Happy Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Happy Tuesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:24 am

“Happy Tuesday! You got to admit, at least it sounds better than happy Monday.” – Unknown

Have a happy day!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: Happy Tuesday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:58 am

Good Morning!

Typical Tuesday here.
** Trash day (DH took the trash to the road already)
** Homeschool
** Charter School
** Microsoft Patch Tuesday (monthly updates)

Thinking out loud.....
I wonder if RR is home yet?
I wonder if Elizabeth has used her camper, started any new projects, and switched jobs.
I wonder if Cats little ones aren't so little anymore.
I wonder if Bookie Mom is doing okay and what changes her library is having.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:59 am

I'm going to walk with dfriend M this a.m. at the nature park with trails and roads. It's warm enough that she's switched to mornings. Will be good to get in some steps and talk, and I'll have the afternoon for genealogy and such. Dh will be out this p.m. so I'm not cooking dinner, and then I have the accountability group online at 7 p.m. tonight.

I also just signed up for a virtual tour of the Tennessee State Library and Archives this afternoon at 2 and emailed them re: appments for research. I would need a full day - it's two hours away with a time change, so takes one hr to get there and three to get home, lol.

I am going to wash up this a.m., and shower this afternoon I hope.

All good questions, LadyM! I wonder how Helia is doing, too. She drops in now and then still.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:22 am

Hi!

I've been wondering where those ladies were.

I just got out of bed. I was up and down a few times during the night.

No idea what is for supper.

Dh has a customer here right now who is really into gardening. She calls plants by their Latin names and knows which garden center has what plants on sale and almost always brings dh cuttings of stuff and tells him where to plant the stuff. Quite honestly I hide when she comes over because she just never stops talking from the split second she gets out of her car until she leaves... usually 2 or 3 hours later. Now that dh is working from home, he schedules her and then leaves a 2 or 3 hour gap between her and the next customer. He likes her, appreciates her knowledge and then after she leaves, tells me that he didn't hear most of what she said because she constantly walks around and turns her back on him when she is talking or walks around behind him. He can't hear most people when they do either of those things. I've told him that I have no interest in anything she's talking about because I get lost after the second or third sentence, all of which are rapid fire. We don't know when she stops to take a breath. One of our customers says that this ladies mother was exactly the same and when she used to come into this ladies store, she would go into the back when she saw her car come into the parking lot and let other employees deal with her.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:19 am

I was up in the nite with a low bs. Took care of it went back to bed.
S2s x
Trash is at the curb.
Groc. List is made out.
Journaling & planning done.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:48 am

Happy Tuesday!!!

hope your bs gets back to normal d Nancy!

Hi d Cathy (the same thing happened to me last night - I was up and down all night.
hi d Nancy
hi d twins enjoy your walk! love the idea of a virtual tour
hi d lady I think of everyone too. Sending good thoughts to you and everyone here and everywhere
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:50 am

I have soup in the crock pot for tonight. glad it's done.
I wish I had a parmesan rind to toss in there.

the furnace people came here to check our a/c - done for spring/summer. praying it works This summer :D !

hoping to work outside

ta ta for now.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:02 am

Good morning! Up, breakfasted, got the upstairs stuff done (bed made, CPAP cleaned, etc.), but that's it. Got sucked into the Internet. Today's agenda includes taking DC to class and to the doctor. It's a 2:30 doctor's appointment and it's literally across the street from the college, so they will have almost 45 minutes to hang out in the cafeteria and talk after class. I will definitely drop them off and come home in between.

Need to get laundry going, as always. Want to make some progress on taxes. I realize we've got a month's extension this year, but DH has done absolutely nothing other than put tax documents on a pile, and it's making me nervous.

And as long as we're talking blasts from the past here, other than those who've already been mentioned, I'd be curious to hear from Atlantic Flyer, bittersweet, and Debmaster X. City Lady, too, if she ever made it over to this board.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:16 pm

I wonder about Lilac too. And Sadie. How about LurkyLou who used to come here. We get an awful lot of "guests' looking in, I hope the ones who have gone away know they are thought about.

Yesterday was one of those Mondays that was too busy and I wasn't a happy camper. I had to ride in DH's dump truck which is stuffed with tools from his big job and not emptied out or sorted yet. Our a/c in the car quit working again and I had to shuttle him back and forth when we took the car in. It turned out to be that fuse again. He changed it to a little bigger one and showed DH where to change it if it happens again, and the # of the slot to put it. He gave us a spare so I put it in the envelope with explanation of where it goes. If it keeps happening, we'll have to change the compressor. Expensive repair.

Last evening and this morning I did a big pupa around here. Amazing what a difference that makes, even if no cleaning is done along the way.

2 LOL done and either hanging up or dried and put away. Some paperwork done. I have a plan for tomorrow. Shopping list is getting longer. I think our library is open, it's about time I had a book or two to read. Need a few things for my garden too. We've had a day and a half of nice rain so things are greener but since we have gutters all around the house, foundation plants still need watered unless the rain blows in on them.

Lunch time!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:45 pm

Back from a store run got groc. Food is unloaded and put away.
Picked up Rx.
It is windy so kept errands to a minimum, other stuff can wait.
Sheets are in the wash.
I have a plan for dinner.

Waving to everyone!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”