Not Windy Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Not Windy Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:51 pm

I'm kind of having a low day. The prep work for this class this Saturday has humbled me. I'm thinking I'm probably not focusing on it well, because my mind is all over trying to find a new case study, and that's what I'd rather be doing. But I just can't get a handle on these problems and do the kind of recording of my results that allow me to analyze what's happening.

And the construction - I am sick now about how the patio looks. The color is right but it has bubbles. And the house smells horrible from it.

I'm just a little ray of sunshine today, aren't I?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:06 pm

I have have to say wtg everyone on all your work!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:02 pm

Mystery, best wishes on the freelance job proposal. Let us know how it goes.

Dd22 had what was probably her best 2nd interview today and may have a new job. It's not a gallery but is art and design, so it will add to the resume. She's impressed with the place and the staff, so I hope that lasts. In an old-town, quiet neighborhood.

Twins', sleeping on it all may help. Also, something on paper that separates, physically onto two papers, the two projects (case and current questions). Sorry about construction/bubbling.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:23 pm

Dishwasher is going and most of the pots/pans and knives are on the drying rack. I would have finished the last 2 things, but dh and I started to share an orange.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:52 am

Twins, in our experience, people just get tired of having the mess drag on in and around their home and they hate having other people in and out all the time, making noise and mess. Some people are more tolerant than others, but they mostly ALL get exasperated with the process and can't wait for it to be done. We've had some people get downright nasty. People have little patience with their spaces being invaded by workmen. Try to keep your eye on the end result. Remember, if they aren't successful getting the look you want and they promised, as long as the top is smooth you can always paint.

I don't like those concrete floors because I've read they need sealed every year or two. Just think about having to move all your furniture and sealing the floor and then move everything back. Yuck! Our porcelain tile on our floors is mighty hard on our legs and feet, so we have a couple area rugs and always a mat of some sort at the kitchen sink where I stand a lot. I would love to have terrazzo again. That was popular down here years ago and they still do it and they have jazzed up patterns now, but it is really pricey to have done now. DH's niece has real engineered hardwood (not laminate) in her whole house and it is absolutely gorgeous. I'd hate to know what she paid for THAT!

Worked all afternoon with DH outside, helping him change 4 brakes on his truck. We talked about why it takes him so long...first we're crawling around on the ground (no lift) and his arms don't work properly to reach out for things, and he often doesn't have specific tools so uses whatever he has that will work... the front ones had 2 springs on them we've never seen and were tricky to get on... but we got 'er done and he says now the truck is very sensitive and stops on a dime! Good thing that's done, there was even a part missing on one and all were very worn down.

A/C fix in the car was a wire repair and fuse and recharged $50.00. Sure better than it could have been.

I put painters tape on the floor and set the edge of the bookcase on that and repainted the edges all the way around. I'm still working on this thing.

Best wishes and hopes for Harriet's DD and Mystery to get those jobs. For regular work or manual labor around here we can't get anybody to work.

Return to “Post When You Can”