Satisfying Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Satisfying Saturday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:30 pm

I am sipping my cranberry juice.
I have gotten out the hoses and the spray nozzles.
Peeled and deviled 6 eggs.
Dishes x
Nap. X
Phrged a coupl e more planners earlier.

Next up.
Sheets are going in the dryer now got em back on the bed last load in the washer now.
Laundry xxx
Had dinner cooked my hb patty yum!
Almost game time. Go team!
It is satisfying seeing this done!

Waving to everyone!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:09 pm

I've had dinner and I have DH's plate in the warmer oven as he's right now on his way home.

I worked on that bookcase all afternoon. It was a lot of work. I'm waiting for the 2nd coat of paint to dry. There's not enough contrast between the outside paint and the inside but I have to wait and see how it dries. I might have to do a 3rd coat. It's sitting on a dark blue cloth and picking up that color so I really can't tell. It would have been better if I'd sprayed it, but waiting for DH to get out the equipment, it would never have gotten done.

This bookcase used to be in the laundry room until we got the little freezer and put it there. Then it went into the garage where it got heavy use. So, anything I do to this thing will make it look better than it did. I'm considering some stenciling on it... still deciding.
Last edited by Harmony on Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:33 pm

I guess it was a satisfying day. But not a complete success.

I didn't sleep well. Visited with the grands over zoom,

Then started making hot cross buns. They never rose so I've made hot cross pucks. They each weigh 2x what a store bought one would weigh despite looking similar! They actually look gorgeous and smell great. The taste is dense but not inedible. I've frozen 8 and they may work well for French toast. The recipe said proof your yeast but mine comes in the foil packets with just enough for 1 batch so to proof it would mean having to open a second packet. AND it doesn't expire for months.

While the buns weren't rising, I did the morning walking (on the treadmill) and had breakfast. Dh had his nap after the buns came out of the oven.

After that we ran easy errands, pickup a pre-order from the bulk food store, dropped off the library books, took the car through the car wash, parked by the beach and did dh's afternoon walk along the water.

We picked up pizza on the way home and watched an episode. I also hung up the laundry to dry. Then I steeled myself to go grocery shopping. All day, Google has said the store was either "As busy as it ever gets" or "Busier than usual." I had hoped by 7:30 it would settle down but it didn't. We had everything we needed except something for Easter Dinner. So we decided to use up a gift certificate and ordered a roast beef dinner for takeout (there is no restaurant dining inside or out right now.)

So I spent the evening ordering new athletic shoes for dh. His old ones have fallen apart but he seldom wears the so never told me. It was only because he was on the treadmill that he realized how bad they had got, at home he wears slippers, out of the apartment he wears hiking boots or sandals. He only uses athletic shoes for his stress tests. I think I paid $20 for these from a discount store in a small town in Nova Scotia, probably a decade ago, so it is no wonder they have fallen apart. He needed them then because he had gone walking for miles and miles and worn through his previous pair of shoes. Since then, he started wearing hiking boots all the time. I will say they last better than shoes.

Now I'm off to bed. I only watched half my episode this morning because I split today's walk into AM/PM. I might watch the second half after I put dh to bed.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:36 pm

Sounds like a full day, Kathryn!

Sending “feel better soon,” wishes, Dee.

Quiet day here, since our dgrands are out of town.
DH still feels terrible.... has a come apart if I mention the doctor... sooo frustrating.

Happy Easter to you all!
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:21 am

Well the good news is I'm home -at midnight but home. Did go to Urgent Care where they did a urinalysis which came back negative! However, my heart was doing wonky things and they did an EKG. She sent me to ER because I was having tremendous amount of PVCs. Took another EKG & urinalysis in the hospital. Plus did lots of blood work thinking I probably needed electrolytes. Well! The urine came back that I DO have an infection. They did another EKG and heart was still doing the PVCs. Did the Troponin test for heart attack and there in their point of testing it came back some elevated. I evidentlyg then proceeded to have a pretty full blown 'panic attack'. Later my heart settled. I could feel the thumps all afternoon and evening. Now I feel none. Dr came in and said my heart enzymes were normal. They had given a massive dose of antibiotic through IV and also something to bring my BP down. She proceeded to give me the choice whether to stay overnight and I chose to come home with dd. Know she and dsonil will be keeping a close eye on me. My troponin level was at .027 but they said not enough to worry about. And a lot of that could be because my heart was so wonky this afternoon with all the PVCs.

So, I've had one chicken tender and a couple of cheese things from C ulver's. DD brought them home this afternoon and they sat on the counter as we thought we'd only be gone a short time. Dsonil will go pick up my antibiotic in the morning. I did ask the Dr about getting my second Covid vaccine on Tuesday. She told me to go ahead but tell them I'm on an antibiotic for a UTI and let them make the call. Evidently whenever I get a UTI it's going to send my body into a tailspin.

Oh, they did say, and Kathryn probably understands some of this. My count for heart failure was at 1,200. Many live with it much higher. I will probably call my cardiologist's office this week and tell them what's been happening. If only to see if he wants me to come north earlier. I know he's talked about replacing my aortic valve probably this summer.

I'm just happy to be home. Now I need to put my life alert back on and head to bed. Night all!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”