Good Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Good Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:14 am

Today is Good Friday for those of the Christian faith. It's a good Friday for the rest of us!

What does your day look like? Holiday plans? Usual weekend plans? Easter dresses? Passover dresses? :lol: :lol:

Thinking of spring holiday memories: Easter dresses growing up, some with little hats and gloves. Getting my kids to Passover Seders, where they were hungry and squirmy and then wouldn't eat anything. Easter egg hunts with family.

Do share!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Good Friday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:26 am

Hi!

I am headed out to the bakery. They open at 9. Then I am headed to an antique store. I was there last weekend and I saw some stuff I wanted to get. 1 thing is a crystal imprint of a cat's face. Today would have been my dolder cat's 8th birthday. I have been wanting to get something to put in the house as a memorial to her. The front on this is around the size of the base of a coffee mug, so not too big, but big enough to see from across the room.

Almost nothing is open here today. I was actually surprised that the bakery would be open.

Other than that, there is almost nothing that really needs to be done here. Dishes are all stull clean and all laundry is clean and put away other than what is in the washer and what I have on right now. Not enough in the washer for a load. Dh has absolutely nothing to do today. He is staying home while I go and deal with the bakery, which will have a line up. He hates lining up. We were 4th in line to go into the grocery store yesterday and he wasn't happy about it.

Supper tonight will be BBQ steak and a packet of mushrooms for dh and another packet with potatoes and onions in it.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:49 am

I was reminded late yesterday afternoon that I never did anything about the tile decision for around the fireplace. :roll: My mind has just been all over this week. So I need to call and address that this a.m.

Also this a.m. is sanding the sheet rock! After that milestone, I can actually clean again. Contractor said all that was happening today was sanding and clean up, I don't know if they are starting inside clean up or only carrying off the mess from the bead board ceiling and soffit work this week. Dh is suggesting change in plans to only stain bead board ceiling instead of painting. It has a nice grain and is beautifully installed. I've always wanted a porch painted "haint blue" a very light blue.

Back soon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:08 am

Good Morning!

haint blue

That is the same color I want to use for our front porch! The story behind the paint color it is interesting.

I am feeling a bit beat up after two consecutive days of over 10K steps. It was just 2 months ago that I was averaging 3K steps. I have been trying to get my steps up, but this is a bigger push than my body is ready for without having aches and pains. I'll get through it and will be all okay.

today's activities -
** Homeschool
** Charter school
** 11am DH to doctor for diabetic shoes
** 7pm Good Friday church service.
** 8pm DS12 to insanity and then the gym

On the menu today = pizza and green salad.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:57 am

LadyM, I know these later evenings picking up ds are wearing you out! I not being able to get into pajamas and relax in the evening when I had to go back out.

Call to tile people made and have appt for 1 p.m. on Monday. Dog is walked, kitchen counters cleaned up. I'm heading upstairs to "install" some towels at the base of upstairs doors that may get fallout from sanding.

Ooooh, the guy got here to seal everything up before I finished writing, so it's all done now.

Rebooting the laundry next, still need to make the bed.

Sheet rock people are incoming...

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:35 am

hello hello -

I am trying to get on track today as I slept most of yesterday - physical therapy seems to cause me tremendous pain throughout my body the whole day. next time take something A LEVE or Tylenol before going pt.

have a great day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:57 am

DS12 doing group exercises & gym at night is a PITA for me because my day is longer. HOWever, the results he is seeing are making it worth the effort. He started Feb 26 so has been doing it a little over a month. Yesterday on the hike he spontaneously did a bell jump which surprised me that he can do that now. On the last half mile or so of the hike, he took off running instead of walking it. I was astonished because that isn't his normal. He told me that he has learned how to move his feet and how to hold his hands/arms so he can run easier. These are simple things for some kids to do, but DS12 body grew so fast that he has always been uncoordinated.

I'm making slow but steady progress. 27 SHE cards completed.

