Good Morning Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
MysteryWoman

Re: Good Morning Monday PWYC

Postby MysteryWoman » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:11 pm

Hello!

Been puttering thus far today; I'm a bit less than halfway to my steps goal. Although I'm visiting my Mom this afternoon (for the first time in months!) -- I"ll leave shortly after finishing this post -- so I'll put on a fair number of steps there.

Got wash going, washed my CPAP stuff, and cleaned up the kitchen some. Folded the big batch of beach club flyers for the beginning of the season -- one goes to every house on the street to let them know they're eligible, what it includes, how much it costs, etc. When the neighborhoods around here were established (back in the 20s, for the most part), a selling point was that most of the developments included a small club, open only to residents, along the lake to provide lake access. They're called beach clubs, although some have more beach than others. Ours has next to none, and erosion is attacking what little we have. Some friends we have belong to a club that has a great deal of beach (I'm sure they've trucked in sand at some point) and a lot of area in general -- but the lots in that development are tiny. I guess the idea was that you had the beach club to play at, so you didn't need a backyard.

Will stop at the post office after visiting Mom to mail the letter to the lady who hit me. I'm going to send it registered mail. There goes my alarm -- time to go! Have a good one, folks!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:14 pm

When I declutter, even for a little bit, I get overwhelmed. I did it for one hour and even though it doesn't make the house better/cleaner; I went through the items under the stairs.

waving at d lady
at d. Cathy
d twins
d sunny
d Nancy
d Lyn
d twins
d mystery

d everyone!!! hello

I am going to go outside after donation place
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:22 pm

It seems all the stores are packed here all the time. With the multiple stimulus checks plus the $300 a week extra unemployment, there seems to be an abundance of money to be spent. The car lots are sold out and are mostly empty. I've been told it is because many have bought new cars during the pandemic and the number of new cars being built has slowed down. I have heard several business owners state they can not get anyone to work. The Walmart in our nearest city has announced they will only have self-checkout lines. I've heard that it pays more to be on unemployment than to have a job. The business owners said they are looking forward to June when the $300 a week extra unemployment payments stop because they hope people will be willing to work then.

Lunch is mostly cleaned up and the dishwasher is running.

Mystery - I hope you have a good visit with your DMom after being kept apart for so long. (((hugs)))

Blessed - BWTG on the declutter effort! Do you have items you are removing from your home?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:38 pm

LM The used car lot here that we deal with put out a post on fb that they were desperate and buying cars.

Had a great visit in person with dd this morning when she dropped off food for dgd to have after school.
She wanted to know what I meant when I said "estate stuff" I told her about the list of things in my planner to
work on next, like for the next year that did not get done because of cv.

I have been working on the d's I still need to dust.
Not enough dishes yet but they are in the sink in the dishpan.
Sinks are clean!
Swish and swipe in the bathrooms and vacuum liv. room done!
Most of bwp is done.
I am now feeling successful. Yea!
Got the top of the dresser destreassed sp? so next I can to the touch up.

Made a call to have some junk mail stop coming.
Yea our county did not have to roll back a phase but big collage town where dgd goes did.
Some junk in spam folder in email got tossed.
So happy that it is automatically put in there in yahoo not sure if others do it or not.

Took dgd to gymnastics cl ass.
Did my exercise on stat bike.
Had dinner & did dishes.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:30 pm

I'm taking a much needed break. I assigned outside jobs to each of the DKids. DS12 pushed a gas powered mower in the backyard. DD9 pulled a wheelbarrow and filled it with sticks that she picked up from the yard. I pushed another lawnmower in the front yard until both of the batteries needed to be recharged.

I have acid reflux for the second time in a week. Yug. That's what happens when I eat too many processed carbs. The spaghetti pasta and my body are not friends. The other time it happened is when I ate a piece of homemade bread.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:52 pm

My name is lucy and I'm a bookaholic.
I really need to get a handle on this. Currently, there are 24 -- TWENTY-FOUR books stacked beside &/or on my nightstand. Plus 8 in my library app holds. This is just a little bit ridiculous, I'd say.
Some of the 24 are "reference" books, devotionals, housekeeping hints, The Happiness File... some I've read and want to re-read... some I am currently reading... some I want to read soon.

I'm waiting on the AT&T man -- and of course, the internet is fine at this moment --

~~~~~
Typed this ^^^ before noon and it is now after 7:00 pm. When we left for dgs' ballgame we still did not have internet, but it is back now, so MAYBE they fixed whatever the problem was.
Ballgame was a mixed bag -- dgs struck out twice, but had some foul balls, so he wasn't just swinging wildly, you know... and we won, 10-0, so he was pleased with the outcome.
Some drama which I will take to J&C...
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:31 pm

Only 24 books? I would say that was just fine. :D

I've been reading a lot lately. Right now I am reading 4 Blind Mice by James Patterson. It is part of the Alex Cross series.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:07 pm

Cathy, the 24 at the bedside are just a tiny fraction of the total number in the house, you understand. I’d be afraid to undertake a count of how many we actually have. But books are like friends, aren’t they? You can’t just let them go... for example, Christy, there in the nightstand. (By Catherine Marshall.) My mom introduced us when I was a preteen and we’ve been friends ever since... I couldn’t abandon her at a thrift store! :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:32 am

I have a whole library on a kindle just under 200 books on it. I got this at an estate sale.
Sort of scared to start reading em for fear I will not get anything done.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:02 am

Wow, Nancy! I know I’d be useless with that much in my hands. Real books are not quite as convenient as e-books, I’ve learned — although I still love “real” books.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”