Satisfying Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Satisfying Saturday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:01 pm

DH volunteered to take the kids to guitar lessons. He has been doing that on a regular basis. I appreciate that because it gives me a couple of hours alone.

DD44 has canceled on the kids staying the night with her tonight. No one is surprised by it.

46 SHE cards completed
1.4k steps
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:18 pm

Cleaned stair treads and rails et al down down to stair landing. Taking a break from the bending over.

And....later....
the stairwell is done.

Next going to use damp mop at bottom of stairs where dust was tracked down. Then vacuum cleaner goes upstairs to vacuum up there. I'm not doing the best ever cleaning job because there will be more dust, just not as intense. They will build the mantle, cut holes in the sheet rock and outside where the windows up high will go (those were framed in and marked) and paint, trim, I don't know what else. But I think the major dusty part is done.

I'm glad I ordered a gallon of the hard surfaces floor cleaner last time.

Then I'm settling in for genealogy. Dh just left to go to a funeral about an hour away. The guy is here to do the patio but I'm pretty sure I don't have to supervise him. :roll:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:43 pm

Morning...

I’m taking a break at the moment. I had a migraine late yesterday afternoon so I’m slow and in recovery mode.

The bed has been changed and sheets are in the wash. I needed to pay some bills and then I’ll
Most likely rest for the rest of the day. We may go to the car show later but it’s suppose to be 100* ... ugh... and I have no desire to spend my afternoon in the heat.

The temps will be 100* at the care center this coming week so this should be interesting. I’m as prepared as I can be. We have misters and sprinklers set up for the horses but I’m sure they’re not gonna be the only ones using them :D

And I need to start planning for my trip that is coming up this Thursday. Will do most of it tomorrow before we go out to celebrate Easter. Will probably watch our service on my computer.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:00 pm

I removed some things from the island that had been growing on it and setting down roots. (a pile of books to go into the library, but never made it that extra 3 or 4 feet in the doorway of the room.) I also emptied the dishwasher and refilled it and turned it on again. I also dumped all the crumbs out of the toaster and threw them out. Dh was sitting at the table while I was doing some of this. I asked him how I could improve the island. He said I couldn't and as far as he was concerned, it was fine.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:06 pm

Lunch has been served, eaten together and cleaned up.

I'm going to put my feet up in the recliner and relax until I can't make myself sit here anymore.

68 SHE cards completed
4515 steps
1. Know what you want.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:30 pm

We were in the 50's again this morning. Cool for us this time of year. And a little breezy.

So I decided to do something about the little 2-shelf bookcase that sits in the corner of the dining room. It was an old cheap thing, not primo wood for sure and painted black. I had it covered with a way-too-big tablecloth that didn't match anything and it was a catch all on top. I was going to make another cover that actually fit...then decided not to do that. I dragged it outside and sanded it with 2 grits of sandpaper and steel wool. Then I mixed up a little bondo and put that in a few dinged up spots. I'm waiting for that to dry so I can sand that smooth.

I'm going to paint it inside and out. Looked online to see what's suggested and I've decided on a medium brown for the outside and a cream color for the inside. The bottom half has a backing, the top half does not. If I decide I want it I'll ask DH to put a piece of wood on the top part in the back and paint that too.

If this turns out well, good. If not I'll just make another cover for it. Slowly but surely I'm getting all the corners in the house finished up.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:45 pm

It has been cold for here, Harmony, no doubt. I was freezing and finally turned on the heat.

I've been lying low all day not feeling the greatest. Finally remembered I'd ordered UTI strips a few months back when someone here suggested it. Used one & it tested very positive for a UTI infection. So called my Dr's office up home for a script. She finally decided she wanted me to have a culture first before prescribing an antibiotic. So, as soon as dd gets here from her game in Tampa, she's taking me off to urgent care. Not my druthers but I know I need it done. And I'm supposed to have my 2nd vaccine Tuesday morning. Hoping this doesn't interfere.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:04 pm

Hello! Peeked in here the last couple of days, but I don't know if I've managed to write anything.

Twins, good job keeping up with the dust!

Getting your top three done sounds satisfying, Nancy.

I need to join you and start using my timer again, blessed.

Glad you got some time to yourself, LadyM. Sorry your date night has gone kaput. (At least that's what I presume since your DD44 is not taking the kids.)

100° so early, Rose?! You make me grateful for my crazy weather.

If your DH is happy with things, Cathy, I guess the only one you have to satisfy is yourself!

Rehabbing that shelf sounds satisfying, Harmony. It's been a long time since I've had the nerve to take on a project.

Ugh, UTIs are horrible, Dee. Sorry you have to go get the culture. Hope you're feeling better soon.

DD is home for the weekend. They did not have a spring break this year because of Covid, and she says she really could have used one. She paid us the really great compliment that her friends wondered if we could be their parents, too. My house may be a pit sometimes, but it's a pit full of love. <3 Still need to write the letter regarding DH's family's farmhouse. I feel really intimidated despite having been a writer for a living. I guess if I write a sentence here and there, it'll all get written.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:34 pm

Cleaned up the mess dh made making his supper. As a matter of fact, because it was a stinky mess, I put it all in a garbage bag and put that bag outside in the garbage can. While I was out there, I noticed there was barely any wind, so I burned the pinecones I gathered up last week sometime.

I think I'll empty the dishwasher and refill it and run it again with all the bowls dh used to make the coconut shrimp. We have a cistern repair person coming to take a look later this week, so the more water I use, the lower the level inside.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:13 pm

(((Dee))) Hope you get quick relief from UTI.

Mystery - BWTG on having a house that welcomes others. Your DD friend's words are heartfelt and to be treasured.

DS12 learned to drive a backhoe this afternoon and earned $20 by helping the grandfather of one of his friends. DS12 is on Cloud 9 for this experience.

I am 3/4 of the way through watching a movie. I don't like to sit still for long because my muscles get stiff, so I keep hitting pause on the movie and going outside to walk around in the garden, then I come back inside and watch some more of the movie. Repeat over and over.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”