Fri-Yay PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Fri-Yay PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:31 pm

I am feeling at loose ends. Not enough time to get into anything, and I'm cold and feeling tired today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:51 pm

((((Twins & DMuffin)))) I wonder if she will do better once the construction and strangers are not making noise in "her" space. I've noticed that about myself, but I'm not sure that dogs experience the same emotional trauma with things being constantly out of their routine.

I've taken pictures of the 18 paper pages of school work that DD9 did this week and created a pdf. The weekly spreadsheet of her other assignments has been updated. Everything has been emailed to the teacher. This is one of my favorite weekly moments.

Pizzas have been ordered. DH volunteered to go pick them up at a drive through.

A lifelong friend was recently telling us about his experience with c19 (he had it a few months ago). He lives a very simple life and might be considered a bit of a recluse by some. He lives alone and almost never travels outside of a 10-mile radius of his home. His best guess is he got exposed to the c19 virus by his daily trip a local convenience store. While lifelong friend was telling me about this, I had a flashback.... I remember our pediatrician telling us that he always does drive through to get his daily drink because he considers it low risk. He told me a year ago to stay out of that convenience store. Such an easy thing to change to make a difference. Habits matter.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:04 pm

Yep, LadyM. I do very little drive through now - As an adult, drive throughs have contributed to my weight issues - too easy and not healthy. I had mostly gotten off them before COVID, but I do as few stops as possible now.

I know how happy I'll be when this is done and I understand it and chose to do it, so I can only image dMuffin's bewilderment at her home being turned upside down. She has some retinal damage, perhaps from BP, so dealing with moved things probably hasn't been easy.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:28 pm

Not AT ALL to dismiss Muffin's improvement, Twins', but she also had the delight of leaving the doctor's office and going back to her house! That always perks me up! ;)

We are having a kinda quiet and pensive day as dd22 is on appts with her girlfriend/future roommate K, being taken on tours of apt complexes and one house. K is picky, which allows dd to defer to her friend, I think. Also K's parents have already said they will cosign. Sigh. HRH actively lobbying for a reverse on this.

I've swept and mopped. General kitchen spif.

The new (er) model of having a person stand at front of the drive-through lane and take orders is putting me off of drive-throughs right now. The menus at the speakers have been 6 feet tall/wide for 20-30 years for a reason. Having a person approach my window to show me little thumbnail photos is invading my space these days, especially when there's more than one person in the car trying to understand. I guess I get it if it's at some extreme busy time, but that hasn't been what we've seen lately.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:34 pm

Mystery, would some heat on your shoulder feel good? I get a 'crick' in my neck once in a while from sleeping wrong and I put my heated up rice bag on it and it relaxes the muscles and helps it go away. And it feels good when I do it, too.

Sky is bright grey today. Wonder if rain is coming? I spent some time working at my desk, a lot of stuff there to do. Outside putting a check in the mail, I watered the 2 front planters while outside. Still need to go do the veggies and the back bushes especially the new one I planted last afternoon.

Need to work on some other stuff, want to go read but need to do this stuff first. My reward I guess if I get other stuff done first. I found the ingredients in the pantry and freezer so I'm going to make a pot of chili. I've been running out of ideas of things to cook. I need to sit down with my nice cookbook that has all the nice pictures and get some inspiration.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:52 pm

I am resting after mowing the back yard.
I did not do the front yard to protect the seed plus it was wet.
Mail has been processed.

I am going to the freezer to "take out" my lunch choice!
I should go to a cafe but not feeling it just as well.

Mystery or ice.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:45 pm

Hello to everyone! My weekends are certainly nothing to brag about lately, or for the foreseeable future.
WARNING -- I am just in a horrible mood today and I really should just go have a good cry and go back to bed.
OTOH, dgd just called to see if she could spend the night and we told her of course she could -- so she is coming over in just a bit.
Tomorrow, dgs has 2 ballgames and ddil says she will ride with us, so that's progress, I guess on the "family stuff" situation... but I am just in a terrible mood all around today.

