Good Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Good Friday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:11 am

I slept in after being up in the nite.
I have a plan for dinners the next 3 days.
So happy my new long sl. Tee works with sweat pants for chores and such today here.
I have 2 branches left to cut in more managable sizes.
The yard needs raked.
Sheets & laundry need done.
One cupboard to declutter.
That is on the docket next.
Planning & journal done.
Did some in the zone this week.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:16 am

I think I'm going to do the "five things" method to try to get myself moving on some house chores.

-put my CPAP tubing and mask into diluted vinegar bath to clean
-fold two loads of laundry, continue to reboot
-take care of 10 pieces of paper from the box by my computer
-clean bathroom counter and toilet area
-refill meds container
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:33 am

yay on your work everyone!~

I am working on decluttering but not just items
(trying to get some jobs out of the way etc.)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:34 pm

(blessed) I'm sorry your PT makes you ache.

BWTG for LadyM's DSon. I wonder if he'll keep up some sort of exercise when his classes are done?

I've been working on places of clutter around here. House is looking better. Laundry is sloshing.

I spice-rubbed a beef roast to slow roast it today. DH looked wistfully as he came into the kitchen. He just left for his weekend job. I told him I'd save him some. There will be a lot left. We haven't had a roast beef and mashed potatoes for a long time. I saw the recipe on the internet and it looked so good I got us one last time I was in the store.

RRose, probably that helper didn't have much access to a laundromat and was wearing his clothes more than 1 time. Maybe include a stick or can of deodorant with his clean laundry when you give it back...if you think he wouldn't be offended. :lol:

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:46 pm

Love the declutting, bw2. I'm thinking I'll be doing some as I (eventually) put things back into place here.

I got those five done, swished both bathrooms but did not do the rest of bathrooms. I did a few "side tracked" tasks: cleaned rings, replaced a battery in an old Timex digital clock I keep on the bathroom counter, ordered more Windex and protectors for the bottoms of our bar stools. I emailed the doc about a refill of meds, too. I've been getting the industrial size refill of Windex and 409 and refilling instead of more plastic to recycle, BTW.

Next five:
-finish master bath cleaning
-finish front hall bathroom, actually, I'll just do sink and toilet, should leave floor and dusting until the dust in foyer is gone..
-check the mail (need an easy one)
-get plastic water bottles out of car for recycling
-use comet on kitchen sink

Harmony's idea is a good one...discreet.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:01 pm

the window washer is here - it's odd as I usually wash the windows and do the gutters. but I have to see this as a blessing :D
waving at you again!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:27 pm

Y’all must have been reading my mind... I’ve already included deodorant in his bag :D

He reminds me of many of my “lost boys” that I taught. I know the signs. He’s been surviving on his own since he was 18. I told him to include his bed sheets when he gave me his laundry. He said during our conversation he never had a bed during his first 18 years. I didn’t ask questions. And since there is only one set of sheets in the RV he’s staying in, I bought him a second set yesterday at Walmart.

I was told by my care center leader that he was adopted. However, He did share he had a half sister reach out to him when he was 18 that his bio father had died. Turns out he is a produce of an affair his mom had and had no idea that his “father” wasn’t his bio father. He also shared with me that he always wondered why he looked so different from the rest of his family. He said the father that raised him has very dark hair, Eyes and skin and is Hispanic looking.

He also told me he and his dad have an amazing relationship and talks to his dad every day, but he hasn’t heard or spoken to his mom since he left home more than two months ago.

While I was between my duties and working in the hay shed he found me and continue to talk. We found we have a common love of backpacking and when we took a break he brought me all his camping equipment for me to see.

I get a monthly magazine called the Backpacker and have decided to include it with his laundry and deodorant :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:41 pm

Last time I suggested a window washer, bw2, my dh suggested I do it myself. Hence, it hasn't been done. :lol: I don't know why he thinks that's a job I should do.

I didn't get to the master bath. I did dust the MBR and reboot and fold more laundry. I'm obviously avoiding for some reason, but it's not because it's that bad.

I need lunch, then will go again...
-finish master bathroom
-vacuum master bedroom and hall toward garage
-sweep, maybe mop floor of laundry room.
-purge refrigerator
-water plants

I'm trying to not do things that more dust will settle on when they take down the plastic curtains. I don't think they all come down today but I'm not sure. The kitchen table and chairs need a good dusting but it's so close to the plastic I think there will be dust stirred up when it's moved. If they don't take that curtain down today I'll dust the table and chairs later. We have a plastic tarp between Gr room and kitchen/breakfast, between Gr room and front hall, another on the stairwell before you go up, and the last one upstairs to prevent dust from going down that hall. Dusting the stairwell and dealing with that dust is going to be a job, but I'd rather see what they clean up first....

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:33 pm

R.Rose ty for your response.
I have been out side did my arm work out aka hand sawing up last of the limbs in this batch.
So glad I was done when I did pest control just came across the street.
Brought the dog in she has to stay in for an hour bc of the spraying.

Lovely day here. 70 * for our high temp.
I have to get my lunch next.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:02 pm

RRose, you are a good friend!

I got that LOL hanging up. I'm still puttering around the house, picking up and organizing.

We were at a friend's house last evening for that small group meeting. This was the first time we've met since Covid and since our friend moved into this new-to-them house. This house is newer than ours and much more 'put together' inside. All so nicely and tastefully decorated. I keep trying around here but I just can't seem to get there. Plus we 'use' our house differently too. I'm constantly trying to make my desk look like something other than a business, and the kitchen table and counters, but I'm the only one who is doing this stuff and I don't often get it accomplished. And of course, our friend's house was just neatly cleaned and organized for this gathering so we saw it at it's best light.

Anybody else ever feel comfortable and satisfied with their home until they get to see somebody else's?

Return to “Post When You Can”