put away??? - finish the process imperfectly??? Thursday pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: put away??? - finish the process imperfectly??? Thursday pwyc

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:44 am

TA DA!! The dishes are all done!! I have a happy, shiny kitchen again.

I even made the bed, emptied all of the garbage cans around the house, which is better to do after the garbage "men" have come and gone, just in case there is something important in those garbage cans.

Dh is being sent for another Covid test by his doctor regarding their phone call yesterday where dh told him he had "a LOT of phlem". Dh was also told to try allergy pills. He said he had the weirdest dreams last night and he had a hard time finding the bathroom in the middle of the night. So, I'm sure he won't use those again.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:47 pm

Waving...

My trip was grand..so happy I could hug my son and his family.

At the moment I am sitting at the cvs mini clinic cause my sinus infection has returned.. ugh

My ears and throat hurt and I have swollen glands from the drainage. Sweetie woke me up several nights cause I was coughing.

This sat for a while...

Back home and I have another nasty sinus infection. No surprise and explains why I’m feeling so bad.

Stronger antibiotics for 10 days instead of 7.

Right now I’m gonna drink my second cup of coffee cause my throat is sore and then I’m going to rest.

Be back later...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:56 pm

WTG, Cathy. About supper time dishes: I tend to clean up as much as possible as I cook. And I usually clear the sink and drain before I start cooking. I use foil on pans when I can (not very ecologically sound, but saves on clean up) and wash or load the dishwasher while I'm cooking. Dh and I can usually finish kitchen clean up in 5 minutes, although I do leave pans that need scrubbing until the morning in a lot of cases. Clean up at that point is dishes etc. to dishwasher, wash up pots pans salad bowl, etc. (I serve from the stove top) and clear the counters a bit. I don't always even wipe them down in the evening if it hasn't been messy prep. :oops:

I've been to the library this a.m. Still rethinking case study. Nothing I saw today leads me to believe I might be able to solve a different theory I've toyed with.

So far, no one here to work. Project mgr texted me that they had to finish up somewhere else first. So hoping to get windows all in and trimmed out and start sprinting to finish...

RR, are you taking something like Singular which is a preventative med? I used to get sinus infections every time I had a cold before I started taking it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:58 pm

quick hello

I went to physical therapy which was good.
right now eating lunch and then play with dog - can't wait until I can really walk her again.
then heading to garden center - I am looking for a white dogwood tree.

hi d harriet

hi d rose - so happy you were able to hug your sweet family again!!!!
hope you feel better soon!

yay d Cathy on your work! sorry your dh had those nightmares

hi d Nancy - yay on paperwork

hi d harriet its so nice that people are taking care by wearing masks. I love the :house work done imperfectly is still doing housework
I hear you about the cabinets!!! welcome to my home!

hi d harmony and d twins and anyone else I am missing.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:46 pm

Hello everybody. I was up early for dr. appointment. First in-person doctor appointment since this pandemic started. I had a couple telephone ones and 1 computer/camera one. Finally one in person where I could get my BP taken and thank goodness it was ok.

That funeral we went to, well his wife (widow) called and said they were doing the ashes and wanted us to be there. She arranged a big boat going out in the harbor to sprinkle. This fellow had a big boat for a while so evidently loved the water. I put it on the calendar. We had a nice discussion about her life now. The man was 84 and had no illnesses or diseases, he just caught the virus and couldn't get better. They had given him all the new medicines and the plasma but he didn't make it.

On the way home I stopped at garden center again and got a plant, fertilizer, and garden soil. The soil went in the planter out front, it didn't have enough dirt in it. The plant went in back of the house. Those 2 bushes back there I've been watering are blooming now, and look better. I fertilized all the bushes and vegetables. Supposed to do that every 2 weeks. It's hot here this afternoon, I was glad to get back into the a/c.

Forcing myself to stay away from my books which have been calling me. I picked up the one by my favorite author and read some last evening and made myself quit and go to bed. How easy it is getting back into the habit. I really missed reading.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:54 pm

Twins...

The PA and I both believe the return of this infection was caused by not getting it cleared up the first time. Because of COVID I was unable to get to see anyone right away and so I had the infection for awhile before I saw someone the first time.

Usually I get a sinus infection once a year and a dose of antibiotics takes care of it. And as we all know, this year has been a weird one :D

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:33 pm

Lunch break.

We are about 90% done with school for the day. The kids will finish up their remaining assignments after lunch.

Our weather has turned cool and wet. It looks dreary outside. We have another 48 hours of this before we can enjoy the bright sunshine again.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:41 pm

I have had lunch.
I am considering if I should rake the back yard instead of taking a walk,
My knee has been a bit sore off and on. I processed the mail.
Being consistent on changing addressee name and getting h off lists is starting to pay off, getting less
Of that now.

Seeds had not started to fall from the maple tree, my alergies could be from that.
I have written an e mail to send later.

I had lunch.
Feeling better today.
Had more water it helped.

Sunny and nice here today with a bit of a breeze.

Did dishes and they are put away now.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:44 pm

I called the pharmacy to see if my prescription was ready. Was told it would be $139 ... I don’t think so!!!

Contacted the mini clinic hotline to explain the situation and asked that the PA prescribe a cheaper drug. Was told that wasn’t a problem and a new drug would be sent to my pharmacy. The guy was very nice and said I would receive a call explaining what my new drug would be and when it would be ready. Phew!!!

Like Twins, I clean and wash as I cook. And I always do my dishes right after dinner. It made. Huge difference for me once I started doing that. The other night when I wasn’t feeling good I left my dinner stuff out to do in the morning. Haven’t done that in years and when I got up the next morning was glad I didn’t do that anymore.

When my son was still living with me, it was his job to load the dinner dishes into the dishwasher after dinner. When I was visiting him over the weekend, he was still doing it :D

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:57 pm

Dh put a fire on. We want to use up the wood that we have in the house. Dh wants to take out the wood box we have used since we moved in here and replace it with another one that is out in the garage because he needs a bit more floor space out there.

Pizza and wings have been ordered and should be arriving around 5 p.m.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”