Fri-Yay PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Fri-Yay PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:04 am

Come celebrate, it's Friday! Sometimes that doesn't mean so much when we're not heading out of the house (or upstairs!) for a job, but we do enjoy our weekends anyway. What are you looking forward to this weekend?

We're more than halfway through April too, where do you need to focus your efforts next week? Next month?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Fri-Yay PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:10 am

DMuffin is not feeling well and I've already made an appt at the vet. They had a 9 a.m. cancellation, thankfully. I also have a hair appt, I think at noon. I forgot :oops: to write down the time, so I need to call and check and they don't open until 9.

So I'm trying to finish up a.m. routine, need to have breakfast and be ready in less than 45 min to load the dog up.

We have workers here today chatting, cutting and nailing. Hopeful we'll be through this soon. I got really down last night because they didn't make it at all yesterday. Contractor was here doing some troubleshooting of the wiring. But I had cleared out breakfast area and took all the family photos off the walls so they wouldn't be bumped off. They were arranged on our bed so I could get them back in order so I took photos of the arrangement on the bed and had to stack them with newspaper between. I'm hoping I don't scratch up the frames. (I really should have taken a photo before I took them down.) :roll:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:39 am

Hi!

We had such a rough night last night even without the medical issue. Seems dh thinks I am smothering him because I'm always around. We are under a state of emergency lockdown. We aren't supposed to go anywhere other than our homes unless absolutely necessary. We don't have a huge house where I could go hang out in the basement or something. We have a teeny, tiny, house. Where does he want me to go? Sheesh... The night ended in tears, hugs and cuddles.

Supper tonight is supposed to be "greasy cheeseburgers" at some place where we will have to drive through or wait in a line to pick up to take out. No arches will be involved, but maybe a crown will be. ;)

No dishes to do. Nothing needs tidying, cleaning or dusting... just because I did a lot of that over the past couple of days. Other than this room.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:18 am

I have my list made out.
Up at 5
It is good to see the sun. Great weather this weekend.
Journal & planning done.
I have some bookwork to pay attn. To. :roll: done took like three min. no more wondering on balance! LOL!
Bs was good. My ear is better yea!

Exercise in a bit after I take Rx before meal, eat done to here ; and take my other Rx long acting one in a bit.
Not insulin 1 of 4 done.If I am on a check it well day I need to check my blood sugar when I get up before meals and 2 hours after meals and before bed. Type one regimine.
Qt x

Did one 10 min. Round of branch decluttering.
Placed amz. order see other thread anti p. For info.
Put out some seed. X
S2s mow in a bit.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:07 am

Just rearranged the stuff on top of the dryer and now it looks tidier. More tidy?

There are some blankets on the top of the dresser that should get put away. BUT the f word is in the forecast. (Flurries) It is much colder this week than it was last week. We might have another fire in the fireplace this spring after all. We thought last night would be the last one for the season.

I need to empty the vacuum before I use it in here. For the past few months I have tried very hard to keep the floor space in here clear. Dh prefers clear floors. For me, it's not as easy as it should be. I am getting better. He likes to be able to walk in and walk right up to the shelf without having to watch where he's going.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:19 am

Morning...

I finally got my prescription. It was after 7pm last night. Still had a rough night, but feel a bit better this morning.

I did my laundry yesterday as we have a shredding appointment later today, but haven’t had a chance to fold it yet. That’s first on my list this morning.

I also need to change the sheets on my bed and wash the ones I took off.

Still dragging, but not as bad as yesterday ...
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:23 am

Good morning!

I am in pain. Night before last, I slept straight through the night, but I apparently found a bad position in my effort to find a good one for my CPAP, and I woke up with a crick in my shoulder. Nothing seems to touch the pain for long, and while it is a little less intense today, it is more persistent. I am wishing I had filled the prescription for strong pain meds that I got after my recent root canal, but then again, such strong stuff mostly just knocks me out. I just wish I could find a happy position for my arm.

Nothing going on today, so I will just putter to get my steps in. Not as efficient as if I concentrated on one thing, but I am trying to get out of being so sedentary.

Going to go and see if I can convince my shoulder to stop screaming at me for a bit.

I am hoping that Rose's sinuses clear up quickly and that the rest of you are feeling well.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:28 am

We'll "YELL" at your shoulder for you if you think it'll help, Mystery.

Dsonil has been back from his GP for quite a while and of course he's sputtering and complaining. He had diabetes years ago and almost instantly got exercise and lost a lot of weight. DD and I've been agreeing for some time that he's certainly headed back to diabetes. Sure 'nough! So Dr has him on a pill (he refused to go on insulin) and recommended exercise. His excuse is his back is so out of sorts he can't exercise. So Dr told him use a stationary bike of some sort -"I don't have time, my work schedule is too wonky." Uh, but he does have time to sit in the recliner all day (and I do mean ALL day) on his phone." Just 10 minutes of that time would help. His fasting glucose was 200 and the Dr noted that it was 400 when he had it done (now many) years ago. Spot on his lung still hasn't been addressed as they're waiting for insurance to ok it for a CAT scan.
s
Speaking of CAT scans, dh had his done for his diverticulitis on Wednesday. Results came back yesterday but not quite sure what they mean. Have a feeling he'll end up with a colonoscopy sooner than later. Dsonil's is scheduled for May 16th I think he said -Covid test first on the 7th at the hospital.

Have finished up cleaning up the kitchen and doing dishes. Also picked up the great room and the dining room. Tried to straighten the table a little bit -it's hard as most of it needs to go in dd/dsonil's bedroom and I don't go in there. Also have used the exercycle for 1 hour. Going back to that soon -usually watch a movie while I do that and it's easier to keep on keepin' on.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:49 am

Good Morning!

(((MW)))) Ouch! I hope you get some quick relief from the muscles that are not playing nice.

I enjoyed a super long sleep (11+ hours!! with 87 sleep score) and woke up feeling ready to get started on the day. OR it could be that I got started on my AM cards so I could get my reward (coffee). >>.shrugging shoulders<<< I'm not sure which one causes me to immediately get going but I like the results.

I got DD9 school assignments prep'd for her and she has already finished them! I make Friday as easy as possible for her. DS12 isn't doing school on Friday's so he can have one day a week to sleep in. All other days he has to get up and get going by 8am.

I'm cooking a big cast iron skillet of sliced smoked sausages, onions, and multiple colored bell peppers. I'm also cooking a big pot of corn on the cob. After they have finished cooking I'll let them cool and put into the refrigerator. They are good leftovers to have on hand. I'll order pizza today for the kids and DH. I'm eating my favorite homemade meat & vegetable soup.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:21 pm

I called and rescheduled my hair appointment en route to the vet this a.m - they can get me in at 3 p.m. I would have been late to the 11:30 vet appointment. DMuffin's complaint is not clear. She was dehydrated and got 500 ml of fluids, blood work was good. We're going to do some ongoing "cold therapy" on her back joints, I think Macs had that at one point when he saw physical therapist. and her BP was high (I think it goes higher at the vet, but I think they expected it low because of the dehydration) so we're discontinuing the bladder support meds and trying a herbal formula that doesn't have side effects. Oh, and I'm going to start making her dog food (rice and chicken) to see if that helps her appetite. She was noticeably perkier when she got back home. So we'll see how it goes. She drank some water back here at home, and ate some of my chicken as I made a wrap.

I have a bit of time before I need to s2s before going to hair cut. I was planning to do some cleaning today, but like last week there's a crew downstairs making noise, so I've come upstairs. Multiple things going on, inside and out.

Tonight is the arts festival preview party. Looking forward to that.
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”