EASTER SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

EASTER SUNDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:45 am

Greetings to Sheville this morning. Whatever you're doing today, may it be a good day for you.

I'm up but not s2s yet. Taking it slow and easy today till I'm feeling nearer 100%. I was concerned last night about getting my Covid Vaccine Tuesday. Dr. said to tell them at the site I have a UTI and am on an antibiotic and let them make the call, but she didn't see any problem. Hoping I can get it and be done with it.

DD's gone once again to Tampa for her fun job. Game starts at noon today so she has to be there by 9:30 for Covid testing. She'll be glad once they don't have to be tested before every game. At Orlando they no longer are tested but follow strict guidelines. I'm so glad she didn't have a game in Orlando last night (there was one but her other one comes first). If she'd been in Orlando I wouldn't have been able to do anything until she got home around 11. As it was she was home by about 4:30 and we took off for Urgent Care. Pretty sure I would have called the ambulance with the growing symptoms I was having. Especially the breathing and my heart.

Enjoy your day whatever/wherever it takes you. I'll try to watch our church service online at 10:30.

DS-R and dd's families went together on a new cover for our golf cart at GP -for Christmas. He sent a picture of it on the cart and is taking the cart to the campground this afternoon. Looks really nice.

Dh did tell me Friday that dcampowner/boss told him the price of propane is doubling this year. :shock: Am I surprised? No. Not with gas prices and all that rising like it has. We will try to use more electric heat this year to try to keep our price down as much as possible. I figured out once what we paid for propane last year. Will have to look that up and double it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: EASTER SUNDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:34 am

HAPPY EASTER DEAR DEE AND EVERYONE!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:09 am

Happy Easter to those who celebrate.

Dh and I exchanged cards and chocolate this morning. I thought I had gotten him a krispy rice fill chocolate bunny, but it was plain. It was in the same basket with the label "krispy rice milk chocolate bunnies" I am disappointed in myself.

Supper tonight will be a baked ham with just a bit of honey drizzled over it and cheesy scalloped potatoes. No pie. Dh said he would like a pie, but he doesn't need a pie, so no pie.

I think dh is cutting the grass. :shock: I told him I would be out later when it warmed up a bit more. Very little wind and there is some cardboard to be burned. There are also more pinecones and other debris from the trees.

The house looks eerily clean. I emptied and refilled the dishwasher. I also cleaned out the cat litter box. That's all I've done. I did move 1 thing off the island last night.

I've already sat and finished a book this morning and started the next book in the Alex Cross series. I've read them all before, but I haven't read them in a few years, so I decided to read them all over again.

Sat up and watched Coming 2 America last night. Dh finished binge watching The Stand. I also caught the end of a Bob Ross episode.

If anyone is looking for me, I'll be in the library stitching.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:46 am

Good morning all! Dee, so glad dd was there to get you help, and that you're home again and on top of things. Scary day for you and dd!

We ended up with a second social evening last night. Dh and I sat on the back patio to eat our pizza and drink a glass of wine, then neighbors down the street were feeding and exercising French bulldogs next door because next door neighbors were out of town, so we implored them to come over. Then dneighbors next door showed back up because they were away at volleyball tournament, and their dd sprained (or worse) an ankle. So they all hung out with us for awhile, including two of their teens. We were all on the porch and all vaccinated at least once, so nice to be with people, although I was peopled out by the end of the evening, 9 p.m. or so. I really love our neighborhood. While we were out there could see neighbor beyond them out with dogs in yard, then dfriend M beyond here.

Concrete guy was here until 5 p.m. or so and is supposed to be back today. I walked the dog, then dh got home, so I never got back to genealogy homework. It's hard when it's not something I'm that motivated to research.

I don't know what's on dh's mind for today. I need to work on that homework and do reading for the study group on Tuesday. Tomorrow I have a library appt for the a.m. and am picking out tile (hopefully) at 1 p.m.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:14 pm

No plans today sigh still 2 more weeks of reduced interaction.
Oh well it is fun to see the spring color here.
I am glad to have deviled eggs!
Pizza for dinner single serve mini pizzas are my fav. Find for the special days.
Waving to all Happy Easter to all!
Watched net flicks pg -13 The Young Misiah. I recoment parents previewing this one first fhen decide if kids can / sgoulkd see it.
I enjoyed it but it did have graphic scenes.

