Look around - What do you see? PWYC Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Look around - What do you see? PWYC Wednesday

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:46 pm

After supper I "made" myself get more dishes done. Now the drying rack is full and there is only 1 large pot in the sink. I've done all the knives and mixing bowls and everything else.

One. More. Pot. I will do this before bed.

Dh goes for his jab tomorrow. His sister got her jab today. My MIL already had hers. I don't know when my dd is getting hers or if she already had it. I'm trying not to text her at work and she has been working very long hours AND she is moving around the 1st of May. (Condo was just built, so everyone moving in is moving in to an absolutely new building.)
Last edited by CathyS on Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:05 pm

70* and sunny. Dropped dgd off at her class. Lovely day enjoyed the drive.
Seeing the trees in bloom is fun.
The dog loves to go with us.
I have a plan for dinner.
Waving to everyone way to go on your progress!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:20 pm

WTG, Cathy, on the dishes!

Nancy, you sound better, I'm glad the sunshine is out for you!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:38 pm

Well here it was an "Owl"tastic day. Early this morning DBiscuit barked up a storm & we figured she saw something. When dsonil was leaving for work he saw an owl about 50' from his car & was able to walk right up to it. DD was out early today & came right home & went out -still there. She started calling "rescues" and he/it somewhat walked away, tried to fly & crashed into a tree. She finally reached someone and at 2:08 they texted they were on their way. It's eyes looked strange. We waited on the front porch for quite some time. DD went out back and had lost it, then found it further down in the backyard. It was nearly 4 before person got here -a woman. She walked out back to where dd and the owl were. Didn't the owl take off flying at that moment after being in our yard all day? It flew over the fence. Woman managed to get around the fencing in that pasture and walked over to where it was and was able to net it right away. DD said, "Carrying an owl in a box was not what I planned for today." They're quite sure this owl has Avian Pox -a virus of some sort. It ended up it was a Great Horned Owl 'baby'. But even at that it was probably nearly 15" tall. They will let it recuperate and when they get ready to release it back into the wild, they'll call dd and release it back here. BTW we did name it: Owlivia or Owliver. The rescuer loved it! :D
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:10 am

Dee, I love the name! We have an owl who on occasion stayed in a tree across the street. Occasionally it would fly in our back yard or the yard next door. I don't know what kind it is but it had a huge wingspan and was beautiful with a lot of white in his feathers. We haven't seen it for a while. But we have hawks quite frequently and all kinds of other birds.

Cathy, you asked about oranges and I've been forgetting to answer you. I don't know about a bumper crop here, but one thing I've thought about. This past winter I don't recall the state having big freezes that make the crops die. Maybe that's why there are so many this year?

I definitely have some sort of intestinal bug. It's getting better but sure leaves me tired. I slept most of the evening. I'd gone out and followed DH to a customer's house so he could get his big truck out there. I was mighty glad to get home, close to the bathroom.

Lucylee, you should be happy your DH is content with the house the way it is. And if you are both "neat", with the work you do in there, I'll bet it's pretty nice. Not all of us can say we'd never be embarrassed to have somebody come in at any given moment. But doesn't it sound wonderful to do things like LadyM does, have a whole crew of family helping to keep the house up. Jeepers, I'd like to try that just once. Those kids are learning to be a responsible member of the family, with everybody pitching in. I think nobody taught DH those things when he was growing up!

Ok, off to bed.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:33 am

Thanks, Harmony. (((Hugs))) and lots of good wishes that you feel lots better soon.

Good for you and your bunch, Dee, on rescuing Owliver/Owlivia! :)

So — I actually DID complete the laundry (but still need to hang up that final load.)
Also vacuumed floor in 3rd (rarely used) bathroom and guest bedroom
Cooked supper, s/s kitchen,
supervised dgrands’ games of cops and robbers, chase, and I don’t know what all (outdoors) while reading a book online,
played a game of “Horse” with them (I won, LOL)
Talked to dh’s cousin on phone (she called to check on dgd)
Took a nap

I need to make a better effort at some sort of BWP.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”