Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Tuesday PWYC

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:07 pm

Just a little 'smile' story: DD went to the "Restore" place this afternoon to see if they had any frosted glass doors (for her pantry cabinet in the remodel). She went to one of the side buildings and a 'watch' guy was there & struck up a conversation. He'd asked how are you today & she replied she used to teach just around the corner and now in the next town and just taking the day off as she wasn't feeling real chipper after her 2nd vaccine. He told her he'd stopped at C V S & they told him it was just for teachers and policemen. Not so. Besides he didn't know how or where to register. So, on her phone she got him registered and he has a code & just has to wait for them to call him. She did say, "I knew I was there for a reason". Did her good deed for today. Btw, she did find doors but wants to talk to the contractor before getting them. These were $100 vs $600 for her to buy them from a big box store.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:19 pm

Back from errands & getting #2 dose of cv-19 dose Phyzer.. Doing fine.
B got the one I was not out if rolling my eyes. Have to go back. It us the back up vile. Not out I just started
The other one so no worries I wrote it down wrong on my list.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:27 pm

I've heard the mouthwash thing because blessed's recommendation of Dr. John Campbell has done research and then videos on the mouthwash hopes for the virus, interviewing doctors. This was initially from Viet Nam where it was a common recommendation early on and they haven't had much trouble with the virus, then from Brazil, where they are in so much trouble now and really need all the help they can get. Brazil now has a company making proprietary mouthwashes you can't even get outside their county yet that are believed to be likely to help. But plain over-the-counter mouthwashes from a pharmacy could help some, as they may have in Viet Nam. Even (Dr. Johnson makes a face at this) Lis terine. The concept is that since you can hardly help but get some fumes of a mouthwash into nose and back of throat with normal rinsing, it is getting to nasal passages, which no one used to think was happening. So now I believe the general thoughts on this are "couldn't hurt, might help".

Proof I'm an old sourpuss: I was thinking of posting this in J and C but it's not exactly ... .. I may be the only one who thinks of "concern". Long time friend of dd22's - in fact I've posted about her here. She's been living with her fiancee for probably a year now. Anyway, she's now expecting twins. I worry because she has no job that I've ever heard of, decided against education past hs, and he has a reasonable but ordinary job. He's the father of a child already. So now this girl, probably 20-21? is going to be a mother of 3, boom. I know, I know, bundles of joy. It's been difficult for me to just say "congratulations", so I'm glad dd is the point man on that. Perhaps I am an old sourpuss now - am I this jaded. Her parents have started with putting her brother through college and it ain't cheap. Another child has required a lot of medical expense. I'm thinking of her Dad and know he is shell-shocked to start counting on his fingers all those who may need him to keep working on and on.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:57 pm

School is going smoothly. One assignment at a time.

We had a lifelong friend stop by the house at lunch and brought precious (to me) gift. He brought a dozen tomato seedlings that are about a foot tall. This friend has multiple greenhouses that he grows vegetables to sell at farmers markets. I am fascinated by their expertise in growing vegetables and could spend hours listening to and watching the process. ANYway, DFriend left when I told the kids to start school. I'm sure the kids were hoping I would be distracted by the vegetable growing discussions and forget about school. :D

It has been 24 hours since I started feeling bad with a summer cold. I'm feeling better now so hopefully, it was a light case.

68 SHE cards completed.
2,187 steps.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:23 pm

My dd watched most, if not all, of her friends from high school get married and have kids. She also watched as most of them struggled, and almost all of them divorced or split from the "baby daddies" if they weren't married. She claims that was the reason she didn't want to have children.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:31 pm

(Twins) Sorry your job turned out less than perfect.

Lynlee, I loved the paper bag horse and cowboy! I guess he used an ironing board and iron as a base...very clever.

Harriet, I'm with you about all that. But we see so much of that these days, don't we?

So, another pile of bills to pay today and a letter to answer. After that we went out together and I dropped DH off at HD for more hose parts and then we went to 2 banks and a stop to buy hamburgers to bring home for lunch since they were right there on the path. I've put the graining paint on that bookcase and happy to see it drying a bit lighter than it went on. In looking for some cheesecloth I came across a couple big pieces of fabric to match the curtains right where this bookcase is going to sit... so I'm debating how to make a table runner to match. There's no end to the things I could make or do around here, is there?

You know, we're getting used to no colds and flu with all the mask wearing and hand washing. Hard to think about them coming back after all this trouble with the virus.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:51 pm

Thius morning I dusted and did the window in the zo e this week.
Did a rbr .
PUPA in the zone. X
Gardened a few mon. Dug out 2 dead rose bushes not very old.
This is me not buying any more bare root ones the last ones did not make it.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:04 pm

I agree, Harmony. It's going to be hard for me to go out WITHOUT a mask after this year we've had. Especially since I've had nothing in the likes of flu, colds, stomach virus, etc. Friends always talked about the "W almart Cold" (or any other shopping cart store) so I have to wonder how careful I've been in the past years.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:33 pm

Harmony, the contractor's assistant came by earlier and he validated my feelings a bit. Although, the dried bubbles brush right off, and the concrete guy put another coat of the sealant on and I think it will be okay. It's been a bee hive of activity here - the guy who will do the tile came by, the contractor's assistant T wanted to draw out the shape of the mantle etc., and then came by several more times with flooring (what we already have, albeit not scratched up!) and trim and other supplies. It's been busy here and I am feeling better. I think it will be fine, and I'm still getting that large outdoor rug. I've been worn out responding to the door and phone today, so activity is a good thing.

Dh suggested I take some time off genealogy and do some stamping. I'm working some genealogy, but kind of piddling wondering if I could turn one of the records I have into a case study.

We're going out to eat tonight. Not being able to use our back patio and take the dog out there has been wearing on us.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:38 pm

Just a quick wave.

I had a migraine on Friday that lasted through Saturday night so that put me behind with my trip planning. So Sunday I worked to gather most of what I was packing and got that done.

Today I put in my irrigation system for my Sunnies and had to run a few last minute errands. Take a break and then heading for a shower. I need to do my nails and toes and any last minutes packing

I have horses tomorrow so I’ll be coming home tired and dirty

I did laundry today as well so Sweetie wouldn’t need to while I was gone. My flight leaves at noon and I am flying South West which I Haven flown before so this should be an added adventure.

It’s over 90* today and I went for my first swim of the year :D. It was hot work yesterday but I was able to keep cool by dowsing myself with the hose. I came home really dirty because I keep slathering myself with sunscreen and the hay flakes was sticking to it.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”