Wednesday Git 'er Done PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Wednesday Git 'er Done PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:16 am

I'm using "Git 'er Done" today because I have workers here this a.m. that arrived shortly after 7!

Get on your own "Git 'er done" attitude today and git to it!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: Wednesday Git 'er Done PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:59 am

Good Morning!

I had a fever (99.7) when i went to bed but after a good night's sleep, I'm feeling good and am fever-free.

Today we are trying something new-to-us. DD44 does house cleaning so I've hired her to clean DH and DS12 bathrooms each Wednesday. I can stay up with keeping DD9 and my bathrooms clean but I'm not successful in keeping all 4 bathrooms cleaned on a weekly basis. So my choices are to continue to have dirty bathrooms or hire someone to do them. We will see how this goes.

Today is a busy day.
** Homeschool
** Charter school
** 9am DD44 here to clean
** 11am DH at Dermatologists appt
** Noon - Chicken & Noodles, garlic bread, green salad
** 6pm Eat with church family
** 7pm Church service
** 8pm DS12 to group exercise
** 8pm DH drive church van to deliver kids to their homes.

LucyLee - Be aware of planting hydrangeas near walnut trees might not be the best location. The walnut trees are fantastic trees but they don't play nice with some plants. There are lists available of plants that do well with walnut trees.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:03 am

I did get up to git er done by dawn but the trash and recyclable trucks were BOTH traveling even earlier (midnight? Sigh.) and my early morning work was for naught. Thankfully, I had gotten a good start yesterday so some did leave here. It's just disheartening to "know" what time to be ready and have it changed up by surprise.

I helped dd get out the door to a full day of trial work today, at the job that interests her most. She did this a half-day yesterday at a different potential job, too, so she's being a busy bee.

Next up, extra laundry, and then The Declutter That Never Ends. Remember when Shari Lewis used to be exhausted by her puppets singing, "The Song that Doesn't End"? that's me. "Go away! Go, far, far away!" lol

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:06 am

Ci my arm is grwat!
Bs a bit low ate
low temp.
Woke up normal time.
S2s x
First rx done.
Sipping coffee mix cappuccino flavor.

Have a great day!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:07 am

quick hello!!! as I have had pain every afternoon I thought I would get to work early and outdoors. wishing you all a wonderful day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:30 am

We had a lovely dinner out last night at a local restaurant that I had only been to once. We sat on their patio - actually, roped off sidewalk - but on a quiet street across from a hotel in a recently revitalized area. The hotel had been an office building and was turned into a nice hotel, and the streets around it fixed up with brick and stop signs to slow the traffic down and lots of overhead party lights spanning the streets. We were in the sun when we got there but it was lovely to be outside enjoying the sun and watching people go by.

The saga of the concrete patio goes on - the coat of sealant they put on yesterday afternoon also bubbled up. Two workers came back about 9 p.m. last night and put a coat of something else on it and it looks good now. Shinier than I expected, but acceptable. There are a few bugs and a piece of grass or two embedded into it but we are living with it.

After being asked if 7:30 a.m. was okay, two of these guys were here right after seven. After discussion as to whether they could go on the porch, they are out there putting in can lights. The other is roughing out a mantle. He would prefer to have the tile in first, but I dropped the ball on getting it ordered sooner.

I have "body work" at 10 this a.m. and need to get some groceries. I need to put together grocery list too!

Also meant to say to Lucylee that wisteria can be invasive in the south so be careful where you put it!

And now it's been 1.5 hrs....and I'm just getting back to this...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:37 am

Hi!

Dh and I both had a rough night's sleep. I think we went to bed far too early. (9 p.m.) Every time I woke up, I made myself go back to sleep.

Dh has to go for blood work today... let's see how that works out. The last time he went, he was too early for his appointment because he always gets to appointments early. He was told to go back outside and wait in his vehicle until it was time for his appointment. Because of his problem hearing some voices, he didn't hear everything the woman said, he reacted verbally and was told to leave and not come back that day. This appointment is at a different location, further away. I'm sure he'll get there too early. I have told him repeatedly that doctor's don't want people showing up early for appointments. Of course, he went to his cardiologist's appointment too early, but they took him in any way. When we had reservations for supper on March 20, we got there almost 30 minutes too early. Thankfully they let us in early because the restaurant only had 1 other customer inside at the time.

We also have someone coming to look at the cistern and I think it's today because dh forgot to write it down and I wasn't in the same room when he was talking to the guy on the phone and I didn't hear the whole conversation. Because the previous guy just never showed up, I don't want dh to run this guy off for whatever reason. We had someone come here to look at our overhead door last year and because that guy showed up half an hour late, dh told him in no uncertain terms to go away. The only problem being is dh uses those 2 words that start with F and O and end with ff. ("You are half an hour late and you didn't even call, so why don't you just...") One of our customers who dh respects told dh last week that he has to watch what he puts on FBook, because this guy's mom saw a very nasty post that dh wrote about someone and she said something to her son, which is why he said something to dh. Something about how he's a businessman, and if he wants business, he has to be careful about his online presence. Of course, dh grumbled to me about it. I agreed with the customer although I did tell dh that he should consider taking that nasty post down. He had already done it. As much as I am not here on this earth to change my dh, there are things I wish he would change without me having to be "the bad guy".
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:15 am

Good morning!

DH is going to have to get used to me not going back to sleep when he leaves -- I had to wait to take a shower this morning because he started the dishwasher. But it has been a long time since I was getting into the shower before 9 except if I had an early doctor's appointment. I have been seeing mixed results with the CPAP, but the trend is good.

I couldn't bear to go online and look in on the meeting about the gravel pit, but from email exchanges between those who did (dutifully copied to the rest of us), it sounds like it went well (at least as well as can be expected).

Task I'm dreading today: let woman who backed into my car know that there is internal damage to the door, and it will need to be replaced. The cosmetic damage is really very little, but if there's a safety issue.... I wish I'd insisted on getting insurance involved. I feel bad for these people. On the other hand, both the woman who hit me and her husband, whom she called to the scene, were driving very expensive cars, and they were the ones who did not want to get insurance involved. Plus, I suppose it's entirely possible that they could take her car to have the bumper looked at and find out that it needs to be replaced -- after all, bumpers these days aren't designed to withstand much force -- and given the cost of the car, I'd hate to see what replacing a bumper would cost.

Looks like you've got your day cut out for you, LadyM.

Nice that your dd has multiple prospects, Harriet!

Glad your arm is doing well, Nancy.

Hoping blessed has an afternoon without pain.

It sounds like the patio saga is finally coming to an end, Twins? Do you have a ballpark on when the entire project will be complete?

Here's hoping the appointments go smoothly, Cathy!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:23 am

Dh taught me how to use the power washer. Now he has sprayed both of our vehicles, the garage floor and then he shut the overhead door and he's cleaning that. He also took care of some weeds on the patio. LOL!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:13 pm

Glad for you, Cathy! I need a lesson and a reasonably-sized power washer! Is it heavy to carry/lift? My left upper arm protests at some things lately.

Feel better, LadyM, blessed, Ramblin', Sunny family.

an email report from dd22 on first day training at her favored potential workplace (she had blisters on feet from yesterday's work at another potential employer and I had sent some first-aid along):

"I absolutely love it here, feet are good, bandages helped. Feel like a real person."

That last part probably means finally being back at a workplace, on a team working in art again, contributing. Or maybe she senses she's being respected. Either way, really good.

Laundry has surprised me by taking up most of the morning. Time for some outdoor chores, then buckling down to organizing again.

Return to “Post When You Can”