Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:18 am

It's Thursday, right? I've almost lost track of what day it is this week.

I gotta get busy here and I need a cheering section!

I can manage rah rahs for your work today too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:29 am

I believe our inside painting will be done today and we can clean and start moving back into our great room. That includes the stairwell which is dusty again.

Dh has taken it upon himself to be my little alarm clock. I told him last night I'd like to be up by 7:30 and he "heard" that painters would be here at 7:30, so of course was telling me earlier it was time to get up. It's an hour later than 7:30 here, I do need to get the day underway. All I've done so far is to drink coffee and read online.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:30 am

Thanks for starting our day Twins!!

Harmony thank you for the info on the oranges. I hadn't heard about any really cold weather in Florida this past winter, but I could have missed it because I was trying not to listen to too much news.

Realized after I had done the dishes last night that the pest control guy is coming to check the ant traps this morning at 9. That 1 pot is still in the sink and it's full of hot soapy water. Garbage cans from various rooms have been emptied. I'm dressed to shoes.

Dh's only customer of the day has already dropped her car off for an oil change and a tire changeover.

Dh goes for his jab at 11:45.

No idea what we are having for supper. Is there a loss of appetite with the first AZ jab?

Kitchen floor has been swept. Bed is made.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:56 am

Trying for three things:
-make the bed and straighten MBR
-clear/clean kitchen counters (includes cleaning the George Forman grill from last night)
-check laundry, start if needed...

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:26 am

Pest control has come and gone. Ants are no longer being found in bedroom, bathroom or living room. Just in the kitchen near the table. Not near the garbage can. Hmmm... maybe if my dh wasn't wiping crumbs off of table onto floor after he eats, the ant problem would be gone. It's a horrible habit and he does it in restaurants and at home after any time he sits at the table, even if it's just for his coffee.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:54 am

I am not focusing on one or three things but all over the place. I'm breaking and setting timer for 45 min beginning at 10 a.m. and I can just flit from place to place. I'm thinking I should focus on MBR and bath, laundry room and that hallway. Maybe hit garage and guest bedroom if I get there.

Painters are soooo noisy - they are yaking all the time at top speed, and such a southern accent that I can hardly understand them myself. One is singing to himself now. :lol: Thank goodness they will be moving outside for painting too.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:49 am

What a quiet morning here in the village. The painting crew here has mostly moved outside so that's been helpful. I ended up outside talking to dneighbor next door for a while. He's put down sod and was watering it, and upsetting the painting crew, lol.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:50 am

Good Morning!

I hit the ground running this morning and am just now stopping to update SHE cards and see what's what.

Now that we are in the last few days of DD9 Charter school I am turning my thoughts to what our summer school program will be. I want to keep it super simple, less than an hour with a way to easily track the progress being made. I am 95% sure I have a plan in place to satisfy all of these. I think it will be -
** Write one complete sentence using cursive to answer the daily question in Q&A.. This is a quick and easy way to reinforce Capital letters, punctuations, noun and verb usage while keeping their cursive writing skills fresh. As a bonus, they are enjoying seeing what they wrote in previous years and developing the habit of daily journaling.
** Math - use IXL or Khan to practice one Math skill using state standards as a guideline.
** ELA - use IXL or Khan to practice one ELA skill using state standards as a guideline.
** Science - use IXL or Khan to learn/reinforce one Science skill using state standards as a guideline.
** Social Studies - use IXL or Khan to learn/reinforce one Social Studies skill using state standards as a guideline.
DD9 will continue doing XtraMath each day (5 minutes) as she memories the multiplication facts.
This looks like a lot but each one is about 5 minutes or less so it goes quickly. The kids like doing this and request it rather than do no school at all.

Lunch will be Manwich, Caribbean rice, chips, and a medley of fresh vegetables.

This afternoon we have FOUR dentist appointments. Everyone is getting their teeth cleaned and checked. This happens twice a year and it is followed by getting milkshakes to make everyone's mouth cold after all the poking and prodding. And....because milkshakes taste good. :)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:41 pm

I've been slowly easing into the day. DD texted to say it's confirmed: our owl is Owliver. Tampa's raptor website says he'll be in rehab for quite some time. When he's fully healed he should be released back here.

As soon as dd gets home today she has to take DBiscuit to the vet -speaking of her name: how many of you know that "Biscuit" is another name for a hockey puck? Probably Mystery does. Thus she got a 'hockey' name. Of course now she seems to be much better. Did mention to dd yesterday that I think she's just very tired of her food. Whe I'm n dd went grocery shopping she bought her a couple of new kinds (expensive ones I'm afraid). She gobbled it right down -no looking at it for 2/3 hours. So maybe I'm right there.

Think I'll go 'cycle' some more -trying to get those rounds in.

Dh goes to our cardiologist tomorrow morning. Hoping everything checks out ok there.

Yesterday in the midst of all the snow when they were laying electric lines for the sites, a contractor managed to hit the main water line. So they were covered in mud and cold to the core. Will be so glad when this stuff is done!! Dh did finally get the water shut off where it comes into the campground after a whole lot of water escaped.

I'm really dreading my own trip to our cardiologist as I'm somewhat afraid of what he's going to say -as far as aortic valve replacement goes. Know I'm certainly not as good as I could be. I should try to get the EKG's from the hospital a couple of weeks ago sent to him I suppose.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:02 pm

Dee, tell your dd that the sister of my dfriend M is a Preds fan (Nashville) and one of her dogs is "Slapstick" aka "Slappy."

Dd called up as I took that break and I spent it all with her. She wanted me to download Microsoft Meetings and "meet" with her as practice for another interview today. I am just so edgy I didn't appreciate the request and she got short with me "Well you could have said no in the first place."

I'm still working, slowly, at the house. Lots of distractions here obviously. I wasted some of that round getting my Fitbit going after changing the battery. I have ordered a new Fitbit, this one is going through batteries and it isn't the kind that can be recharged. But this was the last battery I had so I might as well use it until the new one comes.

Return to “Post When You Can”