Happy Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Happy Tuesday PWYC

Postby Harmony » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:47 pm

Harriet, any time we have moved, we have put in a post card, filled out at the post office, about a change of address. Just like if you'd moved from your house and now live at the church! Course that only works if they put your name AND the church name on the envelope. Otherwise YOUR personal mail will get delivered to the church. When I had postal gals not paying attention, I put a printed note in big letters taped to the inside of my mailbox door in both places. Clearly stated the NEW address. Well that wouldn't work for the church but in YOUR mailbox it would stop them from dropping church mail. We got a lot of mail automatically redirected by the post office with their own yellow address sticker on the envelope. We were told a change of address notification works for 1 year.

One year we had a PO Box in a town a 30 min drive from us. We had that redirected to our house but after a year it expired and we closed the PO Box. Anyway, I'd go to the PO and they can fix it for one year. By that time there should be a new printing hopefully.

DH is out having his version of fun. He went to our church to help an old friend, a plumber, dig a ditch around a leaking pipe. I suspect things went wonky with that as he called here looking for the utility dept. phone number. The leak was in a main supply pipe into one of our buildings. Hopefully it was just to have them shut it off. I'd hate to think he shut down the water supply to all the houses surrounding this church!

I've prepped and marinated some little pork steaks for dinner. Good plan, there will be leftovers for tomorrow which will be busy for me with my trip out and an early dinner so DH can go to Youth Group.

I'm off to do something fun, I'm looking at quilt blocks now.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:25 pm

We finished both schools by noon. WhoooHOO! Today went smoother than yesterday and DS12 was thrilled with his effort and success.

I didn't have a plan for lunch but it worked out. DH goes to check on his DMom every day. Today she asked DH to get her a few things at the grocery store. Since DH was going to the store, I asked that he picked up some fried chicken from the deli for us. Lunch was fried chicken, mac salad, and green salad.

We all went to Sams to get DH prescriptions and about a dozen things on the Buy This list. DS12 strength is improving and he loves to use it. We got several heavy things today = three 55lb bags of dog food, a 40 lb bag of cat food and a 44 lb cat litter, two cases of drinks that weigh about 40lbs each plus misc other things. DS12 loaded and unloaded those heavy items as if they were nothing. DH is still stronger than DS12 but I suspect that won't be true for long.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:07 pm

I learned a valuable lesson today. If you don't want to have to wash a dirty pot so you can cook something in it for supper, clean it before you start cooking. I had to wash 3 of the 4 pots to make supper tonight. UGH!!

LadyM I love reading about how ds12 and dd9 are learning and growing up.

As a matter of fact, I love reading about everyone's daily adventures.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:29 pm

I cleaned ash out of the firepit.
Dgd is here we have cookies in the oven done now & taste great.
Got the sheets back on the bed.
Walked dog around the block w dgd.

Return to “Post When You Can”