Not Windy Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Not Windy Monday

Postby CathyS » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:43 am

It's not windy here today. :lol:

Everything is open again today other that whatever is shut down with Ontario being completely in the grey zone. Every little town and village got grounded because all of the large cities couldn't behave themselves and stay home. Grrr...

I was awoken to the sound of a green tractor on my driveway and then the person that brought that tractor over started up the red tractor to take it back to the farm just east of us. The red one needed to be warmed up, so I'm WIDE AWAKE!! :shock:

Leftover ham for supper. Dh and I both ate way too much and dh said he was so happy that there wasn't any pie because he couldn't have eaten anything after the ham and potatoes. The dish with the potatoes is the only dish in my sink this morning. If I had let it soak over night, I would have been able to wash it first thing this morning.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Re: Not Windy Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:52 am

I'm leaving for the library in a minute. Still casting about for case study...

Was up early because dh said that concrete guy was going to be here at 8 a.m. Of course, he wasn't. And dh told him I would be here today, I'm not sure why he wanted me here, but dh should have checked with me or looked at Google calendar. [righteous indignation]

Heading out in a minute, then need to choose tile today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:07 am

I just saw the bus today school resumes regular schedule in person from what I understand.
Cloudy day. No wind here.
Dishes x
(duds are current)
Vaccume X
Johrnaling X
Planning X
Menu x
S2s x
Dump trash x
Burn paper trash x
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:23 am

Started raking out the ditch on the south side of the driveway. Burned all of dh's cardboard. Starting to burn recyclables from the house. Pest control guy has come and gone. Dh just finished a brake job on a V W. Now he can start on the green tractor.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:17 am

Just peeking in and waving hello! DH is off today, and today's the home opener for our local baseball team, which is going one more year as the Indians despite that MLB wanted them to change their name this year, or so I thought.

Need to take the car to the mechanic for repair to the door that got backed into the other day (did I mention that?), and an e-mail from a friend reminds me that I need to submit a resume for a freelance job; I think that will go to the top of the list!

Have a good one! I hope the weather in your neck of the woods is as pleasant as it is here.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:29 am

Speaking of brake jobs...DH presently has his pickup (dump) on the jack. We drove it back and forth trying to figure out which wheel is squealing. We think it's at least both of them...DH decided to change all the brakes. We're waiting until we have the other car back so we won't be stranded. He took it to the a/c place early this morning. Getting work done on the a/c. It no longer cools even with fresh freon added, the compressor won't kick in any more. I think this will be an expensive fix but down here one can't live without a/c.

I got the major business bills paid; the first week of the month we get most of our statements. Sent a birthday card and note out too, to my friend who moved away. We still keep in touch a few times a year. I miss getting together for her during our brunches.

Lunch time!
Last edited by Harmony on Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:11 pm

Did as much as I could in the south ditch. Probably 75% done. I will leave the rest of the wet leaves until another day.

Dh said he would BBQ a couple of ham "steaks" for supper and do a packet of asparagus with butter and oil and black pepper. Last night's potato dish is soaking.

I still have to go to both banks. I can do it this afternoon or tomorrow. I have a dump run tomorrow with 4 tires and then a C ostco pickup for insulin after 2 p.m.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:23 pm

I'm back home for a quick lunch. Have I mentioned how "over" this concrete I am? I'm the one who just wanted basic concrete and would paint it, and dh and contractor convinced me it would be nicer to add the color additive. SO when it was poured the color additive was uneven. Then spent an entire day putting this "wash" on it and left all these brush strokes in it. Then he spend Sat and Sun this weekend sanding it off, and still had some sanding to do this a.m. And he hasn't started putting the color/sealant or whatever it is on it.

--------------
I didn't get this posted before. I had to run off to choose tile for the fireplace surround. It took literally 10 min and was done before dh got there.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:27 pm

Twins - I hope your concrete ends up being what you and DH had in mind.

I'm not sure if it is a local thing or not, but it is popular here to build a new home and have concrete floors that are stained instead of having tile/wood/carpet. The stain is purposely uneven (not the same shade of color all over the floor). After the stained concrete floors are walked on for a few years they show the paths that have the most foot traffic. Some people like the look.

I have been highly productive today but have reached a point that I need a break. I announced that I needed a break and sat down. In the first 5 minutes of my break, DS12 came to me 5 times with questions or to show me something. I had to remind him what it means when I'm taking a break. :roll:

DBro has been needy this morning too. Calgon take me away!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:32 pm

Waving to all.

(((Twins))) So frustrating...
And LadyM -- yes -- I have seen lots of people doing that stained concrete flooring in new homes. I wonder how that feels underfoot all the time. I do not think I would want to walk on concrete 24/7.

Mystery, do you have thoughts re: the baseball team name? Personally, I think we have carried "political correctness" a bit too far and I wish y'all would stay as you are. Just like the brouhaha about the All-star Game being taken out of Atlanta. Someone pointed out that voter ID is not such an extreme request; one has to show an ID to pick up "will call" tickets at any MLB park. :roll: Not to mention to buy cigarettes or alcohol. (We have always had to show ID to vote here in Alabama, so I can't understand why that would even be up for debate.) Plus, the actual proposed law in Georgia is not as restrictive as many other states, including New York, apparently (on time allowed for early voting, etc.)
Anyway. Hope this doesn't upset anyone here in our SHE village. I just think the whole country is losing its mind, a lot of the time. That's just me. I totally understand if y'all disagree and think I'm stuck in the past and need to get over it.

Dgrands are back at school after spring break. DDIL said dgd's class was having an Easter egg hunt. :D

It's not windy here, either. :D Just a nice sunny day, not too hot, very pleasant.
OTOH -- I am not having a very pleasant day. DDIL called to complain because all our local restaurants are closed on Mondays for some reason -- it's just their "thing," nothing connected to Covid or anything else, just kinda traditionally their off day, I guess
-- but then after I went to the post office, I called her back to tell her, "I'll see your Monday closures and raise you a federal jury duty notice."
:evil: :o :cry: :roll: :x
It's not REALLY a summons for jury duty -- just a notice that my name has been randomly selected to go into the pool of POTENTIAL FUTURE jurors for district court, which is held about a 100 miles from me, btw... but y'all know me, I am terrified of serving on a LOCAL jury. I just have a complete panic attack at the thought of it. I started to put that on the questionnaire. (I had to fill out an online statement confirming my qualification to serve. One question asked if i had a mental or physical disability that would prevent me from serving. I wanted to say, "yes, I am crazy and I will throw up if I have to appear for jury duty," but I thought better of it and decided I would wait until such time that I am actually called. And I may never be called, you know. But thinking about it certainly got my day off to a rousing start.

So that's how things are going here.

BTW -- I missed April Fool's Day with y'all, I think. I loved the Orvis ad, Harriet!
DGS was with us and he was SOOO excited. I had to restrain his enthusiasm a bit before he wasted everything in the kitchen, but I did allow him to swap the cereals to surprise his granddaddy. :D He put the Frosted Flakes bag in the Cheerios box and vice versa. When he told me what he had done, his eyes were just twinkling.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”