Happy Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Happy Tuesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:53 pm

I have 9K steps now, almost 4 miles. We walked about an hour. It's a lovely area, both roads and trails for walking and biking and horseback riding, although each activity has separate trails, and the horse trail is in another area altogether. The county is also using one loop for vaccinations, and closes the park those days. I also walked the dog this morning, once around the circle here.

Construction guy says our windows aren't in yet so we're on hold inside apparently. A guy just showed up to measure for our screens for the screened porch, tho.

Dh is out this evening at the local playground spreading mulch, since the were rained out on Saturday. I don't have to cook dinner. We have left over pork chops from last night too.

I ate some cheese and crackers for lunch and I'm going to head upstairs...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:57 pm

"Garden lady" has come and gone. I did poke my head out the back door and said hi.

I went and did banking at both banks. I also did some grocery shopping.

We are having home made Indian food tonight, with the help of a bottle of butter chicken sauce, a box of Basmati rice and a box of Chana Masala (chick pea curry) and a box of Mutter Paneer (green peas in sauce with pieces of some sort of Indian cheese mixed in.).

I absolutely love that the Rolling Stones and Alice Cooper have been busy recording songs during the pandemic. Ghost Town by the Stones is awesome. There is a song by Dave Grohl and Mick Jagger that comes out today. I've heard the teaser and it sounds great.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:15 pm

We're disappointed here that our area has moved back into "red" from "orange" level of virus concern. We are not "maroon", but bad enough. "At risk" for the hospitals, so I feel sorry for all those workers.

I had posted in the outdoor spaces forum yesterday and have the last few chores to do today that I'd put there.

Dd and I are back from pickup of groceries and from P.O.

Tomorrow is trash but not recycling day. Definitely have trash prep work I can do.

About our address mistakenly being put as the church address in the denomination's annual directory, no I'm sure there's no help for reprinting until next year. There would be thousands of large books, all already gone out in all directions. Dd41 and I have brainstormed this a little to try to keep from forever being responsible for mail. She wonders if we should invest in a "return to sender" stamp. I feel bad about that because it sort of penalizes all the other churches, ministers, missionaries, etc. who are sending their mailings in the future. But it is the only free thing - you can't just write another physical address on a piece of mail and expect the post office to deliver twice on the same stamp.

Neither of us can figure out any smart thing to do about in-person confusion of people trying to find the church, and just hope it doesn't come to that. She says most people use their phones if they really don't know an area, and even though the address would steer them here by mistake, if they put in the church name they should see the discrepancy before they are delayed.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:44 pm

Just wanted to say hello. Things are much the same around here. People are still coughing and resting, but I think feeling a little better with that "sick feeling" easing a bit. It is the energy level that will take a long time to recover. My stamina doesn't last long, but I've been trying to get up from my chair and move around a little bit every hour or so.

It's nice to see the sunshine today after yesterday's cloudiness. Temperature is up to 63* and a couple of windows are opened. (I'm still wearing my sweatshirt jacket!)

I've heard talk here this morning about taxes and W-2 forms, etc. Dson said even though there is extra time to file he did his taxes already. Dgrson19 was looking for his papers to do his, though. And he's making arrangements with his company to return to his job at Lowe's. He had a leave of absence, but I think he has to have a Covid test before he can start again.

Speaking of money --- I checked my bank account one day last week and discovered the stimulus check had been added to my account. I don't have it earmarked for anything special, will just hold on to it.

I had also been thinking of those mentioned here who haven't posted in a long while. Hoping all is well with them.

Harriet, I don't have any ideas about your mailings from church activity, unless you call the denomination to inform them of the correct church address. And regarding the utility bills that have your address listed, can you contact the new treasurer and have him contact the utility companies to change the billing address?

Guess it's time to eat something for lunch...
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:58 pm

Harriet if it were me I would talk to the post office and see if they had any suggestions.
Had to deal with stuff still coming to h.'s name over a year the hospital this is like the 4th call to them on mailers.
I must admit I was a bit snippy. At least these tow were taken care of withe the same call and had them put my name on it.
Dd wanted to know what estate stuff was this is a part of it.

I have sheets in the dryer.
Taking it easy now.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:21 pm

I KNOW that I would be a much happier woman if I could only get enough energy or something to just go and do the dishes. I really don't want to, but I know that I am the only one that will do them and dh never says anything because he used to just do dishes every third day whenever he was single.

I did just sit outside under the pergola and I sorted out which plant containers I wanted to save, so I could release some from my house/garden shed to someone that could use them. I will be keeping all of the clay pots and one really nice ceramic container. I told dh that I would be bring some chives inside for the winter this year.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:26 pm

Harriet does the US post office have change of address kits? Go and talk to them and tell them you need to deal with this church thing. ALSO get in touch with someone from the church and tell them. Keep bugging various people at the church who are involved with this and eventually they might bring it up at a church meeting and fix the issue. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" kind of thing.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:37 pm

Nancy, that's a thought. I could just show the mistaken page to PO and ask what could be done. I certainly don't want my own mail getting redirected in reverse. I hope postal carriers could see the difference ... .. hmmm... ..

Sunny and Cathy, I started an email chain with the elders right away and have myself written several paragraphs in two emails. The main thrust was that the denomination needs to be contacted and told. I've only gotten half-sentences back, so like Sunny says, I may need to take matters into my own hands and make a call to the main denominational offices myself. I don't know until I hear if anyone else has done it. It's not really "my place" but theirs, so very easy to step on toes but then, it is going to be my inconvenience.

Actually, I think I'll call an elder personally, ask if they've met about this, discussed this, doing a single thing about this. It's obviously worrying me a lot.
Well, I left a message. We'll see.

Sunny, it's so good to hear that ya'll are doing better!!! (softly spoken woo hoo)

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:03 pm

Harriet, if people at your church are not responding to your calls, then I wouldn't worry about stepping on toes.
Contacting the post office is a good first step.
My other thought would be somewhat time-consuming but maybe effective --
Draft a sort of form letter/email explaining the situation, and every time you receive church mail, contact those people immediately. Perhaps your dd is right also -- maybe the explanation letter could include your notice that their mail is being RETURNED TO SENDER and ask them to re-send to the proper email.
Is their anyway to do a mass email to the denomination and ask that it be forwarded to all individual churches?

Y'all... I'm just in a really sad mood here.
J&C issues.
DH lets stress get to him and it affects him physically. I think it is mostly in his head, but I was really afraid he might have a heart attack last night.

BUT -- I am plodding along...
* dh has had a haircut
* started a load of laundry
* paid two bills, checked online account for another recurring charge, handled a third via phone
* helped dh order football tickets
* another ballgame tonight
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:22 pm

I had a good conversation with one elder. He's going to call the denominational offices and see what can be done, if anything, and at least let them know the mistakes they need to correct for their own use. He says he believes they do everything by computer-directory themselves, so should be able to make the corrections in-office, and at least stop the sending of their own mailings incorrectly. He's a talker (a good thing), so he may end up with an explanation of how this situation happened in the first place (he is also not ruling out his own board's error, and in fact suspects it somewhat).

Return to “Post When You Can”