Wednesday Git 'er Done PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Wednesday Git 'er Done PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:51 pm

Lunch break here.

This morning was highly productive and we established some new weekly tasks. While DD44 worked on cleaning the two bathrooms, DS12 & DD9 worked on stripping their beds and cleaning their bedrooms (including vacuuming and mopping floors). I worked on cleaning, vacuuming and mopping the rest of the house. The plan is for this one-hour teamwork of cleaning will be a weekly Wednesday event.

Lunch was good and we have plenty of Chicken & Noodle leftovers. DH brought home a dozen hamburgers from Braums that he picked up after his doctor's appointment. We weren't expecting that addition to the lunch menu but it all worked out okay.

I'm not back to feeling myself yet so am just getting through this the best I can. I would take a sick day but dealing with the consequences isn't worth it.

Two more hours of school work and then I'm calling the school day done.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:07 pm

Let's hope Harriet's DD gets the job she wants.

Blessed, hope your ankle heals soon and all pain goes away.

Harriet, our pressure washer has wheels on the back. My problem is the wand. It wants to blow out of my hands and takes some strength to hold onto. Maybe that would bother your arm. I love the song! We have a lot of never-ending chores, don't we?!

Lucylee, I read people on gardening forums complaining about their neighbors Wisteria. I don't know about that, but whatever you do, do NOT plant honeysuckle. We had some random hs somewhere and brought it home and planted at our arbor. It grows at a Y shape so not a true vine that one can just trim the length. Hard to manage on an arbor. Wonderful orange flowers. But sheds leaves constantly and dead flowers and grows out of control. Neighbor in back and next door had it and it got into the empty lot next to us. It has spread all over that lot and we keep having to cut it back and clear it from our fence. A nuisance for sure, nice to look at but awful to have around.

So last night I came to shut down the computer before jumping into bed... and it was beginning the download of changes...not installing them, just getting ready to download. I'd gotten the message that our W10 was outdated and needed to have an updated version installed. I've been afraid to do that so have been putting it off, waiting for a good time. Well, last night I clicked on the durn thing and sat here for a long time babysitting it as it did its work and computer restarted multiple. Finally all done and I looked at tips and checked it out and decided nothing but the size of my stuff needed changed. So I was up a LONG time last evening and I am tired today.

Laundry today, 2nd load hung up. Some desk chores. When DH leaves for youth group tonight I plan to rake leaves until it gets dark.

LadyM, good choice getting some household help. I hope you feel better.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:45 pm

I got my trip out of the house done. I got a massage, then dropped off corrugated recycle and glass, and went and voted. Then a trip through the grocery and stop back at the drugstore. I got car unloaded and had lunch, then dd wanted to come over to hang out. So I just sent her on her way. I did fold a load of laundry while we talked and hung up the delicates from the washer.

Workmen are still downstairs, I just brought myself up to have some genealogy time. They said they'll only be here maybe another hour?

The saga of the patio may be over, but there is still more to finish out there. Outlets, painting, and he said the screens would be last. (Part will be screened, then we'll still have the grilling porch.) On the inside there's a small amount of flooring to do, tilework, trim and painting last. I'm afraid to even think about how much longer it could be. We do have (vaccinated) houseguests the end of April, I probably should let them know that.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:50 pm

Went to the biggest box store in the area to pick up dh's insulin. Parking lot was jammed full. No line up to get in. No screening at the door to get in. Nobody checking for membership cards. People everywhere. No arrows on the floor. People shopping in family groups... I got in and out as soon as I could. Then I went to a tiny grocery store. Lots of parking available, which is unusual. Arrows on floor which people followed. Line up to get out with 1 person ahead of me.

