Look around - What do you see? PWYC Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Look around - What do you see? PWYC Wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:21 am

it will be good for you to do body work on you d twins. massage? I hope so.
wishing you a wonderful day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:33 am

Ci desk duty today is the plan.
Bs is good.
Slept great.
Qt x

Bfast x
Did some on the desk stuff.
Dd just dropped of food for dgd it was good to see her briefly.
Walked the dog did a hill before the winds kick up.

Way to go on your progress everyone!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:58 pm, edited 8 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:05 am

First thing I saw was that I need to install the "Scan" software on my printer/computer. Well I've tried that to no avail. Was going pretty well last night and my printer power shut off. Think I finally have that fixed so it will stay on all day. Tried to 'install Scan' but have failed at that. May just wait for dd to help me when she comes home today. Haven't seen her since I went to bed Sunday night. She had games both Mon & Tues nights. (BTW, the scanning loading is also my anti-procrastination project for today. Have a bunch of papers to scan.)

It's 11 o'clock and I still haven't gone out for breakfast. In fact dsonil just knocked on my door to see if I was okay. I do really need to eat -my BS was only 61 2 hours ago. At least now I've had all my meds. If I can wait a 1/2 hour I'll count it as lunch I think.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:30 am

I see... sort of...wind, wind and more wind!!!

Sustained winds of 25mph by noon with gust to reach 45 by later this afternoon. My sunnies and horses are not gonna like this day.

Last time we had winds like this I had to feed the WW’s and the gal I was working with said it was the worst day she had ever experienced due to the Haboo ... dust storm... that hit us while we tried to toss hay flakes
To the wilds. Looks like this could be a repeat kind of the day and honestly I’m not looking forward to it.

I’ll just need to wear a scarf around my face like the cowboys do, masks are useless in this kind of wind, and geter done.

Took me three and a half loads of laundry to do my guys laundry done. His white socks were filthy brown with dirt, hay and grass, and I was determined to make them white again. Had to think back to when my son played football and getting grass out of his uniform was a concern. Remembered I used dishwasher detergent to get them clean so took a tub, added that, some borax and a bit of bleach and soaked the socks till I was ready to wash them with my other white.

Volala ... I still got it...his white socks look almost new :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:38 am

I know I have been up since 5 am but I am starving - lol looking at me you wouldn't know that. I am eating a salad bc I figure it is better than anything else.

Feeling drained with the put away/declutter process today - it's not big stuff- - but I can see all the things that need repairing. ankle is not cooperating.dh has not been well enough to do work around the house (yesterday after noon he was busy!!!)

I know once I do a put things back in their place that I will feel better.

saying hello d rose - don't blow away - we love your sweet smile! 45 mph wind!
yay on the laundry
(oooo look at those white socks!)

hello d dee! hope the computer/software stuff works out!
sounds like you need a nice meal! good morning to you.

yay on bs d Nancy and yay on a good night sleep.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:41 am

Wow, Ramblin you are such a good friend.

Looking around, I saw a bed badly in need of changing. DH has been pulling up his sheet and straightening covers ever since he began going out to the country. I have NO idea why he started this because he always thought making a bed was a waste of time, since it would get messed all over again that night. :roll: Anyway, with the covers all neat, I had no idea, so I decided to check and yes they needed changing. I'll have to make a regular schedule to do them now since they're out of sight out of mind now. Maybe he sees I make mine every morning? I'm a good influence I guess.

I did all the cleaning in the master bedroom too, dust bunnies are gone. All this between trips to the bathroom. I'm really tired of this, when will it stop? Been doing this for a couple days, have no idea why. Yesterday all I had was some chicken and an egg.

Did my everyday laundry too and it's hanging up.

I am tired out. Not going to do anything else for a while. If I feel better later I have some work in my bedroom to do.

I hope Mystery is feeling better today.

I can't believe there's still snow around. We are grey today like it might rain.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:51 am

you ARE a wonderful influence d harmony!!!
have a good day

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:37 pm

Think about all those really pretty Christmas cards with scenes of fluffy pure white snow on evergreen branches. That is what it looks like here today. The roads are completely clear and it's hovering around 32/0 degrees Celcius.

Dh and I went to our favourite grocery store and got enough oranges for 2 weeks and some ground beef and ground pork. When we got home, dh got out the food saver and packaged all the ground meat up and there is enough for 8 meals. We also got ribs. Then we went to the new-to-us Cos t co business cent er. WOW! We could have bought a drum of Canadian Maple syrup of $2499.99 :shock: I still have more than enough to get through the next 5 years in my fridge and that is a small mason jar full. The sizes of the packages were large. I'm sure that the restaurants are thrilled, but I don't need 50 pound bags of onions. No wonder the parking lot was almost empty. It was interesting, and very, very quiet. Mostly it was employees going around filling orders on flat carts.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:45 pm

Harmony...

This guy is just a kid and didn’t have a good relationship with his mom.

He’s so good at loading bales of hay every day which means I don’t have to when it’s my day to help feed. Between the hay bales delivered to the hay shed and loading a pickup truck, atv and trailer, I would be helping another gal load 35 100 lbs bales of hay each day that I volunteer.

I don’t mind the work, but by the time 6pm rolls around and I get to go home, I’m really exhausted. Did I mention I’m the oldest woman doing this? Anyway Joseph is now either doing all the loading himself... nice to be 23 again, and is helping with the wilds feed.

This kid works 7 days a week... 2 at Walmart in the deli... and there really is no place close by for him to wash his clothes.

But as Sweetie says I always seem to draw kids like this to me that needs help so this is nothing new for me to help other kids when I see the need. Been doing it for more than 25 years. Must be my magnetic energy :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:09 pm

I'm upstairs in the bonus room, the painters are noisy and there's no privacy downstairs.

I'm excited that we can start moving back into the room soon. There's so much to do, in addition to the usual springtime activity of pressure washing the porches, getting summer pillows out on the front porch and summer plants. Then there's moving back into the great room and getting things set up again.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”