Had lunch.
Walked the dog.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:19 pm

Lunch came together quickly once we got home from church. I had it all prep'd before we left home and the oven volunteered to do the rest while we were gone. DH volunteered to do the dishes. Lunch today = Glazed ham, baked & mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, Ceasar salad, and hot rolls fresh from the oven.

I've never seen this church as full as it was today. Granted we were not attending this church at Easter last year, so this is our first time doing Easter at this church. I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't get that panic feeling from being inside with so many people.

I'm going to just exhale for a bit and mentally zone out.

If anyone is looking for me, I'll be in the library stitching.

If anyone is looking for me, I'll be in the garden or fun room.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:19 pm

Scalloped potatoes are in the oven. Ham will be going in soon. No idea what else I will serve with it.

Dh is still fishing. I turned the stereo off so I could have some true peace and quiet. Neighbour across the street decided that today would be a good day to roll his lawn. Ah, well. He's a farmer and he watches the weather carefully, so I guess if he thinks it's time to start getting his lawn ready, then I guess it is.

Fishing update... caught 2 fish and threw them both back when he realized that he wasn't going to catch more.

Dh says he saw a LOT of groups everywhere and LOTS of vehicles parked on rural driveways when he was out driving around. We are supposed to be in a lockdown with just the people you live with. Sigh.
Last edited by CathyS on Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:44 pm

If anyone's looking for me -look no further than the recliner. Still not feeling very well. BP just isn't coming down either. Hoping it does by tomorrow.

DD should be home soon I think. We're just having leftovers from our C ulver's supper at 12:30 this morning. I had one chicken tender then and 4 cheese curds. So, have plenty left. She bought us concrete mixers when she stopped there yesterday. I had part of mine as my lunch.

Just finished doing up the dishes from the last couple of days. Didn't really feel like doing them but I didn't want them left for dd. She had planned to make choc chip cookies to take to her fun job today. I'd gotten out 2 sticks of butter to soften for her yesterday afternoon. Obviously she didn't get to make them.

Ok, I've written enough -going in and put my feet up again.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:38 pm

Hello to everyone this Easter Sunday. Dee, I hope you continue to improve. What an experience! I feel like you headed off a bad thing at the pass.

I got up insanely early (for me) this morning and dressed and out the door with DH to church which started at 8:15. I went to this early service because it traditionally has less people than the other two services. The middle one is always packed and the latest one has been getting busy too and that gets out so late if one has plans for the day that's inconvenient. So DH was happy I'd gone with him. It was still in the 50's when we went and the church was running its a/c which kicked on about half-way through the service and I thought I was going to freeze in there. I always take a sweater but today it wasn't enough.

I got breakfast after getting home and got the cans ready for tomorrow's pickup and tidied up a bit. Then we were off to DH's family get together at his Nephew's house. We saw that for the first time, they've been there almost a year and its brand new. What a lovely home. They have a huge garage next to it with big doors in the front and the back and they had big long tables set up in there to eat. It was all very nice and the 2 young girls had an Easter egg hunt.

On the way there, we weren't far along when I noticed DH didn't have his hearing aids in and I mentioned it and he went back for them. So we were a few minutes later than we would have been. That's important, so read on: we went down the interstate a couple exits and were approaching our exit when the traffic slowed in all 3 lanes going south (our direction). About 1/4 mile or less from our exit we saw the accident on the road...which apparently had just happened. A car heading NORTH in the southbound lane (must have come UP the exit somehow) had a head-on collision with a big RV. It had just happened, there was no ambulance or police there yet. If DH had not gone back to the house to get his hearing aids it might have been US. :o

Phew. I had been texting with Sunny right about then and didn't get the chance to tell her what was happening.

Once home we had some dinner, leftover roast beef and mashed potatoes and salad and veggies. I did the 3rd coat of paint on that bookcase and I think it's as good as it's going to get so I'm going to call it good! Busy day, I'm bushed.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:56 pm

I had a relaxing afternoon with alternating doing things when I got tired of being still.

DD9 just lost another tooth. She had a tooth lose on both sides of her mouth so it has been a struggle for her to chew. She tried pulling it herself and I offered but she didn't want anyone to touch it. The tooth came out when she was drinking water! Hopefully, the other loose tooth will come out with no problems.

Harmony - I'm glad your travel was safe and the time spent with family was good.

((((Dee)))
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”