Wrap up the week FRIDAY PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Wrap up the week FRIDAY PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:22 am

Wrap it up!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Wrap up the week FRIDAY PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:27 am

hello hello!!!!

d twins and everyone - good morning!!!

listening to Garden Answer on YouTube

what I have to finish: the little bit of laundry
thank you notes
wedding card
yard of course
put chemicals in car for tomorrows chemical recycling appointment
dh's eye dr. appointment this morning
water the garden outside - we have only had one day of rain so far this spring.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:43 am

Hoping we are wrapping up the construction. Last night we cleaned the floor and moved the rug and then couch back into great room.

<Vent ahead> Dh is concerned that the TV will be so high that it won't be comfortable viewing. He also wanted to move the couch to the side of the room, facing the back of the house instead of the fireplace and I don't think there's enough room on that wall. He really seemed in a not good mood, even before we started moving things. I couldn't get him to go on out to eat and I was getting hangry then when we got back I was just too worn out to move much. I kept suggesting that he ask the dneighbor next door to help with moving couch and of course, he wouldn't.

We have uncertainty about where to put things too, and the switch plates and outlet plates haven't been reinstalled so we can't put anything up next to the wall. One place I think there's enough clearance for a piece of furniture in front of switches, and he's insisting there's not. Maybe there's not room, but I would like to see before making the decision.<over>

Not sure what the day holds. Dh is home from work today but will have to make a trip to the office. I think he's also planning a Costco trip.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:47 am

Hi!

Waiting for a customer to show up that I might have to drive home. The other customer for today doesn't need a ride home because she lives next door.

No idea what's for supper tonight. Dh just said he wanted the shrimp he bought the other day with mac and cheese from a box. I can do that.

There is laundry to be put away. It was hiding in the dryer.

There is also dishes. They aren't hiding. They are on the counter showing off.

The temperature is supposed to be very nice by the afternoon.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:56 am

Woke early like 6:30 :shock: stuffy sinus / allergies are acting up.
Lilac blooming in my yard could be the reason. Sigh.
I have done journal & planning for the week and May it is sneaking up on us.
Got the swishing done in the bathrooms.
Brought up a mirror I am thinking of painting from downstairs.
Eggs are boiled.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:37 am

They are on the counter showing off.
:lol: Love that! Will have to remember that when we have dishes piled.

Read a quote this morning:
The people who influence you are the people who believe in you.
that immediately made me think of all our friends here. We are an encouraging and "influencing" bunch.

Dh just called me from his cardiologist's office to ask about the potassium he takes. I had it right, they were just reading it wrong. Seems his potassium is a little low according to his most recent blood work. I'll see what he says later. Oh how I dread going in June. But find myself wishing all this and probable surgery were behind me. Ken is encouraging me. My dbil is to have his aortic valve replaced very soon -not sure of the day yet.

Should go get some breakfast. Really am unsure what to do about my low BS every morning -67 today -even with a snack at night.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:21 am

I love Cathy's dishes on the counter showing off also!

There's lots I can do but I don't have much of a sense of purpose. Dh has gone to costco and I'm going to grocery store. Painters outside and likely done today.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:53 am

Good Morning!

I slept almost 11 hours last night! WOW! I could have turned over and slept some more but knew I needed to get up and get the kids started so we wouldn't be late.

We are in wrap-up mode here. After today, we are DONE with doing school on Friday until August.

Today PODA -
** 10:30 pick up lanyard from DD9 teacher and then drive to the city
** 11:30 Shop & eat at Cracker Barrell. DD44 and DGS24 will be joining us. We will be singing Happy Birthday to DGS24
** 1:00 DD9 will take state test #1 in a proctored environment.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:04 am

After today, we are DONE with doing school on Friday until August.
YAY!! Lady M will have 3 day weekends from now till August. Good for you. Assuming DD's lanyard is for taking state tests?

DD heard from the Vet today. Seems her symptoms are all allergy related. Whew! Know that's a big load off all our minds. He's also changing her urinary problem med to every other day and possibly 2 days between later on.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:12 am

Dishes are still showing off. I got a bunch of cardboard burned. Two of the boxes had smiles on the side of the box. A river had free shipping earlier this week. :D

I drove a customer home and then I picked her up after dh changed her oil.

Still waiting to hear when dh's meds will be ready to be picked up so I can go and do that.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”