Our work is the good that we can bring into the world. Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Our work is the good that we can bring into the world. Saturday

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:19 am

what are you bringing into your day that will make you smile... "create a life that you don't need to escape from" Joshua Becker.

I wish
a wonderful day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Re: Our work is the good that we can bring into the world. Saturday

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:33 am

Hi!!

Dh is in the garage doing a seasonal tire change over and an oil change.

I just took a load out of the dryer and started a load in the washer which includes towels and facecloths.

I really need to deal with what's in the sink in the kitchen. There is 1 pot, but assorted other things underneath.

I am trying my best to stay home today. With the stay at home order being province wide along with the state of emergency, how badly do I need to go get anything?

As far as I know, we are going to pick up some hamburgers at suppertime. Lots of posts on FBook about shopping local and supporting small businesses, not big box stores.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:53 am

create a life that you don't need to escape from

Excellent!

I ended up making the drive to pick up DH prescriptions late yesterday. I was somewhat shocked to see about half the people in Sam's Club without a mask. That has been the only place I go that requires a mask and now even it has lifted the mask requirement.

I went to bed so achy, tired & feeling exhausted but after 9+ hours of sleep I woke up feeling fully rested & ready to get started on the day.

PODA -
** 11am both kids to guitar lessons
** Lunch - Pulled pork, Fresh bread (machine), mixed vegetables
** 5pm DH to doctor appointment for Kidney followup
** 5pm DS12 to group exercise

One of DS12 friends broke both of his wrists this week. He came off the trampoline and landed on the wrists. Both of his arms are in hard cast from fingers to above the elbows. He has a one pound weight limit of what he can pick up. DS12 is spending extra time with this friend because he is greatly limited on what he can do. Instead of riding bikes and fishing together, they are walking around town to get his friend out of the house and some fresh air.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:10 am

Oh my LM hope those wrists heal well of dsons friend.

I feel better today yea!
Journal & planning done.
Found the drop cloth happy about that.
Now I can focus on painting indoors. Some done 90% of it waiting for it to dry before the next part
Three sides done.
It is windy and I am glad I did the outside things yesterday before the wind.

Glad it did not get as cold as was predicted. 48* was the temp. low when I got up.

Got my amz. River order under garmets fit, corner rounder had no English on the package but I figured it out!
Walked the dog 22 mph gkad I have a gulky I walk in it us not quite as bad there.
Had dinner.
I seem tired but it is at the end of the day now.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:10 pm, edited 8 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:29 am

Remember when our neighbor slipped coming out of the shower & broke both her wrists. Remember her being in dire straits for a long time. Hope you DS's friend heals quickly -at least youth is on his side.

DD and dsonil have gone to Cocoa Beach for the weekend. I slept fairly fitfully all night. Made myself get up around 7 to let DBiscuit out. Not used to being timed by a pet. :D

Worked on here for a while and then went to my recliner -that was 2 HOURS AGO! :o Feeling pretty tired and a little achy today. But if that's the worst I get in side effects, I am very happy. Next question is just how often are we going to need a booster. Know this isn't over by a long shot.

Cathy, I didn't realize (until just now) that Ontario is in another lock down. Went to look it up.

I need to go look at the house temp -I'm cold! Well, it says it's 77 in the hallway & my temp was 96.7. However, I'm cold so I've turned on the heat just long enough to take off any chill in here. (the hallway is always warmer than the rest of the house -bad spot for the thermostat we all think).

I'm actually having some Mt. D ew to see if that helps perk me up a little. I really want to go to the grocery store this afternoon if I feel like venturing out. I'll see.

Been checking pricing on several items I have to order (both for here and for dh up north) on W almart, A river & S am's. Think I'll work on that a little longer.

Want to get a start on cleaning out the laundry room (as much as we can) so want to get a bit of a start on that sometime today. They're replacing the floor in there too. It will be a good chance to get rid of a lot of just plain clutter and several things that never are used! DD wasn't going to replace that floor until dsonil said, "You're replacing the laundry room floor too, right?" He who could care less if any of this is done. He's already started complaining about the 'inconvenience' of the cupboards being emptied. He has no idea how 'inconvenient' it would be if we didn't have all this portable shelving. Everything would be in stacked boxes. We're really able to be quite organized about all the emptying of cupboards and drawers. We'll use our office as our 'dining room' once construction starts. He thinks we're starting emptying, etc way too early -said something yesterday about it being a month off -uh, no, it's supposed to start in another week or so. And, we don't want it all to do at the last minute -then it WOULD be disorganized big time.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:59 am

Stopping to update SHE cards and decide what is next.

TADA -
** I washed DD9 hair and she took a bath
** I've completed 40 SHE cards and collected 3 rewards
** Bread machine is going. 1 hour 24 minutes left
** DH insisted that he felt good enough to take DKids to guitar lesson so that is in progress. They should be back in about 2 hours.
** I've harvested a double handful of onion tops and will chop them up to be in the freezer. I love adding the finely chopped green onions pieces to many of the dishes I cook.

Next up -
** Hard boil some eggs to have on hand and also to use in Macroni salad
** Make a double batch of macaroni salad. I'll take a big bowl to the potluck meal tomorrow and also keep some here because DH loves it.
** chop green onion tops and put them in the freezer.
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:01 pm

fast healing to your dear sons friend!!!!

hello
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:20 pm

Hello. I love that quote today. What a good thing to think about as we tidy up our homes. I don't want to feel uncomfortable here. Clutter makes me uncomfortable.

I am really tired today, as I thought I might be after yesterday. I got everything done last evening that I wanted but boy I was dragging. DH was out at his latest job this morning and I was to drive him to the country job so he could do a couple things and bring back his big truck. But the owner called and he is up on those roofs working so we've decided to go up tomorrow after church. DH is stretched out sleeping because he is tired too. He already worked hard this morning.

I haven't been able to do much of anything. I unloaded dishwasher, tidied up my bedroom, and I have all the sheets and blanket from my bed washing. Just the thought of hanging that stuff up was too much this morning so I waited till now to do it.

I have blisters on a couple fingers from all the raking. And I wore garden gloves all day too.

Talked with DGS on the phone and texting with DD's about family news. DGS graduates in 2 weeks from college and other DGS will be moving into a 4-plex apartment with friends for lower rent. Older DGS will be moving to his own apartment in the town where his fiance goes to school. For young adults their ages, they are moving right along with plans for their lives. I know I wasn't nearly so organized at their ages!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:23 pm

I'm in a genealogy webinar today that goes all day. Started at 9:30 and broke for lunch at 1 p.m. We've had two 10 minute breaks. It ends at 5:30!

These are totally top notch speakers.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:44 pm

Lunch was a success with multiple compliments received.

The dish for tomorrow's potluck is ready. This will be our first potluck in about 6 months. I believe we stopped having potlucks in Nov 2020 when the c19 virus started rising here. We have had many church meals together over the past 6 months but everything was prepared by and served in a more sterile way than dishes prepared by multiple hands & in multiple kitchens.

The weather is absolutely perfect (IMHO). I get tired of the constant wind so having a calm day is always welcomed.

47 SHE cards completed.
2,387 steps
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”