Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Tuesday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:46 pm

My cold symptoms showed back up in the late afternoon. I have a lack of stamina and just want to go lay down. My sinus action has almost gone, no fever or sore throat so things are improving. DS12 is doing group exercise so I'm staying up until he is safely home.

I ordered a tape measure to track my body shape and will offer it to DS12 to use if he wants. I've been meaning to get a tape that easily measures the 12 body areas for a while but it always seems to be OBE. I also ordered another "Be Kind" shirt for summer. I wear those types of shirt messages most days because I need the reminder. I was raised by a critical mother and don't want to default into that mode. Raising children is a challenge and I want my words and actions to be encouraging. If I was a tattoo type gal, I would get "Be Kind" tattooed on me for a permanent reminder to myself.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:10 pm

I was raised by a critical mother and don't want to default into that mode.

(((HUGS))) It is so hard for me to imagine you having this problem, LadyM. As y'all know, I definitely have this problem. Sometimes I have to stop myself and apologize, telling ds, "I am sooo my father's child..." I know my ddad loved me and was proud of me; but he just couldn't stop himself from constantly offering suggestions as to how I might need to do something better, different, more, etc... and yep... there I am, with ds & ddil, offering the same sort of advice. And, still trying to do things better, different, more, in my own life.

TODAY has been quite a waste of a day for me and I'm kinda beating myself up about it, too. Told dmom just yesterday that I was trying to STOP "frittering" the day away... and what do I do... just keep frittering. :roll: I've done NOTHING today except...
* reviewed 2020 journal, update some notes I wanted to keep from it (but didn't discard it, it is mostly a true planner & Bible reading journal)
* picked up dgs at school
* played a basketball game with dgs (but not strenuous enough to count as today's exercise)
* cooked supper, s/s kitchen

(((HUGS))) for the cold symptoms too, LadyM. Hope you feel better soon.

Glad you got past the migraine, Rose! Hope you have a great trip!

Twins -- sounds like things are (finally?) moving along very well! I know you will be so thrilled when this is all over.

Dee & Harmony, I find I am clinging to the mask for a different reason, LOL -- I am so used to going out without make-up, and I like having the mask to "hide" behind! :lol: I'm sure all these precautions have helped us all avoid the normal cold and flu, though, but I am so tired of it all.
Noticed tonight that our high school was having soccer and softball matches, lots of people in the stands. (Couldn't tell if anyone had on masks or not.)

Nancy, my dmom used to have rose bushes but for some reason, she has azaleas now where the rose bushes used to be.
I have NO flowering plants at all. I can kill a plant just by looking at it, I think.
Question for anyone who knows --
:?: I would love to have some hydrangea and wisteria. There is a big walnut tree in my backyard -- I was wondering how one goes about starting wisteria. Do you just buy it at a nursery and plant it, and it grows onto whatever is beside it? I need to look into this.
I also love tulips and buttercups, and I know buttercups are supposed to be super super easy, but my yard man consistently mows them down too soon and my row of buttercups is now just a row of green stems. :roll: I'm thinking about buying large pots and setting out buttercups and tulips in them.

Keeping a close eye on Nancy, too -- I get my second Pfizer shot Sunday! Kinda nervous... BUSY BUSY week ahead with dgs having ballgames Monday & Tuesday, and ddil working both nights, I think. So ds will certainly need some help.

Harmony, you are getting sooo much done! Big POTB, girl!

Harriet, yes... I would be thinking exactly the same way about dd's friend who is soon to be the mom of 3. It's not impossible for her to have a good, secure future, but she sure has a difficult road ahead of her. (((Hugs))) for her parents, too.

Lynlee -- that is hilarious!!! I love it!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:04 am

I am fine a bit of a sore arm this afternoon evening but that is all nothing more than I have had with others like flu or pneumonia.
I have been out dead heading herbs in the garden.
Winds tomorrow so I am glad I did that today.
Got the dishes done this evening.

I want to learn to bbq grill a burger on the brickets, but not have to be a master griller.
I think to drive a bus full of ladies to a retreat would be fun, but to have one as a camper
would be just more alone time so not quite what I think is the goal.

Got to my journal this afternoon.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:36 am

Did my 15 min walk away the pounds
Talked to DS — some good news there
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”