Seeing Steps Forward Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Seeing Steps Forward Sunday

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:29 am

My hope for each of us is that we can have clarity in seeing our smart path ahead. Sunday is one potential good day of the week for charting paths and considering plans (but of course we can start anew anytime).

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Seeing Steps Forward Sunday

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:48 am

Halting outside progress bc of rain here today. Rest i s a good thing.
Got somd progress on painting a 2nd coat on some smallproje ts so I can get them out of the dining area.
I slept well.
Got dressed in paint clothes.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:56 am

I like that d harriet!

hello d harriet and d Nancy!
glad you slept well d Nancy

hello everyone

I have been struggling with this goofy ankle still - I do great to okay in the morning but by afternoon it is really a pain. (I know it will get better but right now it is making me cranky. Think positive!!!

take care

I thought this was interesting - A group that I am working in is working on decluttering the Fantasy self objects (you know - I will sew 120 camel costumes for the Christmas play - pam and Peggy had a funny skit about this. The goal is to stay in your current season and accept that you may not.... what ever it is. I found it very helpful.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:08 am

I slept in until almost 10 this a.m. It was good to sleep late, I've been so exhausted emotionally (and physically, moving furniture and cleaning dust) lately.

I think we'll go to the market later - I need a new basil plant since the one I planted too early had it's cover blow off and got killed off. And the sun is supposed to come out this afternoon and we're to hit 70 today.

Thank you for starting us in a thoughtful way, Harriet. This is from an author/artist/friend who writes a newspaper column here - she writes about "post-traumatic growth." It's a good read for looking forward: https://www.danashavin.com/after-a-long ... 36C9OXo-1E

bw2, I imagine you need to to build your strength back. I know it's not easy! Dfriend M recently celebrated six months post back surgery, before which she was mostly in bed for a month. She's finally walking the distances she walked before at the nature park, but still has a bit of an off gait when she's tired.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:48 am

hi d twins I am so glad you rested!
praying for continued strength and health for your dear friend. thank you for sharing about her journey. Step by step. Very helpful
Thank for sharing Dana Shavin's writing!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:55 am

Hi!

When I woke up and looked at the calendar I was thinking 8 months until Christmas, I should stitch today.

Dh did a tie rod or something on a customer's pick up truck this morning. Then we went grocery shopping. 1 store was a store I haven't been to in a very long time and I had a stomach ache because dh really wanted to go, so we went. I think my tummy is better now. We also got soda at a pharmacy.

We are having a bunch of Polish stuff from the deli for supper. Tomorrow night will be steak fajitas.

It's cold and windy here with rain in the forecast.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:34 pm

We were out of the house by 8:15 this morning to attend 1st church service. Then we attended the small groups. I am really enjoying this church as I get to know more people. I try to introduce myself to at least one person every time I attend. You would think in a small town that I would know everyone but I don't. Today I meet Donita who just moved to our town and attended our church for the first time. I thought she looked familiar but I wasn't sure who she was. Then I found out Donita is Gaylene's cousin. So I immediately started making the connections....that means Donita's Mom is June. THEN I knew who Donita was plus her brother, her dad, mom, grandparents, aunt & uncles, et. etc. etc. Donita and I attended the same school for 12 years but we were 3 years apart so that meant we knew who each other were but we didn't hang out together.

I had lunch ready before leaving for church but we decided to eat out. We drove to a Mexican restaurant in the next town. I ate too much and it made me feel sick to be so full. I came home and walked for 15 minutes until I started feeling better.

TMI Warning. Sam (our Whippet dog) killed 2 animals last night that came into "his" yard. We found a possum and a feral cat dead this morning in his yard. I hate this part of who Sam is. He is absolutely a gentle dog unless another animal comes into his yard. I read that Whippets were bred to catch rabbits so I doubt if this will ever change. Although, Sam is around Micro in the house and NEVER shows any signs of aggression. I'm sad about Sam's behavior toward wild animals that come into his yard but I don't know what to do to change it.

Current status of things I'm tracking
** 45 SHE cards completed
** 2781 steps
** 1510 calories eaten
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:00 pm

I actually got some stitching done this afternoon. It was in between a nap and putting supper into the oven to heat up.

Perogies, cabbage rolls and "chicken Cordon Bleu" which we have never bought from here.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:37 pm

Hello! I played hooky from church today. I was still tired this morning. DH was too but he went to the early service. He also had enough energy to go on a bike ride. I had enough energy later to go to the supermarket, ride past the book drop bin, and go to big store and buy more plants. It was a lot of work and I was glad to be home and unloaded. I got another 8 plants and put them in their pots where I'll be putting them in the ground. DH and I walked around and looked at everything. He agreed with all I'd bought. Too bad if he didn't, it's my project now!

Got all the usual done and watered. Everything looks so very nice right now. But I have to keep up with the watering since our rains haven't started yet.

Must check to see if we have a zoom meeting this evening. Twins, that's a nice article. LadyM, I looked in at your link to Canada. Interesting. Blessed, would icing help your ankle feel better? Not frosting it, ice cubes in a bag. :lol:

Sorry to read from Sunny that they are tired from the recovering process. Hoping her DDiL feels better soon.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:58 pm

I've reached the daily goals that I'm working on this month so I rewarded myself with a virtual trip to Napoli Italy. I love listening to a local person doing a live video while answering questions and telling the history of each place visited. The churches are open now and the one he showed inside was absolutely beautiful. There is a lot of people so it was somewhat crowded. He said on April 25th they celebrate the anniversary of their liberation from Germany.

We have 3 days of school this week and then we are taking a 10-day break from school work. The anticipation is building! We will start our summer school schedule the first week of May. The goal is to do school work for 4 hours a week for the next 4 months.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”