Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Thursday PWYC

Postby Harmony » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:16 pm

Cathy, I think I said I did NOT recall there being a freeze that impacted our citrus productions this past winter. That's a big thing here when it happens and there's usually a bunch of news about it. I've been watching the local news enough that I would have heard about it.

LadyM, I love that book your kids are using. What a good idea! I wish I'd had one growing up. I tried to journal a bit but never got the hang of it properly.

Biscuit is such a cute name for a dog and nice that it's a hockey reference too. Better than calling him Puck!

Twins, hope you enjoy your "new" rooms and are happy with the results. How did the concrete turn out with their extra work?

DH is pouring concrete tomorrow, a large patio. They were supposed to help him but it turned out there will be 3 females helping. That's ok, DH is a good teacher and 2 of them are in their 30's, also he has a pumper coming so there won't be any wheelbarrow work. I'm trying not to think about it a lot.

Been puttering around. Did 1 LOL but had to do all the white T-Shirts over again as they didn't come very white. They're in the dryer, rest is hanging up. I folded up yesterday's load. Swept back porch and wiped chair handles and washed the glass top table. All my daily stuff done.

Still a bit tired; I can tell I'm feeling better, but not 100% yet.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:43 pm

Harmony, we're going to live with it. Still looks rough underneath where he tried to sand it and I can see where some of the bubbles were. Dh told the contractor he hoped the concrete subcontractor guy didn't charge him the full price for the work. We have a big rug to go out there too. Not everything is as perfect as one imagines it will be. Our great room has so much more light now and room. I think we only gained about 10 square feet but there's nothing jutting into the room there now.

I'm holding off running the vacuum cleaner until they're done and the paint is dry. They said it will be fine later today.

DD came by for a visit. Once she passes the background ck and references checked, she will likely have a job offer in NJ. I hate for her to move so far away, but that's where the jobs are.

I'm going to s2s now. Skipped this a.m. I think I will suggest we eat out, somewhere quick, and use our energy to start our work here.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:02 pm

Harmony I did NOT recall any news of a freeze either, in the small amount of news that I paid attention to.

Unfortunately, we are having a freeze here now that might affect apricots and cherries. I've been hearing a lot of helicopters going over here today. There are a lot of posts from farmers discussing the horrid weather situation over the past couple of days.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:20 pm

Cathy, LOL we are going back and forth with the same thing! I'm sorry about your fruit there right now. We had a lovely peach tree in PA and it was just getting old enough to produce and had blooms that froze one year and I don't think the tree ever really recovered from all that. That sort of thing is a huge loss to people in those businesses. We have big fields of dead citrus trees where they decided to either move farther south or just quit their business. I've seen them up in mid Florida too. It's very sad to see. We lost a pink grapefruit here to citrus greening. Awful disease. We have 3 little citrus trees, and so far have 1 lime and 1 lemon and 1 dead tree. We have a pomegranate tree too young to produce yet and a small mango tree just starting.

I finally got a new homeowner's policy from ins. agent. After several tries and calls back and forth, we settled on this one. She tried to email it to me but it went 'undeliverable' but she used the right email addy. So I sent her one and she returned with this one. Spent some time going over it and find it to be within $100 of last year's and not the double price the old company wanted. I'm going to accept this one. Our problem is the size of the house and the replacement value, also the age. Anything over 10 years old goes way up because of replacement costs for roofs. Another reason to downsize.

DH seemed eager to clean up his bedroom :shock: so I rolled up his sleeping bag he used when he stayed overnight and got it in a plastic, brought in the ladder and put it up on the top shelf. His arms wouldn't let him do that. While I was in there with the ladder I tidied up the closet and he now has a lot of floor space to walk into there to get his shirts and shoes. I looked around in mine too (we have 2 walk-ins in that room) and tidied and found a few little things to toss.

We have all this space, things should be tidier around here I think.

Twins, I'm sorry things aren't perfect, but still, I'll bet you are glad it's almost over.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:28 pm

Back from dr. Apt. It was a good one. Some details in J& C bc health & fitness not members only that I can tell.
Did somme banking and
saw dson briefly at the market across the street from the bank.
Walked the dog around the block.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:30 pm

:lol: , Harmony. Don't even want to go there!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:32 pm

I'm kind of at a loss - the painters are still here. One is sweeping but not doing much good, lol. I do appreciate them cleaning up tho. Tarps etc in house are almost up. :D
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:54 pm

Waving to everyone!!!

My ta-da for the day, so far, was reconciling the bank statement -- and that was a small treat, :lol: because, rather than making a mistake in the bank's favor, I made a mistake in MY favor and got 80 cents back, LOL! (I recorded something from a receipt and I thought it said something like .83, and it was really .03. Sometimes I have trouble reading the numbers on receipts and can't tell the difference between an 8 and a 0.)

Also found out that a check that was in dispute HAD cleared, so will have to call the place tomorrow (they are closed TU/TH). (It's a subscription to the magazine our county archives publishes quarterly.)

DH and I went to the post office, bank, drug store, archives, and filled up the car with gas.
I've talked to ddil, ds, and dmom on the phone...
and dgs has a ballgame tonight.

Hope you all have a good evening!
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:28 pm

Hi everyone! I got the immediate B&B done last night, but still have to schedule the pay period starting today. I also got in about 40 min of kitchen cleanup. I was going to do the same in the LR and MBR, but ran out of steam. Note to self: do exercise videos AFTER cleanup not before. I am doing more report modifications, but need to return to some database stuff soon.

This morning, when I cleaned the catboxes, I realized that I did not put the trash out. The truck was just coming up the road and had probably already done my side of the street. However, the wonderful driver, pulled up to my driveway, motioned where to put the can and did it then and there. I am so grateful - it is getting warmer and most of my trash is used cat litter.

I may be swapping foster cats. We have two 12 yos coming from someone who had to move to assisted living. Experienced fosters are needed for them and kittens are good candidates for new fosters. We like to give new people an easier time, they are more likely to stay. Geezer kitties stay a lot longer, and occasionally never get a permanent home (e.g. Cleo, 7 years in my house, dying at 17).

DD19 did not come over Tuesday due to finals, but they end today and she has tomorrow off. She is likely to be here tonight, but want to take it easy and rest.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:36 pm

Home from the city. We went to the dentist, drive-in & Sam's. Both of the kids maintained their perfect record of no cavities. I didn't have any cavities either but DH has a small cavity that will be filled in June. Our next checkup for everyone is scheduled for late October.

DS12 is exercising at the gym with his friends. I just helped DD9 with a couple of her Math problems so that finishes up her school assignments for the day. I am ready to put my feet up and chill for a bit. I started watching Baker and the Beauty on Netflix. it is a mindless show which suits me when I want to zone out.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”