A day of rest Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: A day of rest Sunday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:55 pm

I'm piddling about the house, doing some little clean up tasks and such. I was going to clean on Friday, then the workers showed up with the noise and I had to bail out. By the time they were done, it was afternoon and I wasn't starting then.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:58 pm

We opted for Plan B. Once we got home from church, we decided to eat at home instead of returning to church. I quickly put together a meal using some frozen ham slices (Easter), macaroni salad and mixed vegetables.

I've claimed 3 rewards this morning from completing SHE cards. I've watered the garden, then harvested Kale, green onion tops and pak choi. I immediately processed the harvest by washing, chopping and put it into the freezer.

I paused tracking my food and am now having a hard time getting started again. Over and over it has been proven that I need that accountability! The thought of starting seems to be daunting to me. If I can just get myself to do it for a couple of days then I think I will be okay.

50 SHE cards completed
3143 steps
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:19 pm

I am waaay off track in all things re: routines and habits. But — hope springs eternal and I did start today on a little better footing.

Just got home from 2nd Covid shot. We will see how it goes...
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:50 pm

My body is sore from yesterday, but the energizer rabbit must still have some juice inside somewhere. Dh and I finally cleared the 2 top shelves in the garden shed. Lots of old curtain rods that we didn't bring here. I have put some in the scrap trailer and the nice ones will be donated. We even have a fire going again today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:59 pm

I've placed two online orders for DBro. He is a high-maintenance male and has always been catered to by the women in his life. DMom insisted on doing it for the first 60+ years of his life but she is gone now. His marriage is ending so his wife is no longer doing things for him. He is living with a daughter now and I'm sure she is picking up some of the slack. DBro is scrapping the bottom of the barrel with coming to me. :roll:

It pleases me to watch DD9 slowly gain confidence and doing new things. Today DD9 used a can opener all by herself. She was always too hesitant to try it until yesterday. I showed her how to do it yesterday and today she did it with no help. #LifeSkills
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:17 pm

Lynlee's paper cowboy artist and his horse were featured on the Today Show. Lynlee, you could be a tv producer - you know what people want to hear about!

I remember I used to have fear of a can opener, LadyM! I couldn't see how something so powerful it could cut metal might not hurt me! Good for her.

I got up early and went to put more mail on the church backdoor doorknob. 3 pieces of mail, one a package, still came to my house even this week. 2 were regular bills (water and gas) for which no one has changed billing address yet, and which I have to transport or re-mail every month.

But one was the minutes and directory, a 750-page book printed every year by the denomination. In complete error (maybe because they couldn't get our church officers to respond? ) and for the first time ever, they gave no address for our ancient-in-the-same-location church, printed my name and address as the church address ( well, they give my first name as "H." which is silly because I'm still listed as the treasurer a couple lines below as "Harriet" so they're not fooling anyone into believing they're referring to a man.)

This could portend a LOT of work for me for a year and longer, as I start getting more and more mail that isn't mine, plus have people physically coming to the house :shock: thinking it's the church meeting place now. Many will see this and wonder if we have lost our historic property and sanctuary, one of the oldest, in a denomination that reveres history but really is having churches falter and fail. HRH has not stopped making jokes. Most recent, "secret agent 'H', replaces agent 'J' on 'Men In Black'."

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:50 pm

Good evening!

I had a pretty relaxing day today. Watched church on TV, then watched the Puppy Bowl -- I signed us up for Disc. + so the girls could watch it at the time, but I didn't watch it that day. I keep meaning to, and the other day, I figured I'd better, so I can cancel the service for now. Although DC then discovered they have Coyote Peterson on there and watched two or three episodes, so I may have to keep it a bit longer. If it's being watched, $5/month is no biggie, but if it's not, it's just a waste.

Had the usual 2:30 Zoom with DH's family. During that, I got frequent texts from DD, very excited about the apartment tour, and a phone call from my DB -- we are going to see Mom at 2:00 tomorrow (or attempt to, anyway).

I tried to print something out, but the printer was out of ink, so DH and I went to the office supply store. On our way there, we saw traffic on the other side of the highway was stopped -- apparently a car had gone over the embankment. We couldn't see it, but we could see a fire engine, ODOT truck, crane, and flatbed truck along with a few others, so DH put two and two together. We could also see the backup over a mile in the other direction, so we decided to return home by a different route. That took us past the liquor store, and DH was out of Canadian, so we went in.

Not long after we got home, it was time for dinner -- this week, sesame chicken and potstickers. I feel stupid now; since DH had gotten the Canadian, we could have had old-fashioneds with our Chinese, as was his grandparents' tradition. Ah, well, there's always next week -- I think we'll still have oranges and maraschino cherries in the house! Then settled in for a little more TV, alternating with some puttering. I don't have any hope of meeting yesterday's step count. On the one hand, I feel a little ashamed of how little I did today; on the other hand, it is a day of rest.

Poor DH. While the rain held off for their work outside at camp, he still got soaked. At one point, they had him go across the big zip line they installed that goes out across the small lake in camp. The trainee working the braking system at the end applied the brake a little too hard -- and DH came to a dead stop several yards away from the landing platform, out over the lake. The only way to bring him in was to send someone out with a rope and pull them both in -- but the combined weight of the two of them had DH more than waist-deep in the water. That was yesterday. His shoes were still soaked today. Fortunately, he's a good Scout and brought backup everything with him.

Perhaps you could start your own denomination, Harriet? ;) Oy, I can't imagine how much difficulty it might be to have your address listed as the church's address.

Pity Cathy can't send some of that spice cake through the ether....
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:08 pm

Yes, I can't imagine the volume of mail Harriet will get. Will there be a new printing or is this something done only once a year? A year of this....

Makes me think of all the junk mail we get which is easily tossed. I've gotten all but a couple of the trade magazines stopped by just faxing the subscription renew page back with the word retired in big letters. We never subscribed for these things in the first place. They were helpful in reading about new regulations, but I'm not really interested in reading them any more...and DH never bothered. He just stacked them up. They are free magazines, paid solely by the advertisers and of course the more people they can document as receiving it the more money they get per ad.

Twins, thank you for the link to the color chart. It's interesting. I don't see the Oklahoma state as problem-free on that chart as LadyM says, but maybe I'm misreading it. My state of course is still in the RED zone. I can't seem to find the old website I used to look at every day to view the states' progress.

DH went to early church. I was still tired this morning and didn't go. 2 days to recover, that's too long. Where did my stamina go? When he got back I went out to his country job with him. He had a little bit of work out there to do and had to load all his stuff into the big truck to bring it back home. I helped with that. The owner's wife took me all around her 10 acres in her 4-wheeler and showed me their property, which is out in the boonies, and all undeveloped scrubby land with a lot of brush and trees, and a creek. Those big huge deck porches they built with DH are beautiful and almost double the size of their home. These are really nice people.

So I was there to follow him home as he drove that big old truck back here. And I helped unload all the stuff he put in my car. It's a/c has gone kapput again so something else is making it blow that fuse. Darn. Just as we get into hotter weather.

And speaking of weather, we had a bunch of wind and rain last evening and then all afternoon and still this evening it's raining. Wow, this is great! But it could stop for a couple days now so DH can pour his cement. Then it can rain again.

Return to “Post When You Can”