Today is the birthday of someone very special to me, who died 20 years ago, under very mysterious circumstances. It was said to be a suicide but no one believed it at the time. This is one of those people that I'll "miss you till I see you" and I'll always have lots of questions. And one of those things where there was no "closure," no chance to say good-bye. :cry:

This weekend was supposed to be spent in College Town... with both dgrands, but we were looking forward to it. First chance to "see" the new coach and all that. DH and dgs were excited.
Now we have two ballgames, and to be honest, these have been very frustrating lately. This will be dgs' sixth and seventh games, but the first 4 were "practice" games. (No difference in anything about them, just they way they were noted on the season.) He did pretty well in those. In the last three "regular season" games, he has struck out every single time he has been at bat. He doesn't seem upset and dh and ds are both trying to refrain from too much "instruction" and stay encouraging to him... but y'all know... the coach in dh has a hard time watching this.
NEXT weekend was supposed to be spent on the road again, with both grands, and we were looking forward to seeing ds' band play again, for the first time in a year, I guess.
Now we have a piano recital to go to next Saturday.

So all that has me in a mood... and then, as I said in J&C... changes abound in other ways. I will explain more over there.

Newspaper wasn't delivered today -- np lady got snippy with me when I called to report. SHE blames the post office; post office blames her.
* This is not the paper that I talk about our friend bringing us every day. Remember, dh is a news junky. He gets two out of town papers that our friend brings to us daily on his way home from work. Then we get our "daily" paper -- this used to be in our driveway every morning like clockwork, but then they did away with their week day carriers and started delivering by mail. (They quit printing M & SAT issues some time ago.) That means TU-F is in our post office box, and SUN is still delivered by carrier to our home. That gets them confused enough, from time to time, but then on days like today, the post office says, "we put all we had in the boxes, so if yours isn't there, we didn't get it. Sometimes they short us an entire route." So. Just makes me want to scream.

BUT -- dh says we'll go out for supper when dgd gets here, so I'm always cheered up by that idea.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:32 pm

I sorted through the stuff in the freezer. Some of it getting old. I thawed out some meat and began making our chili. Next package of meat, a little beef I thought I'd add, I thawed out in micro and discovered it was a couple little tiny steaks I'd pounded and marinated...but must have had too many because these 2 went in the freezer. I fried them up for later. I keep telling myself, self do not put things into the freezer without labels. But I still do that. Occasionally. I always think oh I'll remember what this is I'll just tuck it in here... and then later have mystery meat or mystery casseroles. Ak!

Chili has been cooking in the crockpot. I cook the meat and onions on the stove and add everything else and heat it up, then put in the crockpot. I wish I had some green peppers to add. Ooh, I have a hot pepper in the other freezer... that'll help.

I found a piece of cooked chicken in the refrigerator... that was my lunch! DH had the leftover hamburger and baked beans for lunch. Now I have things all cleaned out again.

Got the rest of the watering done. Everything looked very perky after the fertilizing yesterday. We're such big farmers here. 6 tomato plants, a yellow squash plant looking very bushy and healthy, some broccoli and cauliflower seeds doing nothing in the ground, some sprouted and remain 2 little leaves, and a big full mulberry tree with so many ripe berries I can't keep up with them! But I'm happy to be this far along after several years of not doing anything outside.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:08 pm

DMuffin threw up several more times this afternoon - once on one of her beds, enough that I took the cover off and washed it . I was able to get it into the dryer before I took off to get my hair cut. She threw up once outside, twice on the rug in the DR, once in the great room on the way to get outside, and on her bed. :shock: I've taken her food up altogether to let that tummy rest. I had to offer treats to get her into the car earlier.

Now my "breakfast table" area is taken apart for replacement of that window. I'm feelin' it's gonna take awhile to get this house back together.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:21 pm

telling myself, self do not put things into the freezer without labels.

Wondering how someone heard me talking to myself? Hum.... :D

DS12 joined me on a trip to the city. We took DS12 bike to the shop AGAIN. I've lost count of how many times his bike has been worked on since Christmas. I told DS12 if we get another $$$ repair bill that he will either be walking or learn to fix it himself. I was halfway serious about that statement. I don't know how to fix his bike so expecting him to know is kinda ridiculous. ANYway.....as aggravating as it is, I recognize this is first-world problems and in a few years, I'll probably be wishing DS12 was still riding a bike instead of a vehicle.

We went to Sams to pick up DH prescription that he needed by tomorrow. We arrived at the pharmacy window at 1:31.....only to discover their lunch break is 1;30 to 2pm. ARgH! That meant we wandered the aisles for 30 minutes putting things in the cart that wasn't on the "Buy This" list. Again....First World problems.

DD9 first cycle was 24 days. She was very nonchalant about it. It still boggles my mind this is happening at 9 years old.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”