Anti Procrastination WEDNESDAY PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Anti Procrastination WEDNESDAY PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:15 am

Is Wednesday anti-procrastination day? Elizabeth's challenge was quite successful, particularly early on when we could pick off some of the easier ones. What has reared it's ugly head lately as the "task most likely to be put off to a later date?"

And Cathy suggests we also "check the corners" for procrastination tasks, she's been busy inspiring us already over here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7094

Where ever you play along with your anti procrastination efforts today, we want to hear the great reports!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Anti Procrastination WEDNESDAY PWYC

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:56 am

Hi!

As usual, I really, really need to do the dishes before supper time.

No idea what is for supper.

It was really foggy here earlier. Now the sky is blue and it might warm up.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:01 am

hi d twins and d Cathy and dearest all.

hello hello - I have to start work - dog has been up since 4 am. :D :? :lol:

I could sit and plan all day - so I better do the real stuff than the imaginary wonderful stuff in my head. lol
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:03 am

I took inspiration from LadyM and installed the Windows update before I found my laptop rebooted overnight. Not anti procrastination, but proactive.

I need to get groceries today, and need to get the garden soil I bought for my raised beds out of my car before I can get groceries. And I need to get the basil and tomato plants into the ground. I so wish I had another raised garden bed, but dh is not in favor. I don't need permission, but would like him to be on board with it. So I'm limited, I'm pushing it with Zinnias, two tomatoes and two basils in two of these: https://www.gardeners.com/buy/modular-r ... 5637185732

I "should" start some work on the garage. All the furniture, etc. from the back patio was moved there, and I know I can do some purging and consolidation. Even 15 minutes for a few days would make a huge difference.

I had 12K steps yesterday. Walking with dfriend M takes 2 hrs - about 40 min travel time both ways, and an hour or so of walking. We don't walk fast and do take frequent breaks, thanks to R uby's propensity for sniffing about.

I need to get in shower and then walk my ddog.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:44 am

Good morning! Just a quick pop in here over breakfast -- I have to get to the dentist in just over half an hour. For me, the anti-procrastination task has to be the taxes. The more I look at them, the more daunting they look. We had an accountant do them last year, because after we sold our DM's house, my DB wanted us to use his accountant to make sure the proceeds were handled the same way on both our taxes. I don't know why; I hardly think the IRS was going to take the time to compare our forms, but we humored him. I think we'll have to go back to the accountant next year now that we have investments -- just looking at the 1099s makes my eyes cross. I think I'm going to need the whole extra month.

I'll have to go out at some point, too, and pick up prescriptions for DC after yesterday's doctor's visit. I hope they're not too expensive. This doctor has a tendency to prescribe the newest, most expensive stuff. She suggested this crazy expensive cream for DC's acne that's really just a combination of two things we can get over the counter -- so DC has to use two creams instead of one. I'd much rather pay $30 for two big tubes than $50 for one tiny one.

Finished breakfast; need to give my teeth a quick brush before heading off to the dentist. I might be back later, but we know the chances of that are slim. Have a great day, all!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:45 am

Good Morning!

Twins - your link to garden site won't work for me. Anything to do with gardening has my attention. LOL

This morning I found a post that I started last night but never submitted.-
I just cut DS12 mullet off! He asked me to do it last night but I told him to wait for 24 hours to make sure that is what he wanted. He was still absolutely sure that he wanted it off tonight so scissor snd hair clippers got it done. It was about 5" of hair cut off. Just between you and me....if he decides to have long hair again I hope he picks a different hair style. Mullets aren't my favorite style.

It's a typical Wednesday here. Same-oh-Same-oh with lots of timed appointments
** 9am DD44 here to clean DH and DS12 bathrooms. The kids and I will be cleaning the house during this hour too.
** 10am Math with DS12. DD9 will be sitting at a different table doing her school assignments.
** 11am ELA, Science and Social Studies with DS12. Ditto on DD9 doing her school
** Lunch = Macaroni and cheese, Italian sausage, green salad
** Finish the rest of the school
** 6pm meal with the church family
** 7pm church service
** 8pm DH drive church van delivering about a dozen kids to their homes.
** 8pm DS12 to group exercise.

27 SHE cards completed.
My day is off to a smooth start
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:08 am

CI - I am okay. Waving to every one.
Planning done I wrote down my Anti P. Tasks.
Journaling done.
My sleep was inturrupted but I am doing ok this morning.

Cleaned a shelf, spiffed the kit. counters.
Got dressed after talking with my dsis.
Got the dresser back in place and stuff I sorted to go back in it.
Dusted under the bed.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:42 am

Several anti procrastination tasks done:
-scheduled hair appt for Friday
-picked up dog poop in yard, I'm supposed to do it on Saturday and it was raining, so here we are.
-two tomato plants in ground, "cages" on both

OTOH, I've put off emptying those bags of soil out of the car. Once I fluffed the soil of the first raised bed, I realized I won't need much.

So next:
-Bags of soil out of car
-add to first bed
-off to grocery.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:09 pm

Ironing day here.
Pick up dgrands at school — DH said he will DH o that.
Eating at home tonight, philly cheese.

See y’all later — if I survive Mt Ironmore ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:21 pm

Dh and I went to a couple of garden centers. Nobody has marigolds yet. Dh wants to put them in the raised garden beds because the cats have been using them for the past few months. I told him to put chicken wire over them as well, but he doesn't want to.

I decided to vacuum the library today. That involved moving a lot of small things out of there. Like the TV tray that I have some x stitch stuff on. I had also been using the ironing board to hold pictures and photo albums. Moving the ironing board meant having to clear it off, so,... since it was clear, I pressed the front pocket flaps down on 5 shirts for dh. He likes them to be unbuttoned, but flat. So, I pulled out the iron and pressed. Now the iron is cooling down on the stove. I still haven't gotten the actual vacuuming yet, but corners are being rediscovered as I clear stuff out.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”