Wrap up the week FRIDAY PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Wrap up the week FRIDAY PWYC

Postby lucylee » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:02 pm

I'm just cuop and nodding along... yes, yes, and yes...
Yes to a dh being underfoot and obsessing...
Yes to a dh who doesn't want to let go of ANYTHING...
I don't set a timer when he's here because he's forever pulling me away to see something. (((Twins)))
Yes, yes, yes...

One reason it is hard for me to follow any sort of BWP or daily "schedule" to my routines, etc, is because (1) dh creates distractions or (2) I have to manage my computer time vs his computer time and during spring sports season, it seems he is on this computer ALL the time!!! :evil:
If I do all my "chores" and then try to check in with y'all, it never fails -- he will have a ballgame tuned in and playing it so loud he can hear it all over the house.

And today, dh's foot is causing excruciating pain. I mean, he is almost in tears every time he has to take a step -- said the it hurt for the covers to touch it in bed. This is nothing new -- which makes it all the more depressing and frustrating. His former doctor told him this type of arthritis tends to move about, first one part of the body, then another. That is certainly dh's experience. He is taking tramadol and Aleve -- which causes issues with his blood thinner, but at this point, he is beyond caring if he bleeds to death. He just wants some pain relief.

(((Dee))) I know it must be so worrisome, having this possible surgery hanging over your head. Good to hear how well Ken is doing!

Yes to
no drama family gatherings
, LadyM! OH -- and sending good wishes to dd on the testing! (IKWYM about being a small town girl uncomfortable in the big city, too, LOL!) DGS' class has finished the testing here also. I thought they still filled in scantron sheets -- he said noooo, they did away with that some time ago. All on computer now. He only had math and reading but he said it seemed easy enough.

Re: family gatherings... our circle is widening... ddil's brother arrived today and will be staying with them for a while. Her parents home should be arriving by June.
Tomorrow for dgs' recital, my dmom wants to go, so we will pick up the dgrands at noon, and then get my dmom on our way to Big City where the recital is to be held. (The teacher lives over there, about an hour away, and she drives here for church and two lessons on Sundays.) So -- y'all know, anytime I add anyone to my little bunch, even dmom, I get a little nervous -- worried that everyone will be on time and dh won't freak out about running late, etc... etc... But dh is very happy to take dmom with us, but he did say we would move up our departure time by approx 30 minutes (and dmom's house is no more than a mile out of the route we have to take anyway. :roll: )
DDIL says she will not go to the recital if I will promise to record it -- she is working tonight and tomorrow night (and Sunday night) -- so this will be the first of MANY weekend activities that she will be absent, I suspect. She thinks her parents will go to the recital, but she says if her parents do no go to the recital, we can bring dgd back home to them tomorrow night, or to her house to stay with her dbro. (DS is out of town playing music tomorrow, but will be home around midnight.)
So... all that to say... more complications, more people to consider, but it seems like it all may be working out okay.

Goodness! I hope you do NOT have any more hail damage, LadyM! Y'all have certainly had your share!

LOL at Cathy's dishes showing off! :lol: :lol: :lol:

WTG, Harmony, on the declutter!!!

Waving to everyone!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:53 pm

I went to an estate sale and 2 yard sales. So much fun except one part not going in to that now. Washed up my treasures except the items to paint.
One sale was going to sell the house, my daughter and e sil build texted her and someone she knows is going over to make an offer on the place.
Going like hot cakes they are it is not even on the market.

Got some throw rugs to replace my icky ones glad for my truck hauled side tables to paint for the dgd if she wants then.
Other fun stuff now I have to do toss and let go of some things to make room for them one in one out rule.
Had lunch I need to get something done in the yard.

Chatted with dd.
Did a round on the side of the carport it looks better. More to do hydration break after walking dog arpund the block.
Up next put saw horses & half sheet plywood in shop. X
Loaded small branches in the trailer.
Had a low had to eat a snack & hydrate.
Got bigger branches rounded up and out of the plant cage and back yard.
Got them ready to load after I get the trailer hooked up to move not till next weekend.
I should have a helper for this next part for safety.
The dog has been enjoying the shade.
It looks better!

Got one new to me rug dry & down.
Moved chairs and old towels out of spare bedroom.
Two chairs need to go down stairs.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:47 pm

I swept the kitchen — MUCH needed!
Also typed notes and sent email for teacher group.
Getting KFC for supper now.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:26 pm

So happy to be back home and have all scheduled activities done for the day. I did get hailed on while sitting in the parking lot waiting for DD9 to take her test. I can't tell how much (or if) it damaged the vehicle because it is still raining. All I know and really care about right now is it didn't break the car windows. Any other hail damage can be dealt with later. I can hear the thunder still rumbling so I know we still have several hours of storms to get through today. #SpringTimeIsHere!