I've also made a big pot of my favorite type of soup (multiple meat & vegetables). Today I added a handful of lentils to the soup which I normally don't do. I usually start with 3 types of meat and then just add multiple kinds of vegetables until it reaches the top of the pot.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:02 am

And I can't believe they are done and gone! Contractor employee will be back later to do some clean up, he must be the jack of all trades. He did a little wiring, he's put up the plastic to drape off rooms, delivered materials and just checked in with us. I should start cleaning and dusting. Unfortunately, I have the donwannas. And we don't get the great room back yet, I don't think.

That is so good for ds, LadyM. It also gives him another somewhat social group and the improvement in his self awareness and body movement is priceless. That jump is amazing! Ds worked out with a trainer for awhile but he never got into it. He keeps his weight low now through what he eats; he's very disciplined in that.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:04 am

Morning y’all..

Aww, Sheetrock dust, I remember it well..yuck!!!

Today is a marathon laundry day! We have a horse trainer that is now living on at the care center. He’s just a “kid”...22 yrs old... and amazing to watch with the horses. He’s working with our rescues, not necessarily to tame them, though they are not nearly as wild as our WW’s, but teaching them better manors to make they safer for the volunteers to work with.

A few of our rescues will accept a halter, but do not do it willingly. This is important so that we can give the horses medical attention when needed. Horses teeth never stop growing and they sometimes have dental issues that need to be addressed. Same with the horses hooves. The center brings in farriers to attend to their feet and gets for the horses teeth. Both need to have the horses haltered so they can work on them

Any way over time I have become friends with the kid. He is living in as RV at the center. From what little he has shared with me, it seems like he had a difficult family growing up. One of the jobs he has taken over is loading the trucks and ATV with hay...all 30+ bales... every day including his days off. He works with me when we feed the WW’s as he and I throw the hay flakes to the WA’s. You have to work fast and furiously and he great to have.

After a feed the other day several of us, we are all women over 40, we’re telling him how thankful we were to have his help. He said he could imagine how we loaded the trucks on our own and was happy to help. We asked him if there was anything we could do to thank him and he jokingly said...yeah, my laundry.

Our center is out in the desert and miles away from a laundry mat, so Wednesday while we were taking a break I told him I was going to do his laundry every week as a way to thank him for all the help he has given me, especially with loading the hay.

So before I left the center he brought me a garbage bag filled with is laundry. I got to tell you his clothes stink! He doesn’t wear deodorant or is out of it. I’m happy to do his laundry, but I’ve got to tell you my laundry room was smelling really bad till I got his clothes done.

Yesterday I vacuumed out my car. No matter how careful I am, I still get tons of hay in it. I also went shopping for some clothes at several stores. Not many people were at any of them but it was nice to do something that was somewhat normal. I also did a Walmart run

Today it’s:
Laundry
Sunnies
Laundry
Vacuum
Work on my seasonal closet
Laundry

Do you see a theme going on around here?

Nancy... you asked what I keep in my bag when I go to the horses; sunscreen, hand lotion, my hat and work gloves, gum and cough drops... my. mouth gets really dry from dust and hay ...my wallet and meds, and a long sleeve shirt that I wear when throwing hay. This week I will be adding some artic micro clothes that I will freeze and use while I’m working. The temps this week will be reaching 100*!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:07 am

Trying to get my jumbled thoughts (all jotted on paper) in some semblance of order on the computer. Ordered several things from S am's for dh yesterday. Now have to put together a W almart order for him. I'll do that in the next few days.d

DD's gone to get her second vaccine. She's really hoping it doesn't cause her to spike a temp this evening as she has an Orlando hockey game. If she gets there and her temp is up at all they won't let her in. Sure she'll take it again before she leaves here -twould be a shame to waste a trip. She then has 2 more in Tampa tomorrow and Sunday. Says she wishes she could be a 'fly on the wall' tonight in Tampa -there's a Raptor's basketball game tonight and a Tampa Lightning game tomorrow at noon. Talk about quick change. They usually have at least the whole next day to get the ice down.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”