Wrap up the week FRIDAY PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Wrap up the week FRIDAY PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:23 pm

Dee, this was the shot that Muffin took for allergies: https://www.zoetispetcare.com/products/ ... B#overview When she lived with my mother a lot of her fur would fall out. She had a lot of skin irritations here, and the recurrent ear infections were probably allergy related too.

I like the wrap up theme for today for LadyM and dd too! What fun to have three day weekend every week.

Dh has just been getting on my last nerve today with being underfoot and obsessing. He's heading back to the office now for a while.

Geeze, I thought he was 10 minutes ago and he just came back through the door: forgot his phone.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:47 pm

I have gotten a letter written and out to the mail box.
Got dressed.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:50 pm

hello dear ones - hello to all of you!

loosing focus -
what needs doing:
water plants inside and out.
weed
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:25 pm

Hello.

(Twins) I hope you figure out the furniture arrangement and both of you are satisfied.

I have a piece of furniture I no longer want. DH will not let me get rid of it. It doesn't fit in the family room. Annoying.

I've been cleaning out the green bedroom closet. Long overdue. Donation bin is full, I am going to take it down next. I tried on piece of clothing after piece and all of that terribly depressing. I guess I'll put that story in our declutter thread.

Usual things done this morning. DH is out for the day. I mended that long pillowcase I found yesterday. Tried it on DH's oversized pillow and it is too narrow. But I'd taken the bedspread off my bed and folded it in quarter and rolled it up and it fits in this case just right to keep the dust off it. I'd had it across the bottom of my bed but found it is annoying and in the way. So back up in the closet it goes. Our house is too warm to have an extra cover on.

Ok, I guess I'll get going here. All my morning stuff is done and watering done. My grass is all green now and the plants all look wonderful. All everything needed was a lot of attention. There is still much to do but I am pleased that this much looks good.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:44 pm

Thank you, Harmony. Having to move everything has both of us considering alternate arrangements. Right now, they need to get switch plates and outlet covers on before we move anymore. Dh is sure that the little cabinet that we have with Judaica won't go back where it was because it's now a three switch outlet when it was one before. I wonder if, given the depth of the trim and quarter round if there won't be enough clearance to put it there. He keeps saying it won't go and I keep telling him that he needs to just indulge me and let me see.

I'm going to rest until 2 and try to go for 45 minutes. I don't set a timer when he's here because he's forever pulling me away to see something. My hands are so dry and feel dirty all the time.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:45 pm

DH will not let me get rid of it
DD especially would understand this, Harmony. So many things that he doesn't/won't use he refuses to let dd give it away or even sell it. He has a large radio/phonograph player that just sits and collects dust. Nope, not going, though never used. He wanted a set of glasses that were his Mom's that he never used. They'll never be used here either. They're very tall and very narrow. DD put them on a top shelf of the cupboard and when she redoes the kitchen they're going on a top shelf in the laundry room -never to see the light of day. :D Know dh tried to get dsonil to go through a huge pile of tools he brought from his Mom's so they could put what they didn't want out for the garage sale. Said, "I want to go through them first" but of course he never did. They will still be setting there when dh returns in the fall and beyond most assuredly.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:51 pm

Here too.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:05 pm

I'm sitting in the parking lot while DD9 is inside a building taking state Math test. DD9 teacher made lanyard for all her students that had all the information needed to check in. It took seconds and then they took DD9 to a room down the hall to take the test. They will call my phone to come inside to get her when the test is finished.

Lunch with the 3 generations was fun, noisy, lively and totally enjoyable. i love no drama family gatherings.

The family movie night that was on the schedule for tonight has been cancelled due to weather predictions. They say we have high probability of receiving golf ball size hail. There isn't much we can do to prevent the damage if it does happen. We will just stay away from window glass during the hail storm and repair the damage afterwards. #NotAgainPlease

I'm bored sitting here. This doesn't feel like the safest part of the city to be so walking around outside while waiting is not something i want to do. Although i can see the police station from where I'm parked, I also see many rough looking fellas walking around. I wish I knew them personally so I could know if it was safe or not.. #SmallTownGirl
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:37 pm

LadyM a lot of people would say my husband is a rough/tough looking guy. He is a rough/tough "looking" guy who would never harm a woman or an animal. He has tattoos and a nasty scowl. He also has a beautiful, honest laugh and would be anyone's knight in shining armor if they needed him to be. It's best to be cautious, though.

All of the dishes that would fit into the dishwasher are now in the dishwasher. I will turn it on after 7 p.m. because I am cheap. One rack full of pots and pans are done. This includes large bowls that didn't go into the dishwasher. I have a sink full with pots from last night's supper that are having spa time in water, bubbly water.

Our toaster couldn't be fixed by dh, so I have a new one coming from A river. I've gotten used to having a 4 slice toaster. It will be here between now and next Friday.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:40 pm

LadyM, what's your plan for DD next school year? Will you be homeschooling or doing what you're doing now or will she go back?

I went down to the GW in town with the heavy donate bin. It's an old thing all duct taped together, but perfect for this. I just leave it in my closet and add to it. Then I ask for it back when I deliver stuff. If we have building things, like when I had those extra sinks, I take them to a different place; and if it's just big recyclables I take them to the county site. However, they check my drivers license to make sure I'm from this county and we're only supposed to be allowed to go something like 6 times a year. They got real strict about that last year, and then they eased up again. It's not supposed to be commercial stuff, just household.

I had to wait in line for the guy to come up to the car. They had 10 times the number of rolling bins out there to sort the incoming. The door to their inside sorting/pricing room was open and I could see it was stuffed from the floor to the ceiling. They had a big semi trailer outside with bins loaded sitting all around it. I think they were taking stuff somewhere. I hadn't seen this place like this ever, even when all the talk was how people were decluttering with being at home during the pandemic. Maybe this is spring cleanout time for lots!

Return to “Post When You Can”