A day of rest Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

A day of rest Sunday

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:00 am

A day of rest is needed on occasion, no matter how much of a workaholic you might be.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: A day of rest Sunday

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:05 am

I was shocked when, earlier this week, dh told me not to take any appointments for Sunday.

So, today dh is "resting" even though he was up earlier than me. He really wants to go to the grocery store and bakery. I told him there were three bags of bread in the freezer I could take out. "But we still need bread." No, we don't. "We need to go get something for supper." No, we don't. I gave him the option of chicken or pork chops. He didn't respond to either, so I am going to take out pork chops.

He is also going to a friend's place to pick up a strapping machine to fix the garden boxes that have begun to fall apart. It's an hour's drive each way and it's pouring rain here today. I'm staying home.

I finally did those dishes this morning.

Now I can sit and stitch or read for the rest of the day. I worked just as hard as dh yesterday, so I could take the day off as well.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:33 am

I am fighting a bit of a cold today, spicy guac helps.
Journaling done a rainbow of colors and dot grid might be my next bujo.
Planning not so much.
Used my corner rounder got rounded pages done on a new journal.
The top of the dresser I did last night looks great! :mrgreen:
I have a plan for one meal.
Today's temps. 28* 54* sunny. 8-) bird bath had ice in it today.
I did 30 min. On the stat bike.

My creativity room is pretty scary now after unloading that dresser and moving it out to the center of the room to paint it.
I got the dresser painted all but the mirror with the next coat.
Got the mirror painted.
Got the dresser destressed after a bit of touch up.
Walked the dog around the loop, and around the block later.
I was tired the walk helped. Might be from pollen in my yard Ore. Grape.

Feeling better by the evening.
Working on my dailies did the dishes and the washer twins are busy doing their thing.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:35 am

I told my dh last night I wanted to sleep until I woke up this morning. Then I proceeded to stay up way way too late piddling around with family trees on FamilySearch.

Dh's work at the school playground near here was cancelled yesterday because of the rain. His Rotary club meets across the street from it and the club is adding to the playground and mulching. There was some other work scheduled there for today that he didn't put on the calendar, so I didn't realize until last night that he was going over there this morning. He is the incoming president whenever they change over, I think in June.

Ds is having trouble with his washer or dryer, can't remember which, so he is doing some laundry here today. He also wants to do his tax return and I have graciously allowed him to use to my computer to do so. I will stand by for consultation. :shock: Hopefully I won't get too impatient with the process.

My energy is actually decent right now, although I'm looking at a dusty, messy, piled up house. I know what you guys mean about clutter making you uneasy. My house is such a mess right now and I'm dreading (and looking forward) to putting it to rights.

Need to figure out our supper - hopefully easy!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:02 pm

Good Morning!

I am home for 45 minutes and then will return to church for potluck meal.

Today's PODA -
** 8am DS12 leaves to go hiking with church group
** 8:30am early church service with DH and DD9
** 9:30am small group (aka Sunday School)
** Noon - whole church potluck and dedication of youth building

While I have some down time i looked for the weekly report of our state c19 status. I continually question whether we are doing the right thing in returning to normal activities. I wonder if we are being reckless. From the beginning, I have tracked the data and let it guide my decisions. This is the weekly c19 information released last night - From March 30-April 5, we ranked 50th out of all 50 states plus D.C. The only state that fared better than us was Arkansas. Okay....our c19 numbers continue to drop so I'm taking a deep breath and grabbing a handful of courage. I'm going to continue returning to normal life.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:29 pm

Numbers have dropped here LadyM, although not low enough. I let that color scale from this article guide me. It's published on one of the local websites that track cases as an independent check on the Health dept numbers. We are still, stubbornly, in the orange area of 10-24 new cases per 100,000 people, although we are trending to the lower side (about 14 maybe?) now. But, I suspect a lot are not being reported because testing has dropped. And, otoh, I am twice vaccinated + two weeks, so the odds are if I get sick it won't be serious. (The chart is in this article: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... in-the-u-s )

I know parents here who are worried about their teens. When vaccinations are extended to 12 and up, at least your ds can get the vaccination. I think that will be pretty soon. Your dd doesn't seem to get out as much and partake of social activities as much as your ds.

My dd has had both, albeit the second just a day or two ago. Ds has had his first. They are twenty-eight so eligible here.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:57 pm

Clean dishes from dishwasher are all away. 1 load from dryer has been put away. Second load from dryer is ready to be put away. All of the dry socks and underthings have been put away. There is a load going in the washing machine. I have had a dark brown sheet on top of the dryer for a very long time. It's to keep the top of the dryer from getting scratches. There is a large discoloured part from someone (dh or possibly his last ex wife), and it doesn't go with any of our other sheets or blankets... I think it needs to be washed, so I will do that today.

I mopped the middle of the kitchen floor and the part of the living room where dh always seems to leave a trail of coffee drips. It's all dry now and I'm not feeling the sticky parts that I felt earlier today.

Hmmm... I don't seem to be getting too much rest today.

Supper will be pork chops in a mushroom gravy. I also took out the package of English muffins that were in the freezer and brought in the last of the navel oranges that were in the fridge in the garage.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:24 pm

HI D twins, d Cathy, d lady, d Nancy (feel better)

happy day of rest to all of you.

today I am working on garden planning. I wrote the landscape company for things I can't do that needs finishing. I just can't do it.

dw emptied and now washing again. soaking utensils. I have gotten out of the habit of cleaning up after dinner (which means I eat too much).
cold dreary day here and I have decided not to work outside in the garden. I have to get back to the real world again before the weeds take over.

first: go through the books downstairs - dd younger will never use them and I keep on keeping them. I was going to hire an organizer but I can make thee decisions.

;have a great day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:01 pm

When dh got home I asked him if he wanted me to make a loaf of bread in the bread maker. Of course he said yes. While I was at it, I made a spice cake mix from a box because I wanted spice cake.

It has also been determined that dh thinks I should come outside and join him for a bit. I told him I would as soon as the cake comes out of the oven.

We are having scalloped potatoes tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:22 pm

yum d Cathy!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”