I need to check and update SHE cards so I can know where I am in the daily doings. Then I'll choose what won't get done today and get busy on the things I choose to do.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:54 pm

He is a rough/tough "looking" guy who would never harm a woman or an animal. He has tattoos and a nasty scowl. He also has a beautiful, honest laugh and would be anyone's knight in shining armor if they needed him to be

I absolutely love this type of fellas. (love as in friendship love...:) I know several of these type rough-looking fellas with huge hearts and I would definitely want them on my side in all circumstances. I could care less about them being covered with tattoos, long hair and full beards. I have learned not to judge a book by the cover (so to speak).

LadyM, what's your plan for DD next school year?

The plan is for DD9 to return to IRL brick & mortar public school. In hindsight, DD9 being out of B&M school has been a blessing in many ways. DD9 had a lot of things happen to her during this past year and this break gave her time to process emotions. She will have been out of B&M school for 17 months by the time she returns in August. She has grown emotionally by leaps and bounds during this downtime. Hopefully, she will be able to easily return to public school and attend for the next 8 years.

The kids' guitar teacher just text that tomorrow's lessons are canceled out of an abundance of caution. His wife has cold-type symptoms. She tested negative for C19. So.....that frees up our Saturday morning. It is now a sleep late day!

daily stats & progress -
** 58 SHE cards completed
** 1346 calories consumed. I'm proud of myself with this. I ate out 3 times today and managed to not blow my calorie count for the day.
** 2683 steps. This is way low. I've been sitting too much today. Time to get my arms swinging and rack up some steps.
1. Know what you want.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:08 pm

Dishwasher is going. All pots/pans/sharp knives and wooden spoons are washed and on the rack. Kitchen is as clean as it is going to get tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:06 pm

Now that I have some time to focus on other things. I finally stayed focused long enough to get DH and my combo hunting and fishing license bought. These are state-issued lifetime licenses so this is the last time we will need to do this. We still have to purchase yearly licenses for fishing in the city-owned lakes.

I cut a double handful of onion green tops. They are now chopped, bagged, and in the freezer.

Next is to order stevia drops. We are running low and that is something I use daily
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:00 pm

Sigh another first feeling a bit helpless trying to get the trailer moved out for the tight spot h put it.
I can sort of move it rolled like six inches not lost the momentium.
Trying to remember how it went in there and how to get it out.
It was like one person driving the other watching so it do es not hit the house, carpot poles etc.
New adventures coming. I will definately put it in a diff spot. The truck dson did not want me to sell is in the way.
Sigh.

Did a foot soak realzing that I suck at self care as I wrapped my feet in a towel before buffing them with the pumace stone.
Watered the front yard.
I think I got my goal s done today.
Just kept doing things I could and were things I had been thinknng of. Yea!
Not much inside from the looks of the dining room.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:42 pm

Cathy and LadyM, HRH often gets the feeling he is avoided because of looks. I think I've mentioned here before that his looks make everyone smile in Nov and Dec, and little children are allowed to run right up to him. People look him in the eye pleasantly when he walks into a store, they engage him in conversation, ask about his beard, etc. The rest of the year, in tee-shirt weather, maybe not so much ;) . That said, LadyM, we are all wise to be thoughtful and cautious about our surroundings.

Dd got home this afternoon and still had a zoom meeting upcoming, and fast. She had to ask to use my computer. I'd been doing so much work on containers and office stuff it looked a mess in here. With little time to waste, I took about 5 stacks of stuff away to my bed (! :oops: ) and set them there so she could look uncomplicated. Sigh. I was just going to bring it all back, but she instead put it on the floor there to wait, and promised we'd go through it together tomorrow and make progress on toss-or-save decisions, rather than missing the opportunity to "have" to address it, lol.

Dstepson has been given a company car to use for going to work and back, and his new position (same company) will pay him from the time he gets in the car until he gets home in it. So we are very happy that he's been appreciated. HRH is telling this to everyone. (of course, I'm telling ya'll, so I can't say anything about his bragging, now can I?) HRH's phone and online conversations begin, "MY SON, you know, he's so DEPENDABLE that ... .." :)

Return to “Post When You Can”