Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Monday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:45 am

I went and ran my errands. I even took myself to the King of all Burgers for pancakes. $3.15 for 3 pancakes and I was full when I finished. You can't make them at home for that little amount of money. I couldn't because I would be full after 3 medium sized pancakes and the rest of the batter wouldn't last because I don't crave them often enough.

I went to that massive store with the red sign for dh's meds. They have all the none-grocery sections blocked off except for the health and beauty section near the pharmacy. Each pallet had 1 type of food item on it and they were stacked over 5 feet high. There must have been over 100 of these, maybe 2 hundred. It was impressive. No wonder the parking lot was less than half full.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:03 pm

Did my top three things around here plus a coupe of other things.
It is starting to show yea!
I have made some progress on the kitchen dining room is next.
Got 2 corners in the creativity room delt with yay those are the most visable so happy with that progress. Yippie!

I am working on the last shrub and have about half of it done.
Thaking a breather now. Guy is spraying for weeds or some thing across the street.
I will load them later.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:14 pm

Hello everyone. I'm sitting here in the dining room looking out over the back yard. No clouds in the sky and a little breeze moving the trees. We are supposed to be in the upper 80*s most of the week. Temperature is only 59* outside now.

The house is quiet at the moment. Both dson and ddil have gone out to work early and dgrson left a little while ago. So far I don't have much planned for the week, but I should make a trip to dcousin's house in small town to pick up any mail that is there some time this week. I keep putting off having the mail forwarded to this address. I also have a letter to finish writing so I can get that into the mail.

(((Twins))), thank you for sharing the link to Dana Shavin's article. She is a good writer. Wow, it's been nine years since you moved to that house??!! It's so nice that you are liking the new changes!

Harmony, thank you. Ddil said she is feeling a little better. She is sure that it is Covid related and thinks she just did too much too soon.

Lady M, I hope DS12's job goes well this morning. I like his brave spirit to try new things!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:59 pm

Lunch break.

I made a big pot of Spaghetti and meat sauce for the family. I'm having a bowl of my favorite meat/vegetable soup.

DS12 is here to eat lunch. He came into the house with a HUGE smile on his face because he is so proud of himself to be able to do the work under the house. I don't think there is an inch of his body & clothes that aren't covered in dirt. He said the guy he is working for/with used a leaf blower to get most of the dirt off him before he came home for lunch. DS12 said he is about 1/4 done with this job. His friend is supposed to come to work with them after B&M school.

DH mowed until he used up 4 batteries. That is too much exercise for his body at one time IMHO. He remembers when he used to not have any physical end to his energy and he keeps wanting to do that. I encouraged him to mow using only do 2 batteries a day which is about an hour of walking nonstop.

Current daily stats -
78 SHE cards completed. 4 Rewards collected and enjoyed.
3601 Steps
368 calories eaten.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:13 pm

Hi everyone! I did transfer the kittens to another foster and got the older cats Sunday. A sad situation where an older man had a stroke and went into assisted living. The son has never had cats, but had arranged for their care, and bought two 30 pound bags of food, plus two 20 pound bags of litter. He felt bad about not taking the cats himself, but he has two large cat-eating dogs. He felt better about the situation when I told him he could bring his father to see the cats while I foster them. They are about 12 years old, so they will likely be here a while. They are both beautiful Siamese mixes. One of them growls A LOT! Not at me, but situationally. It is a nervous growl and she does not attack, but adopters will have to be warned. The other is hiding in a corner, but lets me pet her. Both are girls. I now have 3 Siamese mixes and they can be very LOUD.

I have a job lined up for Elizabeth's Own Plumbing Service tonight - my bathroom faucet is dripping. The problem is that I have no idea of the manufacturer. I will have to take it apart and match the parts in the hardware store.

Elizabeth's Own Travel Service is busy making arrangements for my next camping trip with the RV club and DD19's graduation trip to Denver amusement parks and water parks. It will be a 9 day affair and she wants to spend the entire 7 non-travel days at the parks. My sister in law is likely to join us, and maybe my parents. One brother (her husband) cannot make it. I left a message with my other brother, but I doubt he will be there. I don't think the other members of the trip will want 7 days of amusement parks (I think it will be a BLAST!). We can divvy up cars so they don't have to.

