Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Saturday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:25 am

We're here, the village is open for business 24-7.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Saturday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:31 am

Thanks for healing wishes for my Muffin. We've been back to the vet this a.m. - when dh and I got home last night she was lethargic and limp. In fact, I called dkids and said it might be the end if they wanted a late visit so they both came over. She's running a high fever and dehydrated again, white blood count elevated which indicates infection, but nothing apparent. She got more fluids, a shot for nausea and antibiotics. We'll see how she feels when the fever is resolved, I hope. We are to monitor her temp also.

I was up with her until 2 a.m. or so - she struggled outside to potty then (fell several times and couldn't get up) and I went to sleep in my bed after that.

I would go take a nap but my house is such a mess. The crew installed the back window yesterday so everything in the breakfast area was moved. We'll need the other crew to put the trim back on it, but I'll feel much, much better if I can do some clean up. And I feel like the house smells like dog-throw-up right now. If I can putter around (and have breakfast/brunch) I'll nap this afternoon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:35 am

I am so sorry muffin is feeling that way - that happened with our d dog a couple times last summer/fall - they never could find out what happened. I will pray for muffin to feel better!!!

(we just found out our dog had antibodies for Lyme disease when she got fixed - no idea how that or when it happened) lots of prayers d twins!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:47 am

(((Twins)))) and (((Muffin))) -- I hope today is a better day for you both!

Good morning, blessed!!!

DH and dgd have gone to H ardee's for our breakfast... then we will get s2s and be off to "Fun Day" -- dgs has 2 ballgames.
DDIL called last night and said that ds had been practicing with him and he was hitting better. He started off this season doing real well and then
* poof * he couldn't even make contact. I know it's tough being 8 years old... but I was glad to hear ds was working with him.

Hope you all have a good day!
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:07 am

Hi!

Not doing much today. Dh turned on the tv and we watched the funeral for the Duke of Edinborough, Prince Phillip. I wasn't planning on watching it, but I did.

No idea what we are having for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:42 am

good morning d Lucy and d Cathy and d twins~~~~~!!!!! hello all.

heading outside soon!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:51 am

Not a good day for me I have issues & tissues are required.
Sigh doing better noiw.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:57 am

dear sweet Nancy ((((much love to you))))

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:58 am

I asked dh what he wanted for supper. He said "You aren't going to like this... Shepherd's pie." So. I went and took the ground beef out of the freezer. We have everything else I need.

Even though it was a bit windy, we burned most of the cardboard.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:29 pm

Good Morning!

I am sitting at the guitar teachers home waiting for the kids to finish their lesson. It is a 25 minute drive here so the travel time is almost twice as much as the lesson time.

The clouds are keeping things dreary looking but the sunshine is predicted to return later today. I always seem to feel better when the sunshine is bright and i spend time outside.

I'm second-guessing my decision to not go to the airport with DH. I'm texting DS12 instructions on how to use the mapping technology in the SUV. DS12 is quick to learn the technology so this will be a good IRL lesson for him. DD9 is having accidents (two today) so putting her in a vehicle for several hours didn't seem to be the best option. Ohs Well. Good or bad decision. It is made and in play. I just hope it works out okay.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”