Look around - What do you see? PWYC Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Look around - What do you see? PWYC Wednesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:05 pm

Lunch break here.

The morning has progressed smoothly. Each week that we team up to clean the house for one hour is showing better results. Today 11 rooms were vacuumed, 8 rooms were mopped, 3 beds had sheets & pillowcases removed/washed/dried/put back on, 3 bathrooms were deep cleaned, and time spent in both of the kids bedrooms decluttering & organizing.

Both of the kids have about another hour of school work to do after lunch.

Checking current stats on things I'm tracking today...
4835 steps
649 calories eaten with another 558 calories planned & prepared
84 SHE cards completed
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:42 pm

yay d lady!

im so happy you have painters - it will be so nice to move back in d twins!

hello rose he sounds like a hard working kid!

ill tell the weather by you and I that it is spring ---no moe snow d Cathy
wow on the maple syrup
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:47 pm

having to rest my leg
but I did get the shelves in laundry room spiffed and decluttered
decluttered front room yay
found a couple cans of paint and tubes of caulk - put away for d brother for when he comes in

I'm really proud of myself - for years I have been getting rid of paint etc - after I get rid of the 2 cans of paint in the basement - I will only have one can I use for touch up.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:54 pm

bw2, I have a can of paint drying out in the garage. I keep some kitty litter to put in them and absorb the moisture, then they can be thrown out with regular garbage.

A dneighbor came over with a potted plant and a note for me, and while we were talking a florist truck pulled up with a delivery from a neighbor who is out of town.

I might make a few thank you cards, doing something creative is healing somehow.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:05 pm

Dh has been on the bed reading and sleeping.

We are having spaghetti and meat sauce tonight.

I was reading in the library for a bit. I have also emptied the dishwasher and started refilling it. Plus, I have been doing dishes.

It's Wednesday, so I will water the inside plants. I will be putting most of them outside after mid May.

A lot of farmers have been posting updates about the fruit trees and blossoms. They don't know how the apricots or cherries are going to be because they have blossomed. The apple trees are okay because the blossoms are still tightly closed. They haven't mentioned the plums, nectarines or peaches yet. One of them posted pictures of teeny little asparagus shoots covered in snow. :(
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:31 pm

What do you see? What popped in to my head?
EVERYTHING -- and nothing.
I guess ZONE/Deep Cleaning is the main thing here.

I am getting a whole lot of NOTHING done -- partly because dh sees no need for any of it and is no encouragement at all; in fact, it seems if I am really busy with chores, he feels pressured or something? Or maybe I just feel much temptation to do nothing because HE is doing nothing and why should all fall on me? OTOH --
the house DOES look fine (maybe a little dusty, but definitely no embarrassment if unexpected guests drop in) and
I feel pressured to keep up with all of y'all and be busy busy busy all the time.

So. I'm just constantly at odds with myself.

Another issue is, once I leave the house for some appointment/errand/etc, then * poof * -- it's like I am DONE for the day.
Yesterday was sooo hectic -- my retired teacher meeting, funeral visitation for dh's cousin, dgrands, etc...
Then today, ANOTHER funeral visitation. DH did not go to this one, but it was another life-long friend of my family, from my old church. This is the 5th person in the past month from my old church, and that includes two married couples who each died within weeks of each other. DH's cousin's husband passed away 3 weeks ago; another friend lost both parents within a few weeks of each other as well. NONE of these have anything to do with Covid; they were all elderly people who had been in poor health for some time. Still -- sad to see so much loss in the "village" that raised me.

Finally, I spend a lot of time on the phone. DDIL calls (apparently every time she gets in the car). Then ds calls on his way home from work. DMom calls, or I call her -- today I called her to make sure she had not forgotten today's visitation, which she had, but she said she would make it there at least in time for the funeral.

Anyway... I am just spinning my wheels here. No real BWP, no ambition or motivation, no energy.

I am doing laundry. That is all. I have about 30 minutes before dgrands arrive. I will get out the vacuum cleaner.
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:35 pm

I've made the meat sauce for the spaghetti. Just waiting for the water to come to a boil to put the spaghetti in.

I've done a few more dishes. UGH! I just hate doing dishes. Because there have been dishes needing to be done, I can't seem to be able to stitch. If I want to give this to dd for this Christmas, I had better get going and keep going until it's done.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:25 pm

Cathy consider a different method of quantifying kitchen work before the reward of stitching. I sometimes use the timer on the stove and promise myself to actually walk out when it rings. That plan gets me started happily, even though it may not end in anything near perfection.

I remember when y'all were talking about spouse forgetfulness. I didn't have much to say but today's vaccine trip must have really been making hrh absentminded. Especially when he was asked which arm for the vaccine and gave my answer instead of his! (We each have old-by-now injuries to one shoulder each.). I was standing nearby and corrected him. He told the man, "I don't remember why, but you'ld better listen to her. She seems to know what I'm talking about."

Oddly good news about that was when he was complaining that his arm ached a couple hours later, he was again thinking of the other arm! So far, so good.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:27 pm

Napped
Then raked 20 min. In back yard done with that yea!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:33 pm

Anyway... I am just spinning my wheels here.

Here also. Spinning wheels for the day. Tomorrow the painting will be done inside (hopefully) and we can start putting things back together. I hope I feel up to it.

I walked the circle with dfriend M and R uby (some of you met M this week on Facebook) and had a glass of wine and sparkling conversation with her.

We'll get down to mid 30s tonight. Instead of grilling outside, I think we're going to "George Foreman" chicken breasts to go over salad for our supper.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”