Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:35 am

Last week of April is upon us! What do you need to happen this week? What happy planning have you done for the week?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Monday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:42 am

Good morning dear Twins!!!! oh I love happy! I can't wait to see what everyone is doing this week.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:53 am

Hi!

There is at least 1 happy thing planned for this week. Maid service is coming on Wednesday!!

All of my dishes are clean and most are put away. Just did the ones I didn't do last night, so they are still dripping wet on the rack.

Ordered a new 4 slice toaster from A river on Saturday and it is supposed to be arriving today. I always get my packages before they are expected to arrive, which I love.

Steak fajitas for supper. Steak is left over from Saturday, so I don't even have to cook it.

I have 2 errands today. C ostco for meds for dh and banking to make deposits into 2 accounts. I also have to book my jab.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:06 am

I'm trying to get my life back to "normal," whatever that will be. We are loving the changes to our home but need construction to finish, and we need to make decisions about what, where, and how. The great room feels light filled now and that makes me happy.

We are having houseguests this weekend and I can get the guest bedroom ready and we can make the downstairs livable, but it's not going to be its final form. We have to be satisfied with what we can reasonably do.

The bookcase is black and is IKEA and it could be painted. For now, I think we need to wait until the rest of the furniture is in place, because it may not look so big and dark then. We have two and might end up using one. We used the top shelves for display and the lower for books. Two weeks ago we looked at a house in our neighborhood that was the same floorplan as ours and they had IKEA cabinets on either side of the fireplace - we found those at the IKEA site but they are out of stock in ATL. Nearest in stock is in FL. Those would allow display room and book room. So we're kind of stuck for the moment.

For the longest, I was finishing what I needed to do and heading upstairs for research and writing. I can't get myself going again. I felt I had a really good case study and it went down in flames. I need to find something else and get started, but I'm not sure that that will be. Or get started again on another part of my portfolio.

And I miss my dMuffin.

That leaves the week mostly getting the house back together somehow. That makes me happy too because it moves us back toward "normal."

In other news, I have sheets in washer and am working through a.m. routine.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:39 am

(((twins))))

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:41 am

hello d Cathy

- I worked in the garage for one hour.
- now for card file and outside yard work

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:27 am

I slept horribly last night -mainly due to a mosquito bite on my leg that has been driving me insane -or at least on the road there. Took my T-med around 6ish and then finally went to sleep for almost 3 hours. BS this morning: 66 :cry: Know for sure my Dr is going to have something to say/do about the morning lows. Still haven't gone out for my breakfast. Dsonil will be here in the great room until around 12:15. He will start days May 3rd I think or the next Monday -not sure. Then he has to be to work at 5am -till 1:30/2. So the rest of my stay he'll be here afternoon & evening.

Yesterday dsonil was sitting in his recliner on his phone and complaining he's just so tired. BUT he doesn't move at all. A prerequisite for getting his diabetes under some control I'm thinking. DD finally said to him, "You can't just sit there all day." His reply? "Yes, I can." Later she said to me: "If he thinks he's just going to sit all day once he retires and I'm working 2-3 jobs, he has another think coming." In some fairness he did pick up branches all over the yard again on Saturday & took them in the lawn mower/trailer to the road. Also cut down some bamboo in their back yard. Complained that the neighbor dk's she hired to pick up the branches in the yard the weekend before didn't do a good job (she paid them). Unfortunately yes they did a superb job but all these branches had come down since then. Was a good thing he did it Saturday as the lawn crew came Sunday to do the 2 acre lawn. There's a high pile again for the county to pick up when they make their bi-weekly run. Did discover Friday that the big thud they heard in the storms the weekend before was a large limb down on the back of the house. DD prayed that dsonil wouldn't have to climb up there to get it -he's not good with heights. Sunday morning: down on the ground. Thankful for small miracles.

DD went to another big store Saturday to look at appliances. Everywhere she's looked there's quite a waiting period for them to come in. This store not only had them in stock (she wants black stainless steel) but also told her they give the military discount plus a package discount. The 2 big box stores she knew gave the discount but was surprised to find it there. So she paid the down payment and they will store them until she needs them -just needs to call 3 days ahead. The kitchen cabinets however will be a couple of months before they're in. :roll:

We have 3 days of school this week and then we are taking a 10-day break from school work. The anticipation is building! We will start our summer school schedule the first week of May. The goal is to do school work for 4 hours a week for the next 4 months.
Wow! I was wrong: Lady M will have somewhat of a vacation after that first week of May. Enjoy it, Lady M. When do the B&M schools finish the year?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:31 am

Good Morning!

DS12 woke me up this morning before 7am. He was already showered, dressed, and ready to go. He is super excited about getting to help the grandpa of his best friend. DS12 will be attempting to crawl underneath a house and put insulation on the water lines. I say attempting because DS12 has never crawled under a home, he is somewhat claustrophobic, and because he is a big fella with broad shoulders and doesn't easily fit into tight places. I trust the friend that DS12 will be working with/for so we will see how it goes. This is something DS12 wants to do so I'm okay with him trying it. No matter what happens today DS12 is increasing his life skills.

I've earned & enjoyed my first reward of the day and am working toward my #2 reward.

I'm feeling a bit melancholy. I caught a mouse in a trap this morning. I would be happy to never see another dead animal.

When do the B&M schools finish the year?

May 26th.

Next up -
** Set up school assignments for DD9
** Daily clean my bathroom (wipe down bathtub, vanity, floor & swish toilet)
** Fill daily water bottles for everyone.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:57 am

We're proud of your DS right along with you, Lady M. He's certainly growing up!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:33 am

It's busy around here now. Painters are back to try to touch up and repaint some areas. They have such a "country" accent I can hardly understand them, and one of them talks a mile a minute. The "project manager" guy for the contractor is here doing odds and ends, and I just found out that I need to empty the cabinet in the laundry room - he is going to attempt to square it up and reattach so it won't move. One of the supports didn't hit a stud when it was installed nine years ago and it sags on one side. (Would have loved some advance notice on that, but I'll be happy when it's done.) DH came home to "supervise" the painters and project manager guy. I couldn't wait for him to be gone! :lol: And I had a 30 min phone call with a genealogy friend who needed to locate a manuscript/book here.

So now I'm going to empty that cabinet.

Return to “Post When You Can”