put away??? - finish the process imperfectly??? Thursday pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: put away??? - finish the process imperfectly??? Thursday pwyc

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:17 pm

Hi everyone. Today is the day I have to get ready to head out for camping at noon tomorrow. It is complicated by the fact that my hot water heater has a leak and I will have to drain it before heading out. Right now, I am on indefinite hold to get a replacement. It is under warranty for the heater itself, but installation will be $1096 + tax Monday. Oh joy. It only leaks when water is turned on to it, but I should not count on that to remain true and will drain it.

My plan: At 4:30 pm, turn on water heater, shower at 5:00, then turn off and drain. Once that is done, put hose back into camper for use this weekend. I have already done my exercise program at lunch so I don't have to get that done tonight. It would also effect shower timing. If water is turned of to the water heater, the dishwasher will not run. Sounds like a good time to eat out. (Do I have time?) I am mostly packed for tomorrow, I have gasoline. I will hook up and park on the street tonight and put the sway bars and equalizers on. (Can't do the equalizers in my unlevel yard). Tomorrow, I should be able to simply load up the food and go. If I leave at noon, I should get there by a little after 4:00 assuming one stop for gas. I will make my lunch tonight so I can grab it and eat on the road. Perhaps I should have taken the whole day off. Probably too late now. I also have to write up instructions for DD19 to care for the 2 cats and 3 kittens. They have met, but will be separated while unsupervised. Joe runs from them, Charlotte hisses. And the checkbook, gotta do the checkbook.

Travel is always a little stressful and complicated for me. Practice should fix it.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:33 pm

Here's some ordinary and therefore good news. DangerBoy has been having mystery chest pains and cardiologist (yes, they sent him to one) did an echocardiogram and determined by actually viewing it himself, that there is inflammation at the insertions to the ribs (like muscular insertions to all bones). So, he has diagnosed regular old-fashioned growing pains. It's just that it's his chest that's growing. I've never heard of this - only calves/shins for me and knees for ds and dd22. Dr. expects he will go up a size in shirts soon, and expects this to continue, from what he sees.

Elizabeth, I hope you have a happy time and worries are few.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:02 pm

Have we had an in-Canada update for Mr. I. C. lately?
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”