Sneaky Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Sneaky Saturday

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:43 am

Did anything sneak up on you this Sathrday?
This week I realised May is sneaking up on me.
Had to get up and deal with a low.
I was more active yesterday so not really all that surprised.

Sleep helped not so weepy, I was tired last night fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
My taskes today dealing with old towels and chairs I took out of spare room down stairs.
The spare room is my perfect room so trying to keep at least one room in good order these days.

OMM
I nned to paint a chair and table top for that room. And get wood rounded up out of the plant cage area.
Planning to do.
I need to get the bbq pit going today as well.

Have a great weekend!

CathyS

Re: Sneaky Saturday

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:02 am

Hi!

I dreamt about having a garden that people I know locally came to sit in and visit with me. It was a weird dream. Is it because I want to get out there and get into the garden or is it that I just want to sit around and visit with these people again?

It's a beautiful sunny day here. I think we have rain in the forecast.

No idea what we are having for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:12 am

The webinar I'm watching today snuck up on me. I did not do the prep work at all. That's how it is. The webinar begins at 9:30 and is over at 5:30. :shock:

We're moving some things back into the great room slowly. Issues are furniture placement. The bookcases can't go back where they were because mantle is wider and they seem sooooo dark in this room now. We'll figure it out, I'm sure.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:44 am

Hello!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:34 am

Yes, the weekend has definitely 'snuck' up on me this week. Another 'sneaky' is that dd noticed last night that my right eye is very blood shot in the inside corner. Haven't felt anything so have no idea what happened. Vision is ok.

DD made burritos for breakfast but I could only eat 1/2 of mine and I was full. Had 5 squares of chocolate around 1am and still my BS was only 61 this morning. Guess I need to start taking it several times a day and see where it goes over the next few days. As it is, I'm only taking 5mg glipizide before breakfast and before dinner. Goofy.

DD figured out (somewhat) how to do scanning on my computer so think that's what I'll focus on today.

Dh called last night. Said Dr thought his magnesium is low. Know it's gone down almost a point since he saw him in November. And I think he's taking a larger dose. Noticed these pills are 500mg and I think he was only taking 250mg before.

Still keep thinking about trying to change my flight home and go north earlier. I know I'm not firing on all cylinders and so afraid of having to go to hospital again. I had thought about trying church tomorrow but I'm just not ready. Sure dd will be encouraging me to go.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:43 am

hello d dee, d twins, d Nancy (thank you for starting us), d Cathy and dear all.

I need to really focus.
2 loads of laundry folded
put away done in family room
empty dw
okey dokey artichoke-y
I have to move
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:33 am

Very different Saturday here. At 9:00 we watched DGSs college graduation online. It was a very nice presentation. They had it on utube, FB and the University website and I watched it there. Music was nice and for the pledge of allegiance and other patriotic stuff they had videos of flags; when they sang the school "hymn" they had video of the big college buildings. DGS looked definitely happy when he crossed the stage.

By 4:00 we have to be in next town on a boat. Our friend who died of Covid is being sprinkled in the harbor. The wife called and requested we be there. She's chartered a big boat to go out to do this.

DH went back to his job to strip the forms from around the porch he poured yesterday. He went to bed very early and slept like a log and this morning after he was up a bit he went back to bed and slept till the graduation was on. He's overtired from all the work.

I need to go out and water.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:02 pm

Supper will be steak and asparagus for dh. I will do a packet of onions with oil and butter.

I was thinking about making perogies with the steak. I'm going to ask dh if he wants any. I know that I do.

I cut the grass this morning.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:16 pm

Good Morning!

For the second night in a row, I slept way more than my normal. Last night's sleep was 10 hr 26 minutes. Both nights had a high sleep score (90). I've been consistently working on getting better sleep and am pleased to see my efforts seem to be the right combination for my body. I've been able to stop taking melatonin so I'm not taking any medication to help me sleep now. My average sleep so far this year is 8.6 hours a night. Maybe....hopefully.... one thing that I'm doing right. :)

The thunderstorms rocked and rolled last night but nothing severe. We have a lull in the springtime storm weather until next Tuesday night.

Today's menu includes Beef Fajitas, refried beans, and Caribbean rice. DH and I both like caramelized onions and bell peppers so I've got 3 onions and 3 bell peppers ready to be cooked. I'm a big fan of the Extreme Tortillas because they only have 50 calories. I've got some regular flour tortillas on hand for those who prefer them. SOME day I would like to cook tortillas from scratch but that won't be happening today.

This afternoon is the youth car wash to raise money to attend camp.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:37 pm

Watching and listening to this speaker is almost painful. These are usually top-notch speakers. I know she knows her stuff, but she her speech is halting and she sounds unsure of herself...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”