold out of all of their bread and buns. They are open and Saturday, so I might go there tomorrow.

We went out for Vietnamese soup. The owner stopped by our table to chat.

We also called dh's mom and talked for a bit.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:57 pm

Yep, first quarter done and done. Where does the time go?

Nothing different today except that I gave myself a hair trim. Our small group got together tonight and that was pleasant to actually be with people for a change. Everybody's been vaccinated...a couple of them were waiting for their 2nd shot. It was more people than I've mingled with that closely. We did sit outside to eat our meal, which was food we each brought for ourselves. I wonder how long it will be before I get comfortable amongst people?

I need to do a big pupa again. How does it get this messy so quickly? I started in the kitchen but really didn't get far. Tomorrow. Tomorrow.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:37 pm

It felt like Friday this afternoon.
It was strange but I enjoyed the 70* sunny weather.
Another bright spot found a long sleeved tee shirt grey in color for every day pleased to find one in long sl. This ti e oif year to protect from the sun.

Return to “Post When You Can”