Good Morning Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Good Morning Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:58 am

Good morning to the village! I hope you're having a beautiful spring (or fall, for Lynlee) morning as a prelude to a great day and week.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Good Morning Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:09 am

It's a gorgeous morning and I'm torn between a trip to Lowes and getting out tomatoes and herbs and genealogy! I hope I can manage enough of both to make me happy today.

I'm liking that I did some clean up yesterday. Kitchen counters needed a big clean up and I did some limited dusting. I have the mattress pad spinning in the washer already and sheets waiting their turn.

Don't know what's in store for the day and week, construction-wise. I'd like to make a pedicure and hair cut appt this week, and I have a library morning and then Friday night, an art festival "preview party." It's in an outside pavilion so not exactly open air but we will mask. Looking forward to the chance to see beautiful things!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:16 am

Good Morning!

Twins - Thanks for the start.

Today DS12 and I start doing things a little differently in homeschool. When things start to fail then we make a change in how we do them. Small changes can make a big difference. We are setting a schedule to work on Math & ELA together. If things go like in the past, it will give him a kickstart and then after a few times, he will want independence more than my help. It's a balancing act.

Last night DD9 started SCREAMING and ran out of her bedroom. Everyone stopped what they were doing and ran to help with what sounded like a HUGE emergency. Apparently, we have a June Bug in the house and it landed on her shoulder. We all searched but never did find the bug. DD9 choose to sleep on the couch last night.

Today's PODA -
** Homeschool
** Charter school
** 5pm DS12 to group exercise

Spaghetti & meat sauce are on today's menu.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:18 am

smart woman d lady: we should all learn that for ourselves!
When things start to fail then we make a change in how we do them. Small changes can make a big difference.

hello d twins and d lady - a fine good morning to you! I have physical therapy soon but wanted to say hi - so Hello! to all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:20 am

Thanks for the opening Twins.
Funnily - spring is when some trees loose their leaves to make way for spring blossom, then leaves grow in a good season to make a great show of the flowers.
Autumn is the season.

Harriet - Glad you enjoyed the cowboy piece. In most part - he was entertaining his mourning DM who he'd had to leave after his father's funeral. Our Local radio talked to him too, so he had been much in demand. I feel for him.
Thank you for your support. Its a thing in scarce supply.

A bus person I recognised , she spoke to me and I asked about the new to her walker. Well - I haven't been busing away from my neighbourhood much lately - So her broken hip was 7 months ago.
She was an encouraging support to me as we talked of how we were. I remember her as out each time I was down that way, so often or probably daily.
(buses have room for 2 wheelchairs, or walkers, or prams, or shopping cart in my case.)

yoga today
Today was another go at the kitchen .
It has a way to go.

Commiserations to LM's DD9. Flying Crawlies that land on you in the dark are a real surprise.
Hi blessed
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:58 am

CI wout cuop.
I am okay. Bs is accaptable.
Time for bfast. X
Journaling & planning. X
Gotta clean dgd is coming after school. Great mojo.
Vaccum lr. X
Spiff table some done.
Three rooms got some attn.
Got Dressed.
Decluttered 3 items.
Dd was here for a bit we just had a great visit.
Cuop x
Waving to everyone.
Having fb issues skipping that taking a tech. Break for a bit, like till ten to to clean.
I am okay with whatever I have had symptoms wise hase been very mild.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:51 am

Good morning! I was awake by 8 a.m. but didn't get up until an hour later and came downstairs at 9:30. The sun was shining earlier, but the sky is overcast now. There is a medium chance of showers/t-storms later today. Temp is 63* now, almost our forecast high for the day.

At the moment I am at the dining room table, ddil and her dmom are in the living room and dson is on his work computer in the den. I am probably going to go back upstairs again after lunchtime. I wasn't hungry for breakfast, but know I do have to eat something. Dson went to Publix yesterday for sub sandwiches for us and also brought a supply of gator aide, so I'm trying to stay hydrated. It's not easy for me; I once told my doctor that I didn't like the taste of water and I still don't.

Dgrson19 made it home ok from his reserve weekend. He said he learned a few new things and is also studying to get his license to drive LARGE vehicles.

My sleep score was 81 last night with almost 7 hours of sleep time. I have been trying to keep it over 80 (good).

Thank you Twins, for the link to the C-19 charts. It is easy to follow the numbers.

Ddil's dmom made a grilled ham and cheese sandwich and shared half with me. Time to get something to drink!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:31 pm

Wow, I'll know not to go to Lowes on a sunny day in April again! It was crazy. I worry about their parking lot, because they close off parking lot areas for mulch and soil and all kinds of bulk items, and there's always a lot of trucks pulling trailers behind them going through to. I found a basil plant that wasn't too beaten up, they were nearly out altogether. I got a Cinnamon basil also and another tomato plant and some garden soil to add to the raised beds.

I really want to work on genealogy now, so I'm having lunch and heading upstairs. Will put these in the ground this evening.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:44 pm

Hi!

Spent too much time on the phone this morning dealing with getting my internet bill explained. As in, how did we go through more than twice as much date that we go through in 2 months in less than 2 weeks. We usually use around 70 GB in 4 weeks, now we have used over 140 GB in 2 weeks. :shock: We have done absolutely nothing different than in any month we have lived here. We ended up changing to unlimited usage for $10/month less and I also got a reduction on what we owe them.

Dh and I went and got cat food at a local farm supply place for the dry food. We need to go to refill our large water bottles for the tank in the kitchen at some point today.

We are having leftovers for supper tonight.

It's been raining/overcast here today. Not much wind and a lot cooler than it has been.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:49 pm

Lunch break here.

Homeschool & charter school are both finished for the day! I did have to dole out some discipline to DS12 to get his attention. He received the discipline in the spirit it was given and responded well to it. After that, we sat side-by-side for over 2 hours while doing school together and he was focused, respectful, and involved. I had DD9 school work set up and prep'd before I started working with DS12 so she was able to work without help from me.

Lunch turned out well. I cooked a 16 oz package of spaghetti noodles, a pound of hamburger meat, and ragu sauce. I also prepared garlic bread, a big green salad with lettuce, bell peppers, slivered carrots, and cherry tomato. Dessert was sliced kiwi drizzled with chocolate syrup & topped with spray whip. Usually, we have leftovers, but not today. They ate every bite of it all!

next up - update SHE cards and see what is next.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”