Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Monday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:08 pm

Dh and I took a load of scrap metal to be recycled and it was 600 pounds. We made $75 for the pleasure. Honestly, I really enjoyed throwing those old rusty things. I truly got rid of some pent up anger I didn't realize I was withholding. :shock: Who knew?!?!

When we came home, dh put the rest of the chicken wire over the garden boxes. The cats don't like it at all, so that will stop them from jumping up there and digging in the dirt. After that, we had a bit of a fire in the fire pit and we just sat and relaxed and talked. Came inside and dh cut up all the veggies for the fajitas.

Toaster came less than 48 hours after I ordered it and I was informed that I should be expecting it this coming Friday. Awesome customer service.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:19 pm

I'm going to start something too!

Ha! All I did was shop online... and add things to my cart(s) but have not purchased yet.
I feel very uncertain about all my "wants" -- do any of you have any suggestions?

I need:
* brown AND black summer shoes, preferably Y ellow B ox sandals, because I know they are comfortable
* dressy, loose fitting pants and top, suitable for outdoor wedding in June
* gift for medical student grad, who will start her residency in TX in June
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:21 pm

(((blessed))) What is the dentist doing to you?
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:16 pm

Lucy I have titled one of my wish lists books helps a bit.
I like to think about stuff before I actually get it.
Next I am going to get some plants locally a couple of plant sales.
Did not walk the dog today because I am gardening she does not mind I may just take her around the block.
Perfect weather for gardening here today and most of the week.
I may have to unload the sticks to make room for branches in the trailer and they can be on the sides for making it taller!

I have leaves to bag up that will go in another load.
Onion plants and to containerize to make room for plants.
I have onion sets too.
They grow really well here ever heard of Walla Walla Sweet onions Walla Walla is 100 mi. from here!

I have seeds and they are not in the ground too early.
I would like some baskets maybe some wire ones.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:27 pm

I've exceeded my daily goals so I'm stopping for an hour or two, then I will start getting ready. Tonight is a gathering at the home of the teacher of our small group. I've never been to her home but she gave me directions to get to it. Go a half-mile past Ronitas's house and turn left. Go 3 miles until you get to the y in the road. Turn right and go until you see the "Whiskey Creek" sign over the driveway. It's only about 20 miles from where I live so I don't think I will get lost. I'm expecting there to be a couple of dozen ladies in attendance. I'm looking forward to it. I've intentionally kept my calories low today so I can eat at the party.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:42 pm

Have fun, LadyM!

I FINALLY cleaned dh's shower -- this is supposed to be a weekly task. According to my card file, it has been just 3 days short of becoming a monthly task... :oops: ugh... And I can certainly see that it is easier to do on a weekly basis. I also s/s the toilets in the two baths that we use. (It had not been a month on those chores, thankfully!)

I also cooked supper & s/s the kitchen, dh and I took a ride around town, and I had a nap.
Today is laundry day, but laundry did NOT get done.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:53 pm

Hello busy day here never made it here earlier.

Cathy, we make waffles once in a great while. Any leftover batter we make them up and put in refrigerator or freezer. Then DH gets a couple out and pops them in the toaster. Works just fine. I like mine with a bit of butter but no syrup.

Lucylee, what kind of laundry soap are you using? I don't think mine makes much suds at all. Are you using a powder or a liquid? I use mostly the Arm and H ammer brand powder, and I put the scoop in a container with hot water and stir that up for a while till it's mostly dissolved. That's what my manual said to do. I always thought powder cleaned better than liquid. About your purchases, shoes sound good if you've tried them before; remember loose fitting pants aren't the style any more. I wouldn't wear leggings to a wedding (I wouldn't wear them anywhere actually) but too 'sloppy' slacks and you'd look out of style...gift for medical student...haven't a clue. Think about your basket of wishes for a bit then order them. I usually decide I don't need whatever I've been thinking about!

Blessed, too bad you didn't get your drip water system going. I've been watering so much, my bill came today and I'm afraid to open the envelope! Hope your mouth isn't hurting from the dentist work.

Nancy, never had those onions but we get mild sweet onions, vidalia, from Georgia and they are quite mild. Have you ever had them?

Harriet, wondering about Tobias. What kind of cat is he...he sounds like a wonderful companion.

Forced myself to go outside and plant all the plants I brought home. I did 7 out of 8. DH went out and started the 8th, the biggest hardest one to do. We have a deep hole in the concrete drive between the shop and the reg. garage doors right up at the building. The shop driveway is lower than the house garage and DH did the landscaping like this...not sure why...but it also has a pipe into it so rain water will drain from the top drive into this spot and not run down the bottom drive. And then I'd forgotten but he stacked up concrete blocks in there to make a step. But whole thing was dangerous. I was always scared someone would drive into it. A big weedy fern grew itself in there. I went out and helped; we removed the blocks, blew out all the leaves, removed that invasive fern, planted the bush in there. It looks way better. I asked about getting some little edging for all around the edge, like a small picket fence sort of. DH thought that was a good idea so I'll be looking for that. Also some sort of statue in there like a metal wading bird or something... I have a place I'll go to look.

Wow, this is the best our yard has looked in a long time. I sure worked hard on it.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:39 am

WTG on your yard, Harmony!

I’m using liquid detergent — All Free and Clear? Whatever the name is — it comes in a white jug and it’s unscented.

Pants... hmmm... there’s plenty of the palazzo type pants on the websites... that’s kinda what I had in mind.
I don't like leggings either. Especially not when it’s going to be hot and humid weather.
I’m at a loss. I hate shopping.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”