Good Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Good Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:19 pm

All the time Harmony. It's the friends who moved into their new house last summer. It is gorgeous, and they have wonderful taste. And they don't mind spending for nicer things. Since they moved they've finished out over the garage space for an office and workout area for him, and soon they are doing a larger deck.

Guy hasn't been back to clean up.

After posting earlier and eating lunch, a friend called to talk about DNA results - I had told her to call me this afternoon. A lady contacted her about her DNA match and she believes that her great uncle, who was stated in Germany in the 1950s may be this lady's father. So we talked, then dh came in. Now he's sitting in our bedroom.

I'd like to restart that last round.
-finish master bathroom
-vacuum master bedroom and hall toward garage
-sweep, maybe mop floor of laundry room.
-purge refrigerator
-water plants
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:59 pm

DD9 has finished with her school work. I took photos of all the papers and created pdf to send to the teacher. I updated the google spreadsheet showing all the digital work DD9 did this week. It always feels good to reach this point in the week.

I planted 2 types of tomato seeds in the raised bed. I choose to not start seeds indoors this year. In previous years I have translated seedlings and also planted seeds. Both of them start producing about the same time so this year I'm only doing seeds. Hopefully, I won't regret this decision. Time will tell.

I have mowed one of the back yards, emptied the fire pit ashes into the compost, started a new fire in the fire pit, watered the 9 earthboxes and the newly planted seeds, put liquid fertilizer on 5 of the raised beds that have vegetables growing. I'm still waiting and watching for the asparagus to show. I hope it survived being ordered from A-river, shipped, and transplanted.

RR - what a wonderful friend and mentor you are being to that young man. DS12 struggled with underarm odor. He was taking 2 showers a day, using multiple types of soap, and tried wearing several different types of deodorant. Nothing worked and he would still have a bad odor under his arms. Someone told him it was caused by bacteria and he had to kill it before it would go away. They said to use a cotton ball to dab vinegar on his armpit and let it dry. The vinegar smell goes away when it dries. Out of desperation DS12 did that for a couple of days and was THRILL for the odor to disappear.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:13 pm

Thanks girls for the nice comments. Working with inner city kids and. Those from difficult backgrounds sort of gives me a special radar to know the signs. This kid is talented but I can tell he’s sort of feeling his way into adulthood.

When I asked him what kinds of food he likes thinking I could bring him some leftovers that I have when I cook, he told me he loves what ever an 11 year old likes to eat. I told him my son at that age ate hamburgers, hot dogs and Mac and cheese. His response to that was he had Mac and cheese for the first time last month! When I asked what his mom cooked for him he said tacos and spaghetti when she cooked but most of the time he ate at McDonalds. That and the tone he used when talking to me spoke volumes.

I took care of so many kids over my 25 years of teaching providing food, clothes and other needed stuff this just sort of comes naturally. Sure Lucylee knows exactly what I’m talking about. I just feel for this kid, but just want to be a friend, not his mom.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:33 pm

So far I’ve done 7 loads of laundry with one more to go. The last time I did this much was when I was married and my son was young. However by then I was doing P&P so it wasn’t so much in one day.

Oops, just remember is still have my horse clothes in the garage so make it two more loads lol!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:44 pm

Dh prepped and then cooked everything we are having for supper. Now he is outside watching over the BBQ. It makes me smile inside when he does this. I also smile outside, but he can see and understand that part. The inside smile is the feeling of being looked after/taken care of/being cared for... it's part of his love language I think. He doesn't always have to be kissing/holding hands/saying "I love you"... it's nice.

Supper is served.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:55 pm

I finished as much as I'm doing on the bathroom and then vacuumed the breakfast area (what I can get to) the kitchen, the path through the dining room, foyer, and where dust had been tracked from the great room dust. He's here now cleaning up some in there.

I think I'm going to sit down here for a bit. I'll need to get ready to go out in an hour or so. I'll dampen my hair and try to fluff it.

Tomorrow afternoon dh is going to a funeral that's about an hour away. He'll go for visitation before the funeral and they stay, and his office assistant is going with him - it's a client. I need to use some of that time to do some of the genealogy homework and prep I haven't done this week.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:56 pm

Sunshine also helps. Lying in the sun at at time close to the apex of the sun's arc that day, lift arms up so the sunshine can reach the underarms for 10 minutes or less - good for bottoms of feet, too. I doubt if it would be as immediate as the suggestion someone gave LadyM's ds.

Had a good conversation on the phone (J and C) and shared it with HRH. I was happy about it and he was glad for me, but I think for him, it just brought him down.

Desk Day today, followed through to the mailbox.

Will visit colorist in the morning, using the slightly lighter color. We'll see.

Gifts of magazines are smart. Kind of a "no worries" gesture that doesn't make anyone feel awkward about taking a gift, but interesting and offers more time of enjoyment than many gifts.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:13 pm

I have been outside did a round on the yard and clean on the patio.
Sat on a lawn chair and enjoyed the spring temps. My purple leaf plum tree
Is covered with pink blooms. Watched a butterfly quite a while.
Pick up somemore small branches that was in the pile.

Did one more round got the bulb bed dead headed it looks so much better,
But it i s dry out I have not gotten out the hoses yet.

Asked a random guy cleaning his mower a question I had on gas
For mine aand he had a couple of tips. :mrgreen: I am too cheap to pay 35$ a week
For some one to mow plus I need the exercise.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:21 pm

I managed to empty out the 2 drawers of the pots & pans cupboard. And proceeded to clean out all the candles & a few odds 'n ends in the double cupboard under the cook top. We threw out some candles and the rest are boxed in a bin under the TV long stand in the living room. The pots & pans, etc are sitting on a counter waiting for dd to bring in another rolling shelving unit. It's hard to describe these shelving units but they're unbelievably helpful. DD's MIL had many of them. They all fold down flat, are a heavy metal, open up to 3 or 4 tiers of shelves, are about 3-4' long and lock once open and all are on wheels. I'm sure they were very expensive to buy. We're wheeling one into the kitchen loading it (with like things) and rolling it into the great room. We'll put them side by side with the short ends toward a wall, making it possible to probably put 3 or 4 in a row in each space available. We're setting up our office to double as our 'kitchen' during the weeks we'll be in chaos.

DD got her 2nd vaccine this morning. She then went to H ome D epot to purchase their new flooring for the kitchen, dining, hallway and laundry rooms. She got a bulk buy discount and another 10% Military discount. It's a better price than her contractor could get. Think she saved over $150. It was going to be a while before they could get it all down for her so Dsonil is going back Monday with their jeep/trailer to pick it up. She'll have to find someone to help her unload it. We've cleared the back screened porch to house all the construction stuff. Dsonil still isn't able to lift.

Dsonil saw his Dr. for the first time today. Put him immediately on a BP medication -not surprised at that at all. Scheduled him for an MRI to view the spot on his lung and a colonoscopy. He hasn't been to a Dr in years. We're hoping this Dr can convince him to get the vaccine, along with a flu shot this fall.

When dd got her shot this morning he asked if she had any questions and she did talk about 'side effects'. She was mostly concerned about spiking a temp when she goes to Orlando for the hockey game this afternoon. They told her to take T ylenol before she left and that should keep any rise in check. She has 2 games in Tampa tomorrow & Sunday mornings.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”