If I am going to have people come over to see the cats, I better get those slackers at Elizabeth's Own Maid Service to come by. They should bring their laundry service people too.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:28 pm

Quick ci: before I get started on something "productive."

BIG, BIG WTG to LadyM's ds! That is TOUGH work, I would think, especially if one is slightly claustrophobic. I am sooo impressed that he is able to do that.

And mmmm... spaghetti sounds sooo good...

I have a dripping bathroom faucet too, Elizabeth. Could you come repair it while you're on the job? ;)

Good to see Sunny popping in, and I'm glad folks at your house are recovering. Everyone I know who has had Covid said the exhaustion takes forever to go away.
I have a possible Covid-related prayer request also -- NOT confirmed, but I'm suspicious that a dfriend may have it -- I'll put more in J&C.

Nancy, you are just so good at getting all these things done! You too, blessed! WTG!

I need to get busy. I keep wanting to follow the zones, but I think I should quit worrying about what zone I'm in and just DO the thing that seems to be calling my name at any given moment.
DH is working on a "project," as we speak. Get this: He is going through his baseball cards to see which ones are missing. :roll: He wants to see what it would cost to complete a set and have that to pass down to dgs. I have a feeling this would be an VERY expensive undertaking, but whatever... if he wants to spend his day making lists of baseball cards, that's fine with me. :lol:

Cathy, we ate at W affle H ouse last night with dgs. Sooo good. I had a pecan waffle. Like you said, I don't crave them all the time, but mmm... so good every once in a while.

Hang in there, Twins! This will all be done soon, sounds like!

(((Dee))) So glad your dd found the appliances she wanted. When our washing machine died, there was a pretty long wait for most of the models I looked at.

BTW -- y'all have heard me complain sooo much about the new washing machine. Well, it IS working better since I followed the repairman's suggestion to use less detergent. Apparently it has a suds detector, and if there is too much suds when it is trying to rinse, it just freezes up and will not continue the cycle. I may have told y'all this before. Anyway -- I don't like using such a small amount of detergent, but it IS doing better this way. Sometimes it still gets off balance but it is much better.

You are ALL so busy and getting so much accomplished. I'm going to start something too! :D
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:39 pm

waving to all of you - time to get ready for a 2 hour dentist appointment :shock: eek.
today dh and I did major donation and decluttering
I hired junk king to come to our home (while I am gone) to get all the stuff I pulled from the garage.

Also I let go of a fantasy self item: before I got sick (last summer) and broke my ankle/then surgery I had planned on setting up a water drip system like they do in garden answer - My brother said - it's not something you can do now - you may have to accept that your body can't do that - he was right. so off it goes to junk king where they will find use for it with someone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:53 pm

Best wishes, blessed.

A day of trying to contact people. Sigh.

I went with dd to a dr's follow-up appt first thing - don't know why except to sit in the parking lot. Anyway, she's fine.

Tried to make a different appt and have had such a time getting people on the line, getting an understanding of when a doctor will be at a location that makes sense, etc. Also, we lost connection once, right when I was getting somewhere.

Then I picked up groceries while dd stayed home to get ready for work. She was able to help put some things away.

HRH was appalled to find an out-of-date code (waaaay out of date to the point of dangerous) and so I was back on the phone :roll: trying to get ahold of the store, which took a long time. Finally, we have a refund and they sent an email to the dept telling them about the problem. He is considering contacting the brand company, but that is on him to do if he wants to. He says if it had been him and his product was represented in that way, he would have wanted to know.

Elizabeth, how interesting - I've never been around Siamese to know their decibel level. We sometimes hear Tobias in the kitchen telling the world his portion of food wasn't enough. But if you were in conversation or the tv was on, I think you'd miss it. Communication with us that is not close to us, is mostly psychic mind control with large-pupil staring, sometimes turning his back if we have become unacceptable.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:03 pm

I may completely lose my mind before this is all over. Painters here again, plus guys setting up the gas fireplace, which does not look like what I thought we wanted. Of course, dh was in charge of that - said the contractor could get the same thing somewhere else. (Do ya'll remember those times that dh dragged me out to look at gas fireplaces??) And then dd called all anxious too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:37 pm

Nancy's Logging Co. Is on a break I have one more large branch left to do.
Yea for this progress!
I had lunch and had hydration break.
Limbs are down but not cut up that will be later on.
Neighbor said it is looking better!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”