Dh made out "fine" at the blood work lab. He went to pick up short ribs for supper at a very small grocery store, which has 2 cashiers to get out. There was a line up to get in and he knew I wanted these short ribs, so he got into the line, which was "out to the street". You can barely turn a pickup truck around, so not a huge parking lot. I didn't ask if the line up was 4 people or 10. Sure it wasn't that long.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:55 pm

CI
I walked the dog. That helped my sinus ear issue.
I chatted a bit with a friend, my listening skills could use some work. :roll:
Am more regular not feeling as sluggish.
That helps.
Had lunch.
I have been working on my planning retreat this weekend got a bit side lined.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:07 pm

Oooh – thanks for that tip, LadyM! It’s wisteria that I was thinking of growing into the walnut tree, though, and it is listed as being tolerant, so that’s good to know. If I ever get new hydrangea plants, they would go in the front yard, and they would be beside holly bushes/shrubs. (Don’t know if that’s a good idea either, btw.)
I don’t know if I will ever get the wisteria started or not – but I do love the look of it. I don’t have any sort of gazebo or arbor, but it came to that it might grow into the tree in the backyard. IF I can ever get the stupid chain-link fence down, this tree would make a great shade for a sitting area.
OH – just saw your comment, Twins – if it is growing underneath a single tree in a pasture, nothing else close to it for at least 15 feet, I’d guess – what will it do? Doesn’t it need something to “climb”? Will the vine just spread out on the ground and take over the pasture itself? Hmmm…
And Harmony is warning me about this too… maybe not such a good idea… especially for someone who wants a NO-Maintenance lawn.
DH would definitely say Lucy + Anything Green in the Ground is not such a good idea! :lol:

So glad your fever is gone, LadyM, and that is a wonderful idea to hire your dd to do some cleaning!

Housework in general never ends, does it? That’s why it’s so frustrating – you KNOW if you do it, you just have to do it again… sigh…

BUT – I am not “frittering” away as much of my day as I did yesterday.
I made today sorta a pamper-me day, and before leaving the house I had
* colored my hair
* used a facial mask
* shaved my legs
* took old nail polish off
* done my Bible reading
* drank approx. 12 oz water

Then I went to town,
* met my dmom at the post office (after she called to report she was at the drug store & had Easter candy for dgrands and wanted to bring it to me)
* THEN had ddil meet us both there because SHE had called & was on her way to town…
Came home, read the paper, and
* TA DA * vacuumed the rugs in den, hallways, and dining room, plus computer room carpet. Stopped because dh was out of the shower and wanted to watch the Braves game.

(((Cathy))) – my dh is generally early to appointments also. But that is better than being late, which is my dmom’s problem (if I am not driving her and rushing; dh has trained me well.)

I would love to have an inexpensive, easy to use power washer! (Is that even possible?)

So glad Harriet’s dd is having a good day!

(((Blessed))) Sending lots of good wishes for full recovery and an end to pain!

I am leaving out comments to so many of you! :oops: It takes me FOREVER to read and respond when I come to our village! I hope you ALL have a great day!
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:46 pm

We finally finished with both schools. I washed DD9 hair and she took a bath.

I'm going to stay home from church because I'm not sure that I'm not contagious.

RR - I'm excited for you and the trip to see your DSon and family. I hope you enjoy every moment.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:05 pm

CI - I am still doing good.
Talked with my dsis for a while.
Dusted the top of a shelf in the creativity room.
Took today off for a self care day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:57 pm

Dh and I thoroughly enjoyed our short ribs that I BBQed. Dh also had asparagus. We had our orange while Wheel was on.

Tonight is binge watching Blue Bloods. I hope to be able to make it through 3 episodes.

I had more cardboard to burn today and that's done now.

For those who asked, our power washer is a heavy duty one and it has wheels so it can be pushed. Dh told me to be careful because it could possibly take the paint off of things. :shock:

Time for final Jeopardy. See you tomorrow.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:23 pm

Laundry progressed into storage of some winter clothing.

Then I realized that HRH needed some more summer clothing, so I made an ARiver order to try some. If he hates anything, I'll return it. Otherwise, I think I'm close enough to what he's wanted in the past to be confident.

Harmony, I'm sure I remember you asked me somewhere ... .. the portion of our church denomination that oversees and makes decisions for our church is about the geographic size of 2 states but doesn't go along state lines. The whole denomination is divided into, maybe, 6 to 8 of these governing bodies in the U.S.

I neglected to tell that our Easter was very meaningful, although we were "at" the church we attend virtually. It was an outdoor service. We also later "attended" the online service of another church close by, which had been recorded. They are still not meeting in-person at all.

Return to “Post When You Can”