Our work is the good that we can bring into the world. Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Our work is the good that we can bring into the world. Saturday

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:53 pm

Dh and I have been working outside ALL day.

The ditches are raked. Those leaves are near the fire pit, and some of them are no longer with us. Dh tilled where the strawberry garden used to be. I told him he had to move it this year because I was sick of having to get on my knees to pick strawberries. Now most of them have been transplanted to 2 different garden boxes. Various other things were done, including our neighbour trimming the hedge between our 2 houses. It's his hedge, and we hate it.

I had a turkey breast sandwich on rye with mayo. Dh had 2 double cheeseburgers he BBQed from the freezer. Cats have been fed.

Dishes are still being ignored. I'm sore and tired. Maybe later tonight or in the morning. It's calling for rain here tonight and tomorrow.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:02 pm

Good evening!

I don't know what good I've been to the world. Been puttering all day. Haven't got anything major done, but I did a load of DH's dress shirts (the bane of my existence), got the letter written to the woman who hit my car (but not in time to mail), and came up with a bunch of questions for DD and her roomies to ask tomorrow when they tour the place they think they might live next school year. Harmony, I don't know if the 4-plex your DGS is moving into is set up the same as this place, but this place has four separate bedrooms, each with its own bath, and then a common living room and kitchen. The leases are written up for the individual bedroom. Definitely aimed at college students/young adults.

I ignored my dishes last night, Cathy, so I'm trying to give them at least a lick and a promise today. At least I've rinsed out the wok from last night and have it soaking. It's a start.

Oh, how awful about DS12's friend, LadyM! As Dee said, at least youth is on his side.

Are you painting walls or furniture, Nancy? What colors?

Did you get to the grocery store, Dee?

Waving hello back to blessed -- glad to hear you've got some freedom back.

Glad you're having a good webinar, Twins!

It's just about time for the ball game to start, so I'm going to turn on the radio. I miss being able to watch the games on TV, but I don't want to pay for 50 channels I won't watch just for the privilege of watching the ball game. I have no idea what dinner will be. DH is away, and I don't feel like cooking. OTOH, I don't feel like pizza, Chinese, or subs, either, and anything else means going further afield than I really want to go. Have a good night, all! Good morning to Lynlee if she peeks in.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:41 pm

Amazing day of class! I forgot how much just sitting and listening wears one out, tho. I took some barbeque out to thaw for our supper tonight.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:57 pm

Think I brought 'good' into at least dd's world today. Off and on I puttered at the laundry room and cleaned it out/up. She's going to be mighty pleased when she sees it. I even face timed dh and walked around showing him all we/I have done. Of course dsonil thinks none of it should be done -at least not yet. But we're not waiting until the last moment to pack everything up -helter/skelter. If he thinks THIS is INCONVENIENT -that would be a whole lot more. And it's all arranged on these beautiful sets of shelving so everything is accessible & it will be so easy to put away when the kitchen is done.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:01 pm

Computer problems here -- a t & t technician coming Monday -- they say they detect a line problem. Just wanted y'all to know I was okay otherwise.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:22 pm

I'm not sure what is the "good" that I bring into the world, but I know dh would say I do contribute a lot to him & our family, and that does mean a lot to me.

Today, dgs has been here with us since around 1:30 pm -- ddil and dgd went with ddil's parents to look at modular homes. They are just about decided it will be more economical and more convenient to put a modular home next door to ds/ddil than to find something in their price range AND the location they need. And I suppose it will be best, and although dh and I both have some thoughts on the matter, it's really none of our business.

DGS has been out playing basketball by himself (and with me, LOL) for most of the evening.
The baseball "Fun Day" that was scheduled for today was re-scheduled and played last night. We lost both games, but dgs played hard and did well, actually got to score one run, and threw a ball in from center field, so he was excited. :lol: :lol: :lol: ---> He was not quite as obviously excited as the boy who turned a cartwheel coming off the field. This age IS fun to watch. ROFLOL. DH said, "What would that kid have done if we had WON?" :lol:

I'm so glad those games were over and done with last night though; I've just been TIRED all day. Actually took a couple of naps. Once after breakfast and once after supper. Talked to dmom on phone. Talked to ddil on phone.

Getting that 2nd covid shot tomorrow... sigh... I'll be glad when that's over... I guess.

(((HUGS))) for LadyM's ds' friend.
Also thinking of Sunny and family -- hope everyone feels lots better soon!
(((Blessed))) too! Hope you're back to full speed before you know it! A friend (mother-in-law of dgs' coach) was in a boot last night at the ballgame. Said she broke her ankle doing something at her mom's. She said, "I guess if you go 57 years without breaking a bone, that's pretty good."

Of course dsonil thinks none of it should be done -at least not yet.

Story of my life, Dee. Good for you and your dd on all the work y'all have done!

Mystery, dh has been watching ballgames all day -- listening to college baseball on phone app while watching college softball on tv, and now he has the Braves on tv.

Clutter makes me uncomfortable.
Me too, Harmony. Sigh. Wish it made Some Other People I Know a bit more uncomfortable, because it sure does make ME uncomfortable to visit. Maybe maybe maybe some things will change when some schedules change.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:29 pm

Dee and Cathy, it was the stay-at-home news that I was talking about the other morning thinking about Cathy. I didn't know, btw, that it was province-wide.

Today was a real failure of errands. All I wanted to do was pick up prescriptions and then food from the Taco Bell that had "sold" me by advertising extra safe food pick-up. (They are good to have veggie options, too.) I'd called ahead about the prescription, but when I arrived it had been put back on the shelf. What? I did tell the person at the window that I had just spoken with a man there who assured me it was ready and even read me the price. But whatever. I have to go back tomorrow, maybe.

Then I was turned away at TB because a young man was stopping everyone from approaching the speaker phone and taking orders, so that you had to look at a piece of paper smaller than typing paper in his hands to order. Not very encouraging about less contact. There was no line, so something was technically wrong. Sigh. I thought it was okay because I knew my order but he says they've stopped selling any type of wrap (like crunchwraps, which are especially good with beans, I think), a decision made last week. Something about having to pare down menu because of staffing, so wraps are gone. Sigh. I tried for a bit to understand his explanations of other items I couldn't see for myself. Ugh. Gave up. Went through the Har dees thinking I'd just get a beyond burger - no, they've stopped selling them in March, although the sausage is still there. Gave up.

I guess in our area drive-through food places have been having a hard time while I haven't known as much about them. Also maybe whole menus are pared down for chains. Who knows.

I'd been getting a lot of organizing done at home and I'd have been better off to just stay there. Long time away for nothing to show.

Return to “Post When You Can”