Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Tuesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:08 am

No theme that I can think of for today, to quote Al Roker, "What's happening in your world?"
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Tuesday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:29 am

What's happening in my world? Not much. I went to bed early and got up before 5 a.m. Much too early, so I laid there and finished reading a book.

Supper tonight is supposed to be spaghetti and meatballs with sauce from a can. We still have some leftover ham, but not too much.

I finished the dishes last night. Today I just have to put away all the clean dishes from the dishwasher and the rack.

I still have to go to both banks. I also need to go buy some cat food.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:55 am

Good Morning!

Yesterday afternoon I realized I was getting a summer cold. I started taking vitamin C every hour and it helped with the runny nose. I woke up during the night because my throat felt scratchy but I still managed to get 9 hrs of sleep with a good sleep score. My head feels too big and my energy level is down this morning. Ohs well.....I suppose this is part of the getting back to normal effort. Colds, stomach virus, and flu germs haven't gone away.

Today is normal Tuesday. Trash has been put at the end of the driveway for the trash truck. Both schools have a detailed plan that just needs to be prep'd and followed. This is definitely going to be a one. card. at. a. time. day. Just get through it.

On the menu today are Quesadillas. I have some refried beans, spicy tomatoes, multiple kinds of cheese, ground meat, and chopped vegetables that will be the filling. Everyone can choose their own. I'm going to make potato salad from the leftover baked potatoes. There is some leftover ham that can go with the potato salad. And as always there are green salad ingredients on hand ready to eat.

Our weather is warm and windy today. 80F with 24mph
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:07 am

If you want to smile - a quarantine project
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-06/ ... /100050666
That was my highlight. Not that I attempted making a my own model.

bins to the curb.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:09 am

Harmony, you hit the nail on the head last night. We're tired of the construction. And I'm tired of this concrete patio issue and am frustrated that every time this guy is going to "fix" it something is wrong. When I looked out on it yesterday it looked smooth. When they finished and I looked at it (they were gone) there were bubbles that now look like little collapsed volcanos. Our house is a mess, we have no room to hang out and watch TV except dh's office upstairs, and there's only one chair there and it's packed full. And dh is stressed too because he's more OCD about construction.

I'm whiny about the construction, but also genealogy. I feel pressure to find a new case study, to do the prep for the discussion group today and the workshop this Saturday, and to "keep up" with who are posting about it on Facebook. So when it's not fun, I need to back off to what is fun. I'll skip the study group today (again) and not worry about the prep for Saturday. I'll get plenty out of the workshop even if I don't do another ounce of work. (But I probably will review the syllabuses before Saturday.)

So I'm working on a better attitude. Not sure what else the day holds.

So sorry you're under the weather, LadyM. It's amazing (or not!) that I haven't had a cold all winter. I did have a tummy bug, I think.

Lynlee! I love your link!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:39 am

An attitude improvement sent to you, Twins'.

So much creativity in that, Lynlee! Reminds me of taking care of our green-eyed boy during all his "what can we build from a box?" days!

A grocery pickup this morning. Also need to get gas in two cans for the lawnmower. Dislike that chore. Can't use the same vehicle for both chores, so it means two trips out. Sigh.

The lawnmower had a nest built in it over the winter (ugh) and took some mechanic work. So the lawn is in high rebellion.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:10 am

I have gotten the trash can out to the curb.
Exercise done on the stat bike.
I am dressed before 7:00.
I am definately doing better with my grooming routines these days.
Had some bfast.
Stat bike 30 min. X

Errands
Store run x
#2 vaccine c
lunch x
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:18 am

Had my 2nd vaccine at 7;58 this morning. So, I'm done unless they come out with boosters later which I'm almost betting will happen.

As Twins said,
It's amazing (or not!) that I haven't had a cold all winter.
Me neither and every year I've had at least 2 or 3 bad ones. One thing I've been doing is gargling with an antiseptic mouthwash every day. Have done that since last fall. A friend whose daughter died from Hodgkins a few years ago had said her dd gargled every morning and never got a cold or a virus of any kind -other than the cancer. This was as advised by her Dr. Of course I've been out and about very little. But then I have had 2 UTI's since coming here in the fall -but they're not contagious. And I've been being so careful not to get one. It obviously hits me very hard.

That reminds me that dd's great nephew went for his 3 month check up last week. He hadn't gained any weight since his last check up so they put him in the hospital. Guess what they found! A UTI. Poor little guy.

DD and I have been unloading more cupboards. Her dh has been less than cooperative. He hates change and definitely is not looking forward to the chaos. She said he was driving her crazy last night. He was supposed to go pick up their new flooring with the trailer yesterday and she 'failed' to remind him Sunday night when he came home at 10pm -when she was sleeping. She left him a long note and the receipt yesterday. He decided NOT to go yesterday but said he'd go today. (And why did you schedule it during my work week? -he goes to work about 12:15pm-) She told him that they would only hold it so many days. He told her he was fine with the kitchen the way it is. Too late now -the process is underway. A guy is to come today to pressure wash the chimney and then it will get sealed. They've had different roofers look at this leak for years and only this contractor went up and sprayed the roof and then finally the chimney. That's when the water started coming through the ceiling! He'll cement it next week. They know they'll have water into the hallway but that ceiling is coming down anyway. Pretty sure we'll be living with "Mr. Grump" for the next couple of months!

Yesterday we went to pick up his VW at the dealer's. They had told him repairs (key fob, oil leak and coolant leak) would be about $1,000. In the end it was $1,674. But he's the one who wanted an expensive car. He's now 'thinking' about selling it. He's spent a lot of $$ on it this winter.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:57 am

hello hello!!!! I have been in a bit of pain lately so I haven't been doing the usual work.

I am focusing on one finished (but not perfect) project/routine at a time. I am amazed how fast time goes by (even with paperwork) and how long everything seems to take.

I wish you all a great day. Hope I can come back today! cheering you all on.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:31 pm

I went and did allllll of the banking. All utilities are paid with c cards also getting some money thrown at them. So grateful to be able to do this when I know others are out of work/having money troubles.

The muscles on the back of my legs are still a bit sore, so I'm not raking the ditch today.

Dh tells me he has enough insulin to get him to tomorrow, so I might not go to the largest box store with way too many people in it every time I go.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”