Sunny PWYC Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Sunny PWYC Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:14 am

Whether skies are sunny or cloudy, our own Sunny is very much in our thoughts today! We are all praying for her and her family.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: Sunny PWYC Friday

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:30 am

Yes to ((((Sunny))) and sunny skies!

I was up before sunrise and ready to get started on my day. Hopefully, my energy level and stamina are coming back.

Today PODA -
** 8am kids eating breakfast with DD44
** Homeschool
** Charter School
** 11:00 DH to doctor for kidney stone.
** Noon - lunch with DGS23. We will be enrolling him in the next semester of university. I want to do it on my laptop since I'm putting in my credit card info.
** 5pm DS12 to group exercise. They have increased the variety of exercise. They are doing a combination of Insanity tapes, lifting weights at the gym, running at the local track, and playing basketball. After they work out for 2-3 hours then they get milkshakes and/or something to eat at a fast-food place. DS12 is frequently sore but seems to be enjoying the exercise now. He has stopped talking about quitting and is eager to go do it each evening.

26 SHE cards completed
361 steps
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:55 am

I slept a little later thinking workers were to be here at 8:30ish. Turns out the guy who came yesterday to look at the hardwood floor is not doing the work, but the early crew that was here on Wednesday was coming.

So much noise downstairs I gave dMuff meds (she will sleep all day when these hit her!) and fled upstairs myself. They are grinding off the remains of the tile adhesive so hardwood can be laid there. (This is the guy who said he wasn't confident doing it on Wednesday. :shock: ) So we shall see.

Dh is working at the office some this a.m. and going to Costco. We did a little inventory of the freezer in the garage. Today would be a good day to clean it because our freezer goods are low. He's getting chicken, pork chops and steak at Costco.

Going to do some genealogy playing while they're making so much noise downstairs! (Poor Muffin, she already had her walk.)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:01 am

(((Sunny)))

We had rain earlier this morning, then the sun came out.

Emptied dishwasher. Got dressed to shoes. Helped dh move a set of tires which involved me learning how to use the choke when the ATV hasn't been driven in a couple of days. I admit to stomping away from the ATV in a snit, but I went back to it and drove it some more after that. Told dh that I felt that whenever I try to start a machine in front of him, it won't start. If he's not watching me, whatever it is starts just fine. Then I stomped away again. We did discuss it though. I told him that the stomping away was because I was not having a good day. He already knew I wasn't having a happy day.

Twins' Mom I think I scare my dh when I clean out the chest freezer. I usually take a scraper and a hammer to gently knock the ice off the side walls. It just looks fierce. Then I toss the large chunks of ice out the door onto the driveway.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:04 am

Definitely sending up prayers for good health for Sunny and her gang.

As for the skies, they are quite sunny here. DH is so happy -- he is going to be helping to run a training course out at camp this weekend. Much better not to do it in the rain!

As usual, you've got your day cut out for you, LadyM!

Ugh, Twins, if he's not confident in himself, it's hard to have confidence in him. I hope it all goes smoothly -- literally, I suppose -- and you can get some genealogy done.

Here's hoping your day improves, Cathy!

Need to call my cell carrier. Got an e-mail saying there was trouble charging my account. I went in earlier and updated the card, so I have no idea what's up. :x

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:20 pm

Stopping to update SHE cards and see what's next.

Both kids are working on their school assignments. DH is at the doctor appointment. DGS23 should arrive at any moment.

In between other things this morning I transplanted 5 Florida 91 Tomato seedlings into the raised bed garden. I've never grown this variety of tomatoes so am looking forward to the new experience.

I need a menu plan for tomorrow. I thought we would eat in the big city when we went to pick up Aunt Linda from airport but we just found out DMIL had the dates wrong. Thankfully we discovered the blooper before making the 3 hour drive. soo......what's now the decision is needed for what is on the menu tomorrow. Hum....thinking I'm hungry for the smell of baking bread so that is on the menu. I have some pulled pork in the freezer that needs to be used, then add mixed vegetables to round it out. It isn't a perfect menu but it should satisfy my low expectations of being "Hot and Here". Updating the google calendar before I forget the menu...

44 SHE cards completed
1588 steps
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:32 pm

I am hoping to be with you all next week.
just saying hello!!!!

I saw the surgeon and got my all clear to drive.
I have to take it easy but life is getting back to normal a little at a time (lol what ever normal is lol)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:18 pm

Waving to everyone.
I slept in moving a bit on the slow side.
I have done top three things got some nuts & bolts I h ad sorted and were ready to be decluttered.
Took them upstairs and out loiaded in the rig. Been putting that off too long.
Worked on my gals planner.

Took a walk.
Cops were doing a welfare check on a dog at the place I had the two charge me the officer I talked to said hed did not see or hear the ones that I had problems with. And it was a gooid idea to have the walking stick.
Neighbor gave me two chairs to paint [for the garden].
Got the stuff I dead headed burnt yea did another bit after I cleaned up!

I got some of the small branches broken up and in the trash, I will need to do this again
After the next trash pick up maybe a couple more times.
S2s x

Just learned that Prince Philip Queen of England 's husband has died.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:15 pm

I saw the surgeon and got my all clear to drive.
I have to take it easy but life is getting back to normal a little at a time

Blessed - that is fantastic news!

School is done for the day and for the week. #WeeklyHappyMoment

I am in waiting mode. Before I made the 50+ mile drive to get DH meds I called the pharmacy to make sure they were ready to be picked up. At DH doctor appt this morning the doctor said he was calling in 2 prescriptions however the pharmacy only has one. So I have called the doctors office and the nurse will double-check to verify that both prescriptions have been called in. The doctor gave DH a shot at his appointment this morning to relax him. DH refuses to take pain pills but will take a shot. The doctor wants to see DH again tomorrow. #KidneyPains

95 SHE cards completed
4,095 steps
1. Know what you want.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:08 pm

Happy to read blessed's good news.

Busy day. Paid bills, drove to bank and post office. Was going to overnight a paper to Sunny but they want something like $29 to do it and will only save a day. Sheesh! It was a page of tips from a nurse on how to fight Covid at home. Maybe I will type it over in our Health thread and then she will have it in the meantime.

I've cleaned out the refrigerator. A lot of food in there to divide up and put in the freezer. Cut up an extra rotisserie chicken and put that in the freezer. Did a lot of outside work.

I need a shower, I have a LOL to fold up and I need to change my sheets. Phew, I'd like to stop now but more to do so here I go.

Ok, I got that page of tips typed into our health thread.

Return to “Post When You Can”