Seeing Steps Forward Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Seeing Steps Forward Sunday

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:17 pm

I can see my way forward now yea for progress! The trailer is moved now! A guy with ATV on my walking route did it.
Took less than five min. Now I can use it. Loaded up some of the wood.

The wood I put in the shop took up too much space and was not working, so I moved one piece back outside on the
sawhorses for a painting platform.

Got the two chairs I had to paint done they are drying now.
Walked the dog & talked to my dd& dsis.

Picked up after painting that is the best feeling puting stuff away after completing a painting project.
Swept kitchen & diing room.
Did dishes.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:19 pm

We've been busy, dh has barely let me sit down at the computer for more than a minute. We went to the market and walked through - lots and lots of people, most without masks :shock: . I didn't see anything I had to have. There were lines at the flower merchants, they were sold out of strawberries. I was kind of looking for a second basil plant but only one seller had basil and it was the same as my other one, which I should plant now.

We still had time on the parking meter so we went in a restaurant/brewery next to the market and had a "cold beer" in the sunshine. Since we've been back home we've re hung some of our art and decided on places for a couple of others. Thinking and talking about what furniture changes to make - the black bookshelves look so dark now that we have extra windows, and they can't go back where they were because the mantle is longer than the old one. Inside we still have the fireplace tiling and some paint touch up and they are to put the mount up for the TV over the fireplace for us. It will be high, but this mount allows it to be pulled down lower for comfortable viewing if needed.

I have chili started for our supper. It's almost 70 degrees this afternoon
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:42 pm

Just wondering if the black bookshelves could be moved into a bedroom.

Supper is over and most of the dishes are done. There is a load in the washing machine and when that is done, I will turn on the dishwasher. I want to stitch now. I also want to finish the pan and the knives in the sink.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:48 pm

Twins, can you paint the black bookcases? My 2-shelf bookcase I have in the dining room was black. I painted it, a creme color inside (almost white) and a very light beige with some gold/grey antiquing on the outside. My walls in the dining room are a darker brown and the contrast is pretty. It's not perfect but surely looks better than the black was.

Our zoom meeting tonight was another failure. We have a camera/microphone combo...and the camera worked but not the mic. We tried everything we could think of again. What bothers me is that this interrupts the meeting and they keep trying to tell us to do things that do not work. I spent the evening again trying to figure this out. I've printed out 12 pages of instructions and I've watched about 10 utubes. I've done several troubleshooting things that were not helpful at all. All my settings are perfect, I've checked them over and over.

You know, I just don't know how people figure this stuff out. People old like us just do this stuff like it is so natural to them. Some people don't try and don't have anything to do with computers because it is so hard for them. We've never been like that. We've tried and tried since 2002 to learn how to do all this stuff and not everything has been successful. DH is pretty hopeless, he can do his email and FB and that is about it. When something doesn't work he gets so frustrated.

I don't have a single friend here who is literate and would come teach me anything. Anything we've paid to get done they made sure not to tell us anything we could do by ourselves.

Sigh... well, it is what it is. I can still come here and type. :cry:

Return to “Post